DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

So, did you guys who thought Hogan was still a basically good dude until this just miss the part in the Nick Hogan trial where he argued that God used his son as a messenger to paralyze the other kid because he was a drug user, or...?

Who ever outside of older wrestlers that don't want their own shit getting aired out ever thought Hogan was a good dude?  It's been pretty common knowledge that Hogan is a me-first carny of the highest order.

Sure, but there are a lot of people online (including in this thread) saying that this news specifically has ruined their childhood, or that they knew he was a lying carny but still didn't think he was a bad guy, necessarily. And he's gotten a lot of sympathy in recent weeks over the Gawker trial (when he's not being mocked for requesting to wear a bandana in court, of course). My point is that, even if you're overlooking the rampant coke use and the ridiculous lies and the sex tape and the creepy fascination with his daughter's looks, the "not a bad dude" ship sailed when he said God wanted his kid to paralyze another kid. This is just the chocolate frosting on the orange cake.

• Like 1

There needs to be an unlimited amount of likes for threads like this.

I've been up for less than an hour and I'm already almost out of likes for the day again just from page 19.

Still haven't even cracked my like backlog from yesterday... just for this thread.

The amount of people on social media pretending to be shocked is the best part of this whole mess. Really? You're shocked the sixty year old from Florida is racist? Racism in wrestling in the 70s and 80s was about as common as steroid use. We can be sad, we can be mad, we can be any number of emotions up to and including outraged and indignant, but I don't think we can be shocked. 

Also are we just going to sleep on Sheiky Baby volunteering to take Hogan's place on the Tough Enough judging panel? That would be appointment television. 

This fucking thread. I have my likes back but I've been passing them out again. Eddie, goddamn you Eddie, you're chasing after all of them.

Seriously though, fuck Hogan.

• Like 1

This is going to be so crazy because Hogan is one guy where I find it almost impossible to sweep under the rug. How do you discuss your history and not show anything related to the first 7 WrestleManias or even Hogan/Rock etc..

This is the equivalent of Disney trying to erase Micky Mouse...if Mickey Mouse was a coked up, roid-head, narcissistic bigot.

• Like 6

Hulk is an steroid-addicted, compulsively lying orange pro wrestler who slept with with his morbidly obese fat friend's hot young wife while they secretly recorded him making racist comments about his talentless daughter's attempts to date a black billionaire's son to further her pop music career. All while his own wife was fucking one of her son's friends from school.

And he's still not anything close to the strangest guy in Florida.  

• Like 14

This is going to be so crazy because Hogan is one guy where I find it almost impossible to sweep under the rug. How do you discuss your history and not show anything related to the first 7 WrestleManias or even Hogan/Rock etc..

Their target audience was born after Hogan/Rock, let alone Wrestlemanias 1-7.

As distant and irrelevant to them as Stan Stasiak is to me, if not more so.

Even Bruno doesn't really resonate with me (and he's the obvious "how do you possibly erase this guy" parallel to Hogan).

Wrestling is well-practiced at disregarding its history in hopes that its audience will do the same.

Nope....not even close. Vince Jr. built his empire on Hogan's back. Video and images of Hogan are EVERYWHERE in the VKM empire, past and present. Stasiak? Try Bruno for an actual approximation.

Hulk is an steroid-addicted, compulsively lying orange pro wrestler who slept with with his morbidly obese fat friend's hot young wife while they secretly recorded him making racist comments about his talentless daughter's attempts to date a black billionaire's son to further her pop music career. All while his own wife was fucking one of her son's friends from school.

And he's still not anything close to the strangest guy in Florida.  

That actually sounds like a plot from a Carl Hiaasen novel. . . 

• Like 2

Nope....not even close. Vince Jr. built his empire on Hogan's back. Video and images of Hogan are EVERYWHERE in the VKM empire. past and present. Stasiak? Try Bruno for an actual approximation.

Yeah, Bruno's the way better comparison (Stasiak was just the first most "WHO?" person that came to mind).

And yet I had to learn who Bruno was from other wrestling fans (i.e. from here).  WWF/E sure wasn't quick to remind me of his existence.

Here's one to make us all feel old:  A 12 year old kid, right in the middle of the target audience, buying Cena merch now and hopefully Reigns merch tomorrow?  Born after Austin's last match.  What is Austin to him, let alone Hogan or Bruno.

Of course these guys seem unscrubbable to us.  And they should be unscrubbable.  And yet...

And Hogan just thanked Virgil on Twitter for supporting him

I went to go check this out for myself and found out that Hulk Hogan blocked me on Twitter! I wasn't following him, and I don't even think I ever tweeted @ him. Clearly, he was not a Co-oping Toward Hatred fan.

• Like 1

Well, I guess get ready to be fed more shit about how awesome The Attitude Era was.  They might as well tell everyone WWE started with Austin's 3:16 promo.

Which considering Austin's history of beating his wife makes the situation even more sad. I feel like if Austin was forgiven for that, eventually when enough time passes Hogan will be back. People have very short memories.

holy shit that was dark, oh man.

One thought I had on the situation: If there's any good to be found in this at all, it's that hopefully the WWE will sort of be forced nudge themselves out of relying on the past so much. I mean, say what you want, but there's absolutely no scenario in which I can picture one of today's top guys getting caught calling their own child's boyfriend a nigger on a sex tape 20 years from now.

And on a purely selfish note, fuck that racist prick even harder if this in any way delays or cancels Nitro 1997-2001 from being added to the WWE Network.

• Like 1

And Hogan just thanked Virgil on Twitter for supporting him

I went to go check this out for myself and found out that Hulk Hogan blocked me on Twitter! I wasn't following him, and I don't even think I ever tweeted @ him. Clearly, he was not a Co-oping Toward Hatred fan.

That or he saw you posting something else annoying on twitter.

Really though, that should be your new tag line. "Co-Opining Toward Hatred: Not Endorsed at All by Hulk Hogan"

• Like 2