DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

Fuck Mick Foley too, with his "good guy who just made a bad mistake." Yeah, the bad mistake of hating black people for his whole life. I'm sure he'll just clean that up and fix it right now.

Actually, fuck everybody defending Hogan.

Yeah let's get back to watching and defending our wrestling heroes like Capt. Redneck Dick Murdoch and The Assassin and the Harris Brothers and...

Pretty sure the Harris Brothers aren't anybody's wrestling heroes.

Don't discredit the huge popularity of Smoky Mountain Wrestling and early ECW among various neonazi groups.

Ironically, Ron runs a Christian music label.

I feel like somewhere someone asked about Rodman's thoughts

He is on Twitter defending Hulk - said Hogan "doesn't have racist bone in his body"

If Bubba's wife didn't have a racist bone in her body, Hogan wouldn't be in this mess.

You win.

I just heard Roddy Piper's response to all this, and he has reached the pinnacle of working because I can't tell if he was serious or just doing a crazy old Piper schtick on Rich Eisen's podcast.

There has to be a version of Poe's Law except for wrestlers. I can't tell the difference between what Piper actually says and what someone aping Piper just to be funny might write or say whatsoever. 

Part of me wonders if Foley said that about Hogan because Foley drops an "n-bomb" in his stand up act. I'm sure he won't after today, but he did. 

Also, this didn't sink Dog the Bounty Hunter, so I'm sure Hogan will pop up somewheres again...

To his credit, he didn't play the context card, didn't deny it and wasn't anything less than accountable.

Yes, it was an awful thing and he deserves no cookies for being accountable. However, it was a textbook example of what to do in this situation and he was advised very well.

The next part is going to be hard for him: He has to disappear for a while.

• Like 2

Part of me wonders if Foley said that about Hogan because Foley drops an "n-bomb" in his stand up act. I'm sure he won't after today, but he did. 

Also, this didn't sink Dog the Bounty Hunter, so I'm sure Hogan will pop up somewheres again...

Well.  What exactly constitutes "sinking" for a guy named "Dog the Bounty Hunter?"

• Like 1

I'm not even slightly surprised that Hogan is a racist as well as a narcissist and pathological liar.

I'm really not either...It's kind of a Donald Sterling thing where a guy has a history of being an asshole but suddenly he gets taped saying some racist shit and now everyone is like, "OOOOH"...I mean OK Sterling was a reprobate slumlord while Hogan was just your run-of-the-mill backstabbing self-aggrandizing social climber but you get the gist of what I'm sayin...

Sterling apologized, but no one remembers that because he turned around and blasted Magic in the same interview and claimed entrapment.

Also, he waited about two weeks before talking. In other words, he did everything you SHOULDN'T do.

Fuck Mick Foley too, with his "good guy who just made a bad mistake." Yeah, the bad mistake of hating black people for his whole life. I'm sure he'll just clean that up and fix it right now.

Actually, fuck everybody defending Hogan.

Yeah let's get back to watching and defending our wrestling heroes like Capt. Redneck Dick Murdoch and The Assassin and the Harris Brothers and...

Pretty sure the Harris Brothers aren't anybody's wrestling heroes.

Don't discredit the huge popularity of Smoky Mountain Wrestling and early ECW among various neonazi groups.

Ironically, Ron runs a Christian music label.

To tie that in with the other recent story, cornette always tells the story about a Klan member telling Smothers he had his back after DWB and Ron Wright burnt Smothers' rebel flag.

Sterling apologized, but no one remembers that because he turned around and blasted Magic in the same interview and claimed entrapment.

Also, he waited about two weeks before talking. In other words, he did everything you SHOULDN'T do.

Another tie between the two of them: Hogan got the Benoit treatment from WWE, while Sterling employed Benoit Benjamin at center for many years...

• Like 2

Piper ought to change his name from "Hot Rod", to gasoline, because, well, GOD DAMN. . . . . .As for Hogan, if he could still draw serious bank it wouldn't matter, sadly. He is what he is, and if he had a sense of humility or decency he would have retired years ago and not been in this situation at all, so fuck him. . . .

I just heard Roddy Piper's response to all this, and he has reached the pinnacle of working because I can't tell if he was serious or just doing a crazy old Piper schtick on Rich Eisen's podcast.

Well Piper was a part of this horrible promo...

And just look who's in the follow-up interview!

• Like 1

You know, Cosby was kinda close, but watching the daylong destruction of basically the icon of my childhood has been fascinating and surreal.

I'm not even slightly surprised that Hogan is a racist as well as a narcissist and pathological liar. But watching this happen is just... Wow.

I'm a little surprised.

Yeah, we all knew he was 100% a liar and narcissistic and all that, but he genuinely never struck me as nasty racist. Never have seemed to have that hatefullness in him. Seemed too affable. I always figured he'd only dislike anyone who didn't believe his lies and exaggerations and wasn't on board the Hulkamania bandwagon. 

We'll be getting a Flair for the Old segment on TE from Vince some week if he can convince Jericho to pretend to be Austin and we'll just have Titus O'Neill be the Pillman role for the hell of it.

CKtneHkVEAAkyQ1.png

You want to know why Brooke's career as a songwriter never worked out?

Exhibit A.

She has all the artistic skills of a moody pretentious 14 year old girl who attended one creative writing class and now thinks she's Sylvia Plath.