DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

I love the idea that the person who is probably going to benefit the most out of this is Flair.

If this leads to Flair getting the gig on Tough Enough then I demand that there be at least 1 instance where Flair gets pissed at one of the contestants, takes his jacket off and elbowdrops it.

I feel like somewhere someone asked about Rodman's thoughts

He is on Twitter defending Hulk - said Hogan "doesn't have racist bone in his body"

So Kim Jong-un's best friend is on Hogan's side, at least.

Fuck Mick Foley too, with his "good guy who just made a bad mistake." Yeah, the bad mistake of hating black people for his whole life. I'm sure he'll just clean that up and fix it right now.

Actually, fuck everybody defending Hogan. 

I feel like somewhere someone asked about Rodman's thoughts

He is on Twitter defending Hulk - said Hogan "doesn't have racist bone in his body"

He does have a point. I mean, let's not jump to conclusions here. Just because someone makes racist remarks and literally says "I am a racist" doesn't mean he's a racist.

• Like 6

Fuck Mick Foley too, with his "good guy who just made a bad mistake." Yeah, the bad mistake of hating black people for his whole life. I'm sure he'll just clean that up and fix it right now.

Yeah let's get back to watching and defending our wrestling heroes like Capt. Redneck Dick Murdoch and The Assassin and the Harris Brothers and... 

Maybe Rodman believes he had a bone transplant at some point from some sort of futuristic every ethnic group person. They do sort of resemble Hogan's skin tone...

Goobacks.jpg

Yeah let's get back to watching and defending our wrestling heroes like Capt. Redneck Dick Murdoch and The Assassin and the Harris Brothers and... 

"Who can be the most outraged" is what the internet is all about homie...

• Like 1

I want to believe that all this has something to do with Dusty Rhodes White-Soul-Brother Fatticus Finch (before the sequel) Interventionalist Ghost Karma. I promise I'll stop perpetuating the trope of nice white people having to save black people from mean white people tomorrow.

What does false equivalence have to do with this? I don't give a fuck about Murdoch or who the fuck ever. Attitudes like Foley's are the problem with this country. Someone says racist shit or shoots up a black church or chokes out a black dude unnecessarily, and people are right there to apologize. 

I also don't see people at this board defending Murdoch for being a Klan member. People can praise his work and not praise his whole "being a piece of human waste" thing outside of that. Praise Murdoch all you want for being an ace-level brawler. I assume (hope) that doesn't mean that you praise him for being a shitty person. I'll praise Hogan for his matches with Sgt. Slaughter in 1990 still even though he's a shitty person. There isn't any problematic inconsistency with that. 

I'm also sick of the use of terms like "manufactured outrage," which much like "race card," "feminazi," and "SJW" are all terms that people use to shut down discussion that is uncomfortable to them. If being tired of people rushing to apologize for racists is manufactured outrage, then I guess pretty much all outrage is manufactured on some level. 

• Like 7

So were The Rock comments real?

Supposedly, Hogan calling Rock racial slurs will be in one of the later audio tapes released.  It sounds like today's sound bite could just be the tip of the iceberg.

That story's fake. Bix has also pointed on on WOLive that this story was actually reported years ago on Philly.com. But there wasn't a released written transcript until now.

What does false equivalence have to do with this? I don't give a fuck about Murdoch or who the fuck ever. Attitudes like Foley's are the problem with this country. Someone says racist shit or shoots up a black church or chokes out a black dude unnecessarily, and people are right there to apologize. 

I also don't see people at this board defending Murdoch for being a Klan member. People can praise his work and not praise his whole "being a piece of human waste" thing outside of that. Praise Murdoch all you want for being an ace-level brawler. I assume (hope) that doesn't mean that you praise him for being a shitty person. I'll praise Hogan for his matches with Sgt. Slaughter in 1990 still even though he's a shitty person. There isn't any problematic inconsistency with that. 

I'm also sick of the use of terms like "manufactured outrage," which much like "race card," "feminazi," and "SJW" are all terms that people use to shut down discussion that is uncomfortable to them. If being tired of people rushing to apologize for racists is manufactured outrage, then I guess pretty much all outrage is manufactured on some level. 

You seem upset. LULZ

Relax guy...save the social commentary for facebook.  I just thought it was funny that we're dogging Hogan while I'm sure there's ton of other wrestlers who have said worse.  Don't make it into something that it's not.

I'm not on Facebook. I try not to spend time on sites where dipshits troll by saying stupid shit for LULZ. 

EDIT: Got my likes back for today! Going to work on this thread. Meme heaven up in here. 

• Like 1

You know, Cosby was kinda close, but watching the daylong destruction of basically the icon of my childhood has been fascinating and surreal.

I'm not even slightly surprised that Hogan is a racist as well as a narcissist and pathological liar. But watching this happen is just... Wow.

Pretty sure the Harris Brothers aren't anybody's wrestling heroes.

• Like 2

Man, I have no sensibilities that can be offended. And this thread is still fun. You didn't see what Niners posted?

I'm just looking forward to what else comes out of these tapes because I feel like this thread is going to have long, entertaining legs. 

Pretty sure the Harris Brothers aren't anybody's wrestling heroes.

Vince Russo's, maybe.