DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

Will be interesting to ses how they handle the tour of Australia.

ALL of the markerting down here has been about how this is Hogan's "first time" Down Under *cough* so everyone should come and see him act as the special guest General Manager for the tour.

He's done interviews on all the major radio networks and TV stations to promote it and WWE never gets this kind of hype. Usually just the spots during RAW/SD

This time though it's all been Hogan (and Jimmy Hart) pumping up the shows and it has been getting more mainstream traction because of the nostalgia factor. They even gave him a prime time interview during the AFL coverage and that NEVER happens with WWE.

If Hogan is gone then there are plenty of people who are going to be pissed they arent getting to see him. Not everyone is on boards like this so all thise casual fans thinking "Hey lets go see the Hulkster" arent going to find out until the night of the show in 2 weeks.

From what I hear, it was specific slurs referring to the Rock of all people. Among said slurs were the N-word and "Sambo". Stick a fork in the orange goblin, he's done. Expect a burial of Benoit-like proportions. I don't know how the hell you erase Hogan from WWE history, but I have a feeling that they're really going to give it a try. Bad enough he said it all about anyone, but to attack the one guy who has become bigger than WWE is just so monumentally stupid that I would consider the possibility that he was coked up out of his mind. Hogan's far too media savvy as to think that he could get away with that shit in this day and age. He had to have been fucked up.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/07/24/wwe-erases-hulk-hogan-mentions-from-web-site/?tid=sm_tw

That is the Wash Post referencing the CNN story which references the Rock story.

What is funny is that the WWE removing the references probably made this story blowup quicker than it probably would have normally

And here is the Gawker story

http://gawker.com/wwe-erases-hulk-hogan-from-website-after-reports-of-rac-1719933145

In that story the claim is stated (though it appears to be Media Take Out making the claim) that the video came out because of the Gawker Lawsuit

The tape was discovered during the GAWKER LAWSUIT - it was from a legal deposition and was sold to the National Enquirer.

I do trust Marc Lamont Hill. And I'm not saying that sarcastically, he's great.

I am laughing because that "he's great" totally makes me think you are being sarcastic

I do trust Marc Lamont Hill. And I'm not saying that sarcastically, he's great.

I am laughing because that "he's great" totally makes me think you are being sarcastic

Haha. Well because he's a leftist and I'm obviously not, I could see why someone might think I was being sarcastic. But no, Lamont Hill is an intellectually honest guy.

I would hate to think that the thing that ruins Hogan's career is because Bubba the Love Sponge wanted to jack off watching his wife get banged out by Hogan

Well if that story above is the reason then yeah he is in big trouble.  Still don't know if it is worth getting the Benoit treatment but fired from Tough Enough oh yeah

Well since it appears that the WWE has sent out a release confirming that is has terminated it's contract with Hogan - one would think they wouldn't do that without confirming lest opening themselves up to their own lawsuit

Jonathan Snowden ‏@JESnowden  8m8 minutes ago

From @WWE: "WWE terminated its contract w/ Hulk Hogan. WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds..."

Might as well make this a separate thread since clearly this will have legs for a little bit.

I am going to move posts over so don't be surprised if things are shuttling around