DVDVR Message Board

DEATH VALLEY DRIVERETTE 07222015! IF U DNT LK OKABAYSHI, RLLY GO FK YRSLF

DEAN

DEATH VALLEY DRIVERETTE 07222015

More EXPLORATION! And the new Okabayashi match.

~!~

SINGLES GOING STEADY

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIASUKE SEKIMOTO vs YUJI OKABAYASHI- BIG JAPAN PRO WRESTLING- 7/20/2015-[RASMUSSEN] This is for the Big Japan Strong Style Title held by Sekimoto.  I used to hate Sekimoto and then, over time,  he got beaten into my heart, mostly by Kohei Sato.  Okabayashi is my current favorite wrestler.  I like his intensity.  I like the intensity of everything in Big Japan that isn’t their shitty death match division.  It’s strange.  It’s like liking McDonald’s for the salads, or liking Burger King for the salads.  Or liking Wendy’s for the salads.  Let’s enjoy the best salad Big Japan can toss at us.  Salads!   They start the Strong Style belt match by doing the strong style test of shoulder blocks and THERE IS ALREADY BLOOD?  Fuck.  And. Yes.   Actually, reviewing it, it’s hardway from the LOCK-UP.  That bodes well for DEAN’s enjoyment of a wrestling match.  They ram into each other and call each other pussies and then Sekimoto bowls him over for two and blood is smearing on Okabayashi’s chest as they take it to the floor.  Okabayashi FUCKING fucking MOTHERFUCKING CRUSHES Sekimoto’s chest with a chop.  I dunno, I can’t explain why I love this style of wrestling so much yet I have no patience for MMA.   Actually, I was smartened up about wrestling when I was 6 and was never into boxing as much I got into wrestling- so I think is a correlation- because boxing in 1973 was the greatest boxing that boxing will ever be- Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Jimmy Young, Shavers, those white guys whose names elude me right now.   So if I took Blackjack and Wahoo over Ali and Frazier- both sports of which were on TV back then- there has to be a reason why I like wrestlers who lay it in over fighters who actually punch each other in the stomachs.  My theory is that I am a a romantic and I love art.  MMA is a sport.  Wrestling is an art.  People who look for fulfillment in sports are weirdos and losers (unless it’s the CFL- and then it truly is inspiring feats by heroes of the grid-iron. Mike Pringle was Ullysses!  Rakeem Cato is a Christ-like figure.).  But art, even wrestling- the lowest, most fucked-up of the arts, is supposed to expose and enrich the human spirit.  So wrestling wins, fuck you, everything else.  Okabayashi bodyslams Sekimoto to the floor and then hits a very fat fatboy Piscado and the beating through chops are exchanged into the crowd.  Sekimoto goes on offense and he is intense while Okabayashi leans into the posting.  They try some stuff but don’t actually execute it well at all.  That’ll cost you a star.  Prolly.  They cover it up by beating on each other so the STAR IS REGAINED!  Sekimoto brings totally fat ass forearms to Kobatashi’s gigantic skull and I really like it when you watch the Big Japan Strong Style Division and they really start fucking laying it in.  They do that at this point.  Sekimoto hits a brainbuster to procure the Eudylike Chinlock and they fight in and out of that for a little while to MORPH into them beating the hell out of each other again to set up a headlock.  Okabayashi Backdrop Drivers out and I assume he will procure a Mister Fuji nerve pinch to set up a Released Toprope Death Valley Bomb.  But I am wrong- they en lieu elbow each other in the face while on their knees to get to chopping each other on their feet to Sekimoto running into the ropes to accept a manly powerslam by Okabayashi to allow Okabayashi to procure the Octopus Hold.  I love the backwards psychology of using highly visual power moves to set up very static submission holds.  It’s like the 70s style in reverse.   Sekimoto hits the ropes to allow Okabayashi to murder him with chops.  Sekimoto fires back with his own murderous chops and a dropkick and corner lariat to probably set up an Airplane Spin.  But no.  Argentenian Backbreaker- which predates the Airplane Spin.  Okabayashi muscles out and transitions through a sleeper into his own Argentenian Backbreaker- as the Argentenian Backbreaker is to Big Japan Strong Style what the Western Lariat is to the King’s Road Style.  I dig little things like that.   Sekimoto mirrors Okabayashi's escape from the backbreaker but settles in for a Sleeper as the mirror is augmented and distorted to make the psychology more lush and vibrant.  Okabayashi cures all this girly shit by fucking KILLING Sekimoto with a running powerbomb into the turnbuckle.  Okabayashi hits he fucking Deadlift Brainbuster that is soooooo fucking MANLY.  And keeping with the story of the match, these visually stunning spots lead up to a static submission- a Boston Crab.  Sekimoto makes the ropes and collapses in a heap to allow Okabayashi to gos up for the frog splash and they battle at the top-  with Okabayashi winning the struggle and hitting a really great Bucket Of Fried Chicken Fatman Missile Dropkick!  That move I haven't seen from our boy Okabayashi.  Sekimoto powers out of the tombstone so they can crush each other with lariats and German suplexes.    Okabayshi hits the Shotgun Lariat but is too SPENT to make the cover.  I await the Stump-puller.  Instead, they go back to beating the hell out of each other.  I and the audience assume this is now going Broadway as Sekimoto hits a fucking beautiful lariat to set-up his deadly EVEREST SUPLEX but Okabayashi fights out of it before getting kicked in the head and then taking it.  For 2, this is Broadway!  I can feel it! Except I read the results on Cagematch before I watched so I have to suspend my disbelief!   Sekimoto hits a really nasty lariat and it looks like it's over but the chopping- but Okabayashi fights out of another EVEREST and hits a few chops and lands a SKULL CRUSHING lariat for two.  Okabayashi ascends the turnbuckle and hits his finisher, the frog splash for the WIN! Butbutbutbut WTF?  Sekimoto kicks out!  That's the finisher you don't kick out of!  Unless....  Total Broadway? Not now.  They've given Sekimoto the kick out of the Okabayshi Finisher. That can only mean: Okabayashi hoists Sekimoto up and just fucking VADERS Sekimoto with a powerbomb.  For the win! For the belt!  Fuck yes!  This is the year of Yuji Okabayashi!  So this is also MY year as a wrestling fan.  And that's what's important. To me.  It's a great match and A strange match and it Is not like other Big Japan Strong Style matches.  The psychology of the match was giant moves to set up static moves.  I feel like this would have a perfect match if the powerbomb set up a Indian Deathlock or a Sharpshooter.  But maybe that idea is for the rematch.  I'll take this everyday and twice on Sundays.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yu62u_daisuke-sekimoto-vs-yuji-okabayashi-on-7-20-15_sport

More Later tonight!  YEP!

• Like 6

That match was fucking fantastic. Two enormous mounds of muscle and flesh pounding at each other like they're trying to make a cutlet out of the other. Simple movesets, nothing too absurd (the pescada from Oka looked like someone threw an engine block off a bridge at a car though); the whole vibe of BJW Strong Style is the emphasis on the Strong, just rock solid selling and heavy hitting unlike New Japan where it's just heavy hitting and no-selling. The whole 'backwards' psychology you talked about makes sense to me because it's just two big big dudes throwing everything they got into everything they do -- why would a massive German not do as much damage as a guy that big wrenching down on an abdominal stretch? The key to it all is they sell it, maybe not as much to be perfect, but nothing ever is. I'd like to see Cesaro vs. Okayabashi honestly. 

• Like 1