DVDVR Message Board

The Muppets TV Show

Dolfan in NYC

My only problem with this week's episode was that the resolution came too easily.  Kermit only had to spend about two minutes to figure out a solution.  Seemed like they spent too much of the episode with everyone loving partying with Piggy that there wasn't enough time this week for Kermit to figure out a way to fix it, like the Josh Groban episode.

Besides that, I find the show pretty charming.  I'm not confident it will get renewed, but some of the extreme reactions against this show are really misplaced.  This isn't exactly Michael Bay's The Muppets here.

• Like 1

My only problem with this week's episode was that the resolution came too easily.  Kermit only had to spend about two minutes to figure out a solution.  Seemed like they spent too much of the episode with everyone loving partying with Piggy that there wasn't enough time this week for Kermit to figure out a way to fix it, like the Josh Groban episode.

Besides that, I find the show pretty charming.  I'm not confident it will get renewed, but some of the extreme reactions against this show are really misplaced.  This isn't exactly Michael Bay's The Muppets here.

Not enough in the budget for all those explosions.

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope the show continues because I think it's definitely coming into its own.  This week's episode was fantastic.  I think people calling the show cynical are really just mis-reading it.

Some great lines this week.  Including the Sean Penn gag, and "It's always been Witherspoon."  They actually continued Fozzie's relationship, which I liked.  I think this dynamic works.  Kermit as the long-suffering producer, Piggy as the egomaniac superstar and host of the show, and Kermit has to try and figure out how to manage and repair her crises. 

Once again, this is better than most of the new shows this season and a lot of the overrated darling shows on TV.  Definitely better than Fear the Walking Dead.

I love Uncle Deadly in this show as Miss Piggy's handler basically.  His thing about "one leisurely pump of caramel" was comedy gold.

"That was just a decoy grudge. It's always been Witherspoon. Always."

"Slow your pump young man. Slooow."

I officially love the show now.

• Like 2

Make it Gonzo dating The Cooch, then. We know the 'Zo is playing the field, we saw him trying to pick up a girl in one episode already. He seems a more natural fit for Kate anyway, they're both just so damn weird and childlike.

Ron Sawnson's 1st two wives has the same first name.

Thank you, I'm now losing my shit at the picture of Gonzo having the time of his life with a shit eatin' grin flipping pancakes at a Breakfast Buffet in a strip club.  

16 episodes instead of 22.  Which is fine.  I think 22 is too long for one season anyway.  

I just want the show to get a second season. 

Time for haters to let go of their garbage shitshows and start liking the best new show this season.

Time for haters to let go of their garbage shitshows and start liking the best new show this season.

Yes, absolutely! Everyone, stop watching the first hour of Raw and switch over to the pure genius which is Crazy Ex-Girlfriend! ...and oh yeah, The Muppets is pretty cool too.
  • Like 2