DVDVR Message Board

The Muppets TV Show

Dolfan in NYC

• 2 months later...

Unsurprisingly show was officially cancelled.  So my prediction of the show lasting about six episodes was only off by about 10 episodes.  

Sometimes I think people like the idea of the Muppets and Muppets nostalgia more than they are actually fans of the Muppets and actually want to watch a show about them.  

• Like 1

They were itching for a reason to dislike it because it wasn't The Muppet Show, even though ABC tried a re-do of The Muppet Show earlier and it flopped.

I still don't get all this "cynical, mean Kermit" stuff - he was a showrunner, and he had to occasionally manipulate his diva star to get things going. It was his job. I dunno why people couldn't handle Kermit as Liz Lemon in a Muppet 30 Rock. I adored this show and am horribly sad to see it go and hope it doesn't scuttle the occasional Muppet movie.

• Like 4

I wanted something I could watch with my kids like the Muppet Show or movies, which worked on multiple levels. This didn't.

it also started out rough and got better which is enough to doom something in today's environment. I also strongly dislike 30 Rock so I'm consistent at least.

4 hours ago, jstout said:

They were itching for a reason to dislike it because it wasn't The Muppet Show, even though ABC tried a re-do of The Muppet Show earlier and it flopped.

I still don't get all this "cynical, mean Kermit" stuff - he was a showrunner, and he had to occasionally manipulate his diva star to get things going. It was his job. I dunno why people couldn't handle Kermit as Liz Lemon in a Muppet 30 Rock. I adored this show and am horribly sad to see it go and hope it doesn't scuttle the occasional Muppet movie.

I maintain it was just millennial blogger bullshit.  Kermit was never cynical.

• Like 1

I loved both the new movies, but they probably got a lot of nostalgia slack from me. I thought the second one was really good in comparison to the bad reviews. It's mindless fun. People expect too much out of their TV and movies sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...