DVDVR Message Board

The Muppets TV Show

Dolfan in NYC

One Million Moms is officially boycotting the new Muppets show.  

http://www.dailydot.com/entertainment/one-million-moms-muppets-petition/

The mature version of “The Muppets” will cover a range of topics from sex to drugs. Miss Piggy came out as a pro-choice feminist during an MSNBC interview. The puppet characters loved by kids in the 1970s and 1980s and beyond are now weighing in on abortion and promiscuity.

ABC hopes children watch the show and predict they would enjoy some of the humor, but 1MM would disagree. It is not the show it once was. ABC has ruined "The Muppets."

The show premieres tonight at 8!

As much as I tend to disagree with these type of groups in general, they have a point. You can make the muppets as "modern" as you want, but there was no need to get political. The muppets, of all things, should be an all inclusive family show. . .

• Like 1

One Million Moms is officially boycotting the new Muppets show.

http://www.dailydot.com/entertainment/one-million-moms-muppets-petition/

The mature version of “The Muppets” will cover a range of topics from sex to drugs. Miss Piggy came out as a pro-choice feminist during an MSNBC interview. The puppet characters loved by kids in the 1970s and 1980s and beyond are now weighing in on abortion and promiscuity.

ABC hopes children watch the show and predict they would enjoy some of the humor, but 1MM would disagree. It is not the show it once was. ABC has ruined "The Muppets."

The show premieres tonight at 8!

As much as I tend to disagree with these type of groups in general, they have a point. You can make the muppets as "modern" as you want, but there was no need to get political. The muppets, of all things, should be an all inclusive family show. . .

Have you not gone back and watched old Muppet Show episodes as an adult?

• Like 3

Yeah, there was a ton of subtext, a ton.

It was clever, in part because it was subtext.

From the previews, this is really in your face, and thus a heck of a lot less clever. 

It's the difference between indirectly having these elements in a performance based muppet show and directly making the show about these elements. Huge difference.

• Like 1

Everything with the band was great. Zoot thinking the production meeting was AA (I guess NA is probably more likely) killed me. Imagine Dragons should know better than to invite Animal on the road, those guys would be dead in a week.

Enjoyed the show, wasn't crazy hilarious or anything, but I'll stick with it. Second the love of Garfunkel and/or Oates showing up as Fozzy's girlfriend.

• Like 1

I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would. The gags were good. I'd say that the gags were good at times and everything else wasn't so good. The A story, the B story, and the C story. 

We've just lost musical numbers and skits for situation comedy as the bridge between said gags, which is a shame.

• Like 1