DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 7-20-15

MGFanJay

I really would like to see Rollins recruit the only man who can stop Brock Lesnar's rampage to protect him from Cena.  I'm talking of course about Xavier Woods.  All kidding aside, Rollins hiring New Day to be his protection because they embrace the positive just like him would be great TV and make for a good week or so of 4 on 1 beatdowns before the Primetime Players make the save for Cena.  Then you run a couple weeks of 3 on 3 matches, then 3 on 4, finally 4 on 4 (Cena can bring in someone like Cesaro, or Ryback or someone to even the odds, then at Summerslam you have PTP-New Day 2/3 falls or something, and Cena-Rollins in a cage (to prevent interference, of course ;)).

• Like 3

Physical attractiveness(or at least the perception of such) will always be a factor in any aspect of show business.  I'm definitely guilty of it as a fan; I liked Kelly Kelly long after it became apparent that she wasn't going to progress beyond a certain point.

Morelock gonna Morelock

Yes, and Craig gonna Craig. Why do you think that John Cena should take control of the creative process in WWE? Isn't that what everyone traditionally hates on Triple H, Hogan, Nash, Shawn, and so on for? Why do you feel that it's his responsibility to do that?

We already know that Cena has had say in direction in the past and given other reports that leak every now and then, it continues to happen. In addition, if he's at all interested in the future viability of the company, like he says he is, then it is his responsibility to actually be an advocate for a better direction for storylines since he has Vince's ear more than most people do. This isn't me saying that Cena is overtly holding down wrestlers, but he is at least indirectly responsible for the creation of a glass ceiling and he can also be the guy to shatter it for others.

The inability of some posters to comment on the women's matches without mentioning how attractive they look is reductive at best. "Sasha is the best wrestler in the company, and is REALLY HOT" is still doing it wrong. And it does implicitly support that hierarchy that the Divas will never be more than eye candy. The entire "revolution" is based on the notion that there have been women called up to the main roster that can prove that the women are more than just models. Not being able to recognize their ability without adding that they're good looking is absolutely sexist. And your hyper-defensiveness about it isn't a good look - all I said was "They wrestle too" and of course that was enough to draw people that use the term "social justice warrior" out of their parents' basement and into this thread. Your belief that it is "basically fucking stupid" says a lot more about you than it does about the very real issue.

Wait, you can't admire the looks of a woman wrestler, who purposefully dresses in a provocative and titillating way, while also admiring their performance in the ring? What kind of bullshit is that? Not only that, but do you really not think that none of us recognize that the Divas, or whatever you want to call them, "wrestle too?" How many times in NXT or Raw or PPV threads do people heap praise on Nikki, Sasha, Tamina, Becky Lynch, etc.? It's abundantly clear they're appreciated for their performance in the ring more than their looks. If it wasn't for their skilled performance in the ring, no one would give a shit about the Divas and they would continue to be fast forward or snack break material, as they were in the past when they put on the worst matches on the show. Nearly everyone recognizes that times have changed and the level of skill for Divas has been elevated to the point where they sometimes put on the best matches on the show. So please explain to me why someone on here could also not say how pretty a Diva is?

WW(W)F(E) has ALWAYS been based on a business model that feeds heels to it's top babyfaces. I guess I can't help myself when I read the latest name in the "Why didn't ___ go over Cena??" roulette from imagining a whole bunch of "Why didn't Ivan Koloff/Ernie Ladd/Superstar Graham/Ken Patera go over Bruno Sammartino/Bob Backlund???" posts in their place.

Who HASN'T been complained about as a Cena opponent who should have gone over and beat Cena? People were saying this all the way back into the Umaga days.

There were over a two dozen people on Raw this past Monday who I want to fuck. The reasons only known to me.

But since I am closing the thread - the MYSTERY REMAINS~!