DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 7-20-15

MGFanJay

Sasha's easy on the eyes in my book, but it helps her cause that Eddy's her favorite wrestler(#cheattowin), that she's into comic books and stuff, and that she tweets things like "Tiger Mask vs. Dynamite Kid = perfection".

Morelock gonna Morelock

Yes, and Craig gonna Craig. Why do you think that John Cena should take control of the creative process in WWE? Isn't that what everyone traditionally hates on Triple H, Hogan, Nash, Shawn, and so on for? Why do you feel that it's his responsibility to do that?

Yes, I do base my level of fandom for female wrestlers on the dork stuff they like in real life(which explains the A.J. thing).

I exchanged math puns with Nicole Matthews on Twitter the other day.   :D

Really, all I want is just one hour alone with Becky. Maybe a bottle of wine and some nice music. Something to really get her guard down. So that I can gently but forcefully explain to her why Tiger Mask vs. Dynamite Kid sucks.

• Like 7

They also wrestle.

Was I not clear on that when I said Sasha ripped it and she looked real good out there?

You said something about how attractive she was, so obviously you don't care about or respect her work, you sexist pig. How dare you verbalize that you think someone is pretty? FOR SHAAAAAAAME.

Everyone in Divas division needs to get masks ASAP. It's the only way to stop the micro-aggressions.

#SJW

This place needs to get a goddamn grip on it's casual sexism. It's not a joke.

And just to keep this on topic, aside from the US Title, how else does Rollins get heat on Cena with Kane out?

In no way did Niners commenting that the women on that team are attractive promote damaging stereotypes or explicitly or implicitly support a hierarchy that treats women as less than equal. This idea that someone commenting on another person's looks is, in this context, sexist in nature is basically fucking stupid. No amount of shaming people who verbalize their physical attraction to women is going to stop them from noticing the looks of women in a positive manner, nor does it indicate that Niners is a supporter of placing women in a box where attractiveness is their sole or leading character trait. I'm not opposed to the idea that there are attitudes presented here (or anywhere else) that are indicative of a mindset that supports sexist power structures in some way, but the idea that Niners was doing so in this case is grasping at straws. Holy fuck, people. 

To answer your question about Rollins, I think it's BOUNTY time! Rollins has made a point of talking about how much money he makes. He should offer a prize of a million dollars to the person who puts Cena out of wrestling sports entertaining. 

• Like 1

The inability of some posters to comment on the women's matches without mentioning how attractive they look is reductive at best. "Sasha is the best wrestler in the company, and is REALLY HOT" is still doing it wrong. And it does implicitly support that hierarchy that the Divas will never be more than eye candy. The entire "revolution" is based on the notion that there have been women called up to the main roster that can prove that the women are more than just models. Not being able to recognize their ability without adding that they're good looking is absolutely sexist. And your hyper-defensiveness about it isn't a good look - all I said was "They wrestle too" and of course that was enough to draw people that use the term "social justice warrior" out of their parents' basement and into this thread. Your belief that it is "basically fucking stupid" says a lot more about you than it does about the very real issue.

• Like 1

I'm not hyper-defensive. Seems like projection. I just think that your position doesn't pass muster and is essentially fishing for a link between someone voicing physical attraction and someone thinking that the Divas are primarily worth only something nice to look at for male viewers. You're missing a lot of links in that chain.

It could be that many of us are closet sexists, but more likely, you're just incredibly tiresome with your pedantic posts. 

• Like 2

I'm not hyper-defensive. Seems like projection. I just think that your position doesn't pass muster and is essentially fishing for a link between someone voicing physical attraction and someone thinking that the Divas are primarily worth only something nice to look at for male viewers. You're missing a lot of links in that chain.

It could be that many of us are closet sexists, but more likely, you're just incredibly tiresome with your pedantic posts. 

I'm sorry you feel that way. Since you seem to be acquainted with covering your eyes and pretending things don't exist, the ignore function should serve you well.

Yes, of course, because I don't believe that your claims to casual sexism are true in this case, I must ignore casual sexism in general. If I'm not with you on this point, I must be against you. 

I'll keep you off ignore because I'm amused by your fallacy-ridden posts. I'll just make sure to avoid getting sucked down the black hole that is conversation with you in future. 

Now, as I was saying...BOUNTY! They can turn Show and Mark Henry heel again for a week as they try to collect it. 

• Like 2

"Why not more Randy Orton?"

Because Fuck Randy Orton.

I've been loving Orton's face work this time. He's clearly having fun and comfortable with it, unlike the shitty face run from a few years ago. Orton has totally been coming off as cool and chill lately.