DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 7-20-15

MGFanJay

We never got a finish to Brock vs Reigns at Mania. I don't even think that match needs the belt just have Roman come out and say he has to know if he can beat Lesnar. Also Rollins/Reigns/Lesnar triple threat makes a ton of sense based on how Mania went down.

• Like 1

They also wrestle.

Was I not clear on that when I said Sasha ripped it and she looked real good out there?

You said something about how attractive she was, so obviously you don't care about or respect her work, you sexist pig. How dare you verbalize that you think someone is pretty? FOR SHAAAAAAAME.

EDIT: True about New Day. The only bummer is that Big E is being wasted because I truly believe that she should at least be in the upper-midcard and circulating around the gold. Can talk, can work at a high level, has personality. 

• Like 1

When Xavier Woods was in TNA, a few people on here had a talking point about how if you want to be doing an Apollo Creed gimmick, you can't be a my move- your move guy (which he kind of was at the time), you have to be a constantly shit talking braggart, who never, ever shuts up. He seems to have taken that advice now.

When the New Day gimmick started, it was kind of not really there yet - like they didn't know what the act was, so they didn't know what to do to sell it. Whereas now the gimmick has evolved away from whatever it was supposed to be, and they've had time to get to learn how to work together, suddenly they're awesome. And we'd not really seen anything like as entertaining as their new stuff out of any of them in their careers (prior to this).

We never got a finish to Brock vs Reigns at Mania. I don't even think that match needs the belt just have Roman come out and say he has to know if he can beat Lesnar. Also Rollins/Reigns/Lesnar triple threat makes a ton of sense based on how Mania went down.

True, but they've moved off from that at the moment--no realistic way to get to it for a few months.  Maybe at WM or SummerSlam 2016.

I can see why WWE would want to run Brock/Taker II from a buyrate standard, but I find it really hard to buy Taker as a threat to Brock and even more so as someone how can go toe to toe with him. I would have much rather seen an angle where Taker was a crazy old man who knows Brock is bigger, stronger, faster, but has just gone completely fuckin psycho and just does crazy shit to fuck with Brock. The "he still the biggest dog in the yard" shit just can't work after Brock broke the streak. Especially since he looks ever older than he did in the Bray Wyatt match.

This is probably the worst summer angle the WWE has run in the past few years IMO. I mean, after Extreme Rules/MITB the company looked like it had so much momentum but now it's all just shot to hell. It's like Vince was in a coma for a while and then just woke up a few weeks ago.

"Why is this fat guy feuding with and BEATING John Cena?"

"Why is Sandman 2.0 Dean Ambrose main eventing PPVs?"

"Why not more Randy Orton?"

"Why are we actually trying to make Seth Rollins at least look semi-credible?"

"Why isn't Bray in the main event?"

"Why is Cena elevating youngsters with the US title instead of going for World Title?"

Right now I'd rather if they'd just send at the young guys back to NXT and book WWE on some Hogan TNA shit. Anyone under 35 need not apply. The actual talent is just going back to being wasted now.

"Real". Are you hinting at a Kurt Angle acceptance? Seriously, it is the most real possibility. Nobody is beating Cena unless he gets screwed.

God. I don't care that he's 45, crazy, and reeks of TNA stench. If Cena is out there and the opening bit of "Medal" hits, I'm jizzing my pants. Proudly.

• Like 6

I think Marcus Louie as a Wyatt would be awesome. Just throw him in some dirty street clothes and let him do his silent film monster thing he's been doing.

Lately Louis has just struck me as a potential Kane intern.

• Like 1

Also, I went to Youtube and watched the brawl. Truth and Woods ("Make a wall!") were killing it. Everybody did their best to make a really shitty idea look really awesome. Brock turning the table over just because he's Brock and has to cause collateral damage was perfect. I guess I'm in the middle on this; I work Mondays now so anything that makes me go to Youtube to watch it because y'all are arguing about it kind of removes any teeth I have in the argument.

Really liked a lot of the show as well. Most especially Lesnar/Taker and the divas which all had excitement to it. Battleground ending left feeling with uncertainty but the pull apart brawl had me completely sold on wanting to see Lesnar/Taker again, that was awesome. Fantastic brawl and build. Enjoyed Taker's promo too, wouldn't mind seeing him stick around a bit longer to do more with "The True Resurrection of the Undertaker." Thought Charlotte, Becky, and of course especially Sasha all looked great. Surprised to see Sasha make Paige tapout but that was really good stuff. Reigns/Harper ruled it. Main event was fun, loved Cena & Orton's reactions to the opponents walking out.

They also wrestle.

Was I not clear on that when I said Sasha ripped it and she looked real good out there?

You said something about how attractive she was, so obviously you don't care about or respect her work, you sexist pig. How dare you verbalize that you think someone is pretty? FOR SHAAAAAAAME.

Niners: Since you followed "she looked real good out there" with a comment about her appearance, no, you weren't clear.

Smelly: Yes, it is shameful that there aren't enough posters that can post about women's wrestling without remarking about how attractive the women are, especially since this occurred immediately following MGFanJay mocking the "divas revolution" with his creepy ass screenshots.

What if that crazy old motherfucker Vince woke up in the middle of the night and jotted something down indecipherable then the next day deduced that his brilliant epiphany was "Brock Lesnar= the 2 in 22-2!!!!!!!!"? Now that's scary; Undertaker getting back his win at Summerslam to set up some preposterous rubber match wankery at WrestleMania. I mean nobody in their right mind thought milking that trilogy out of Brock/Triple H was anything other than a total waste of Brock but they went right ahead and did it. I'm not saying it's likely; just that you can't put anything past these dunderheads.

As of right now, my personal guess for the WM main event is Reigns/Lesnar II finally getting settled a year later with Lesnar being the challenger because WWE does lurve them some WrestleMania rematches after all. Which is why Cena ending Rollins' reign at Summerslam is a mere formality; so he can have a solid reign until putting over Reigns at Survivor Series; at which point Sheamus cashes in MITB and gets to devalue the title until the Royal Rumble.

They also wrestle.

Everyone in Divas division needs to get masks ASAP. It's the only way to stop the micro-aggressions.

• Like 1

Naomi's promos are usually pretty hot these days.  Team BAD are the chicks riding around in a kitted-out Jeep swinging pipes at any poor sucker who gets in their way.  They're fantastic.

Yeah, Naomi has been cutting good heel promos since her turn. And her in-ring style has benefited as well. BAD come off as the cool chicks in this feud. 

They also wrestle.

Everyone in Divas division needs to get masks ASAP. It's the only way to stop the micro-aggressions.

#SJW

(EDIT: This was meant to be in jest and may have been misinterpreted, so I apologize.)