DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 7-20-15

MGFanJay

The Brock-Taker stuff dominated the show and with good reason - they did A TON. Taker was more active here than he's been in a decade on Raw, and it really made the Summerslam match seem like a legendary encounter. Such a shame this great stuff wasn't on the go-home show though, because I doubt they can top it. Of course, we got WOMEN'S WRESTLING REVOLUTION LEADER STEPHANIE and HHH all over the show. Charlotte vs. Brie was a nothing match, but Sasha shined on commentary. The Team Bad vs. Paiage/Lynch match was far better - but hurt by the commentary. Seth and Cena was set up for Summerslam fairly poorly, but Rusev's babyface turn continued nicely with tonight's 1-on-3 loss in the main event.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/07/wwe-raw-7-20-15.html

Screens -
db4d0a423248988.jpg

959cdd423249026.jpg

b4c279423249029.jpg

bc74be423249190.jpg

Divas revolution
fa038c423249333.jpg

cde395423258691.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/45o84mcj7cejomku71xnubey23o7cb8h

As far as "too bad this wasn't on the go home show" I almost don't expect to see Brock or Taker again before SummerSlam. And I expect everyone to shit on it but I really like Summer Rae as fake Lana.

This was a pretty good show. The Undertaker and Lesnar stuff was awesome.  Simple but effective. Lesnar's agility is frightening. I loved R-Truth in the back being the voice of reason. 

NXT women got another showcase and Sasha fucking ripped it.  She looked real good. I love the team of her and Naomi also. Maybe the prettiest women's team ever.

The ending was cool.  I don't get tired of Cena and Orton parading around like Hogan and Macho and Cesaro being in the mix is cool. 

Also, Rusev is the funniest dude on the roster.

tumblr_nrth83drLp1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Oh also I am disappointed at how the Brock Lesnar rampage ended. You just let the fake cops surround you and put zip-ties on you? They didn't even pull out their guns! What the hell did he go and visit Mr. Saito for if he wasn't going to learn anything from him.

• Like 6

This was a pretty good show. The Undertaker and Lesnar stuff was awesome.  Simple but effective. Lesnar's agility is frightening. I loved R-Truth in the back being the voice of reason. 

R-Truth trying to be Brock's anger management counselor was hilarious.

• Like 1

Yeah, I know this board loves Lana - as do I - but Summer might do the Lana thing better than Lana does. There are advantages to being tall and 2/3 legs.

Really good episode. I'm not a fan of pull aparts because they usually look fake as hell but that was the best pull apart they've done since Tyson-Austin.

• Like 1

Rusev was so damn awesome in that backstage skit then he courageously fights against 1 on 3 odds. From what I saw this was a pretty fun show(minus Titus getting pinned off a f'n distraction for the billionth time in WWE this year. Cesaro looked like he belonged in the main event scene. Nice to see Becky in action, and the tag match was good while Charlotte/Brie was inoffensive(which I'd consider a success).

I don't know where that Cena/Rollins stuff is going, but I'm afraid to ask. Wyatts/ Ambrose and Reigns stuff was good and the faces got a nice reaction for clearing house.

That Brock/Taker pullapart was something else.  Those sorts of things are generally pretty generic, but they kept going and going and the whole thing seemed like an actual big deal.

So Cena has been doing a pretty good job getting the US belt over and the open challenge has been providing plenty of solid matches, so of course he needs be inserted into the world title picture. 

Of course the entrances to the six man lasted longer than the match itself.  So Cesaro is a face now?

Does Brie even have a finish?  I honestly can't remember but then again I rarely pay attention to her matches.  The women's tag match was pretty good though.

Raw was the hotness tonight.

We're all sleeping on that really good Reigns/Harper match and the really good post-match brawl after. I mean, it wasn't Brock/Taker, but what is?

I liked both women's segments a lot. The Charlotte/Brie match wasn't anything mindblowing but it was good. Charlotte looked really good. BAD is an awesome stable. The woman's tag match was really good. The Bellas were truly awful on commentary. Alicia Fox was somehow even worse.

Main event was fun. Summer and Lana is a fun feud.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Summer as Nise Lana?  Wearing her hair in a bun doesn't do her face any favors.

Also, did Darren Young get hurt?  It kinda looked like he did.

Oh, and on the subject of the PTP, I dig their Tommie Copper-ish gear.  Matches the tag belts so well.

• Like 1

This is the first Raw I've watched in like five months. I tuned in mainly to see if they were actually going to turn Undertaker or Lesnar heel. Please tell me you guys don't actually watch this shit on a weekly basis.

I will note that from what I've seen on other boards, the general consensus is that this was one of better recent Raws. If so, that's really sad.

Shit I forgot about the Reigns/Harper match.  Harper has always been good, but it seems like whenever he gets a decent amount of match time he starts showing something new.  That armwork he was doing on Reigns followed by the submission at the end was really good stuff.  Reigns so far has my vote for most improved of 2015.

• Like 1

So when will the WWE realize JBL SUCKS?

Probably never.  Remember, Court Bauer said on Observer Radio that they were actually going to put the WWE title back on him before his retirement, even though he did horrible house show attendance and PPV buys.

Yeah Reigns has gotten really good this year. I don't think he was ready this time last year, but he's definitely a good singles match worker at this point. Also Harper is fucking legit.

So when will the WWE realize JBL SUCKS?

Probably never.  Remember, Court Bauer said on Observer Radio that they were actually going to put the WWE title back on him before his retirement, even though he did horrible house show attendance and PPV buys.

Ok but hes horrible as an announcer. Why was the heel announce making face comments to a heel group?

This is the first Raw I've watched in like five months. I tuned in mainly to see if they were actually going to turn Undertaker or Lesnar heel. Please tell me you guys don't actually watch this shit on a weekly basis.

I will note that from what I've seen on other boards, the general consensus is that this was one of better recent Raws. If so, that's really sad.

Good job detailing what was wrong with the show or what you didn't like about it. Feel free to not come back to one of these threads for another five months.

"You people watch this shit? Don't you know how much smarter I am than you?"

• Like 3

Raw was very fun and playful. I don't think there was anything worth skipping besides HHH/Steph being weirdly super bad in their backstage stuff.

On it's own merits, it was super enjoyable, with that excellent ground, good wrestling, good promos, the pull apart. But it was also great on how much of it was making the more detestable shitheads in the internet wrestling fanbase pissy. Cena's promo emasculating Rollins AND the title was wonderful.

As was that whole Rusev/Lana/Summer thing. Holy shit. SO good. This is the funniest Raw in quite a long time. 

Putting KO in the ring with 5 of the biggest and most in shape dudes on the roster was certainly not a good way to protect your talent. Dude look like a bum next to those guys. It's impossible to ever take him seriously as the strong bruiser type when he legit looked like the fat cousin your mom makes you play with out there.