DVDVR Message Board

WWE Battleground

Phil Schneider

I'm pretty sure the story will be HHH reaching out to Taker to save Rollins title because he's so desperate to keep the title controlled by the Authority. Taker was acting mighty heelish there. I know he's the Undertaker, and his aura, and all that bullshit, but I can't see anyway he's presented as the face against Lesnar. He lost to Lesnar cleanly and comes back and ruins the guy's title shot. I still think we'll end up with HHH/Rollins, as Rollins will be insulted that HHH had to go behind his back and enlist Taker because he felt Rollins couldn't get the job done on his own. 

That wouldn't make any sense because HHH is the guy who put Rollins in that match against Lesnar in the first place specifically because he wanted to test him.

My guess is that we will end up with HHH/Rollins, but not for the reason you mentioned. I'm guessing it will be because since Rollins "weaseled" his way out of another loss, The Authority didn't really get the chance to see if he's worth all they invested in him. So he will get one more chance to prove that he's a diamond against the only man against whom you cannot weasel away from. The man who is the true standard bearer by which all other superstars are measured. The 13-time World Champion. The Cerebral Assassin. The Game. THE ASS KICKER. TRIPLE H.

I really want Reigns to take the U.S title. Reigns/Cena must be the only dream match remaining with the full time roster guys and now I'm depressed that it's not going to happen anytime soon, the crowd reaction alone would be so intriguing and really, besides Brock, who else could you have dethrone Cena at this point? I don't buy Zayn doing it, Zayn can work underneath better than anyone in the world but It just wont work for me. Reigns/Cena is where you go down the line and given the credibility Cena has brought to the belt, the only guy to continue that upward momentum is a guy like Reigns.

• Like 1

I'm slowly starting to realize the anti-Reigns thing will probably never completely go away. Him winning the Rumble was akin to Sheamus beating Bryan in 18 seconds, and that above all things to me is why smarks still hate him.

I think putting him in the ring with Cena would actually make the smarks boo Reigns and cheer Cena. They would do this because on the surface, one would think the "cool" thing to do would be to boo Cena and cheer Reigns, but that's actually what makes it uncool. What would be really "cool" is finally cheering Cena, and booing the new young upstart who is being forced down their throats. That might be the only way left to get Cena cheered by a PPV crowd.

I'm slowly starting to realize the anti-Reigns thing will probably never completely go away. Him winning the Rumble was akin to Sheamus beating Bryan in 18 seconds, and that above all things to me is why smarks still hate him.

I think putting him in the ring with Cena would actually make the smarks boo Reigns and cheer Cena. They would do this because on the surface, one would think the "cool" thing to do would be to boo Cena and cheer Reigns, but that's actually what makes it uncool. What would be really "cool" is finally cheering Cena, and booing the new young upstart who is being forced down their throats. That might be the only way left to get Cena cheered by a PPV crowd.

I don't even think most crowds are THAT against Cena in general. The Chicago crowd seemed to really love the dude in the post show after the Cesaro match. I think it's almost weirdly becoming just a tradition in some places.

I doubt 50+ year old Steve Borden wants to visit Suplex City.

Wasn't the word going around back in 2000 that Sting was VERY reluctant to take Vampiro's "Nail in the Coffin" Michinoku Driver?  I just remember both Metlzer and Herb Kunze making snarky comments about Sting not wanting to take the M. Driver.

Tradition is the best way to put it. I think even when John goes into the HOF half of the crowd will go "Let's Go Cena" and the other half will say "Cena Sucks". I just ignore it for the most part.

I think today people just wanna see Cena in good matches....and nowhere near the WWEWHC. There isn't much "hate" for Cena anymore IMO

I'm betting years from now it'll turn out that Cena is just like Hogan, Triple H, Nash, etc. and is really a "protect your spot, bury any threats" type of guy.

[Cena is reading Twitter as he locks the door to his dressing room. Triple H walks up.]

Triple H: Hey John, what's up?

John Cena: Fuckin' marks.  They're all pissy because I didn't 'pass the torch' to Owens.

Triple H: What?  Like you were really do two clean jobs to that tub of lard?

Cena: The fat fuck wears basketball shorts, for Chrissakes.

Triple H:  Hey, it's like the Hulkster always told us: Protect your spot, no matter what.  Bury anyone that tries to move up the card.

Cena [shaking head]: I can't believe those idiot fans actually thought you were gonna let Daniel Bryan hold the World Title till SummerSlam if he hadn't gotten injured.

Triple H: Nah, we were gonna job him out to Kane the very next month.

• Like 4

Eh, I could buy Triple H wanting Rollins to get humbled all the way up to the point of actually waiting until the process of him being pinned and then having 'Taker save his ass at the last possible moment as a kind of "teachable moment." It should be fun seeing Rollins sneer at the notion that it was even remotely possible he was even going to be pinned. My problem is with 'Taker being used as any kind of implement of the damn Authority but I guess even that could be explained away by some BS about Triple H and him begrudgingly respecting each other after their recent WM matches and how this was a catalyst to remedy both their problems.

I don't because I have no desire to see Taker, Kane, or Sting ever wrestle again. 

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Taker looked old...bible old....should-be-on-money-old. He looked like a basset hound with a bad hip when he lifted Brock for the first tombstone. COME THE FUCK ON PEOPLE! HE'S DONE! LET THE BODY GO COLD....er.

• Like 1