DVDVR Message Board

WWE Battleground

Phil Schneider

Charlotte and Sasha had a challenge with having to make the 3 way work it was ok because they both got a chance to shine and the crowd reacted well to both so on that end it was a positive. You got the groups of girl and that's the problem here. The need to do singles matches though on tv. Sasha a star her presence is stronger than every other Diva

• Like 1

Sasha is good ... Sasha is not good enough to revolutionize a division by being put in a random three way with Brie Bella and Charlotte.

I thought that match reeked of internal sabotage. If you're trying to sell the upped workrate these women are bringing to the division, you don't do a three-way with Brie Bella in it.

Although in Brie's defense, she was clearly trying to up her game so as not to get completely shown up by the NXTers. She really laid in those knees on the ropes.

Owens and Cena was decent but I would have preferred Owens go over here since he lost their last match and he also lost to Balor. Now he's lost three consecutive high profile matches and to me a new guy like him should not be losing so often.  With that said, I can't get too upset over Cena winning because nobody in their right mind would ever believe he could lose twice to the same person (unless it's Brock or someone from the Attitude Era).

People get mad when I compare him to what was going on with Triple H in 2003 but it's not much different. Yes, Cena is facing better opponents than Triple H did (no Steiner, Nash, RVD, Kane's of the world) and therefore he is able to put on much better matches but the end result is the same. Vince is too afraid to give someone else the ball so he just sticks with Cena like he stuck with Triple H in '03. 

The one problem with what Cena's done with the U.S. title is that it devalues as soon as he loses it. So i understand the logic since the US title is outplatforming the IC title by a mile currently.

*scratches head in confusion*

Okay so, Opener was pretty good with a hot crowd. The Tag Title Match was a fun time and everyone came out looking pretty good, and New Day losing won't lose there heat as long as they still act like the New Day, which they will. Reigns/Wyatt was a good fucking time, and I'm down with SHIELD remnants vs. Wyatt remnants . Divas match was well setup in that it protected Brie by making Charlotte/Sasha the focal point, and Brie took the fall which keeps Sasha from losing. It wasn't amazing, but it was pretty good stuff for the most part.

Owens-Cena I knew would get a bunch of heat, but the thing I don't get is the "Well what does Cena do now!?" stuff. Fatal 4 Way with Cesaro, Rusev, and Owens at Summerslam. Duh. What does he do if he loses? He had no Summerslam opponent that made sense outside of the US title scene.

As for the main, I am interested if Taker is supposed to be heelish or not here, but I thought he looked better then he has in a few years. Also, Lesnar kicked the dogshit out of Rollins.

I didn't hate the show by any means. And I'm usually a "Fuck this Company for blah blah" kinda guy.

• Like 6

"Wyatt will be fine"  Really?  

"Rusev will be fine"  Oh yeah?

"Owens will be fine"  Okay...

So fine =  not fired then?  Fine = midcard role?  Fine = maybe a title shot a year or two from now?  Someone define what "he'll be fine" means.

God stop making me defend this company...

What really killed Wyatt? The Cena feud was bad, make no mistake, mainly because his character was almost defined by being at the top of the card. But they had him lose that feud, had him job to a part timer the next PPV, then he wasn't around, then they took the family away from him. The number of things that led to teh downfall of Wyatt was "just about all of the things"

Rusev has been out of the Cena feud for... 2 months? maybe 3 if were pushing it? And it was immediately followed by him getting hurt. We don't know how it goes from there. And currently, it's certainly not Rusev is in a bad spot since he got put straight back in with the Cena/Owens/Cesaro stuff which is working well.

I get wanting to complain about it, but the idea that the verdict is already out on Rusev is kinda silly to me. 

It's pretty obvious Vince doesn't want to take any chances on Cena's stock decreasing, even by the most minute amount. The problem is he's steamrolling guys that could potentially take his ball one day and leaving them fairly limited and dead in the water in the eyes of the casual viewer. Cena put over Punk when it was obvious he was ready and the fans latched on to him, in the same vein Owens should have really gone over tonight and recovered from his loss to Balor. They have had multiple chances to put the machine behind guys but Vince's insecurities are glaring. Atleast the matches are great, I guess.

• Like 1

One thing I wanted to say about Reigns and Wyatt.. others have already touched on this but is it even possible to do a blood feud in the PG era?  This reminded me so much of that dreadful Hunter and Orton match to close out WrestleMania.  I don't think Reigns and Wyatt needed blood but I would have preferred at least a brawl in and around ringside to what we got. What we got was not bad.. but it didn't fit the context of the story they were trying to tell.

Okay so, Opener was pretty good with a hot crowd. The Tag Title Match was a fun time and everyone came out looking pretty good, and New Day losing won't lose there heat as long as they still act like the New Day, which they will. Reigns/Wyatt was a good fucking time, and I'm down with SHIELD remnants vs. Wyatt remnants . Divas match was well setup in that it protected Brie by making Charlotte/Sasha the focal point, and Brie took the fall which keeps Sasha from losing. It wasn't amazing, but it was pretty good stuff for the most part.

Owens-Cena I knew would get a bunch of heat, but the thing I don't get is the "Well what does Cena do now!?" stuff. Fatal 4 Way with Cesaro, Rusev, and Owens at Summerslam. Duh. What does he do if he loses? He had no Summerslam opponent that made sense outside of the US title scene.

As for the main, I am interested if Taker is supposed to be heelish or not here, but I thought he looked better then he has in a few years. Also, Lesnar kicked the dogshit out of Rollins.

I didn't hate the show by any means. And I'm usually a "Fuck this Company for blah blah" kinda guy.

Why couldn't Cena lose and still be in the 4 Way?

Why couldn't Cena lose and still be in the 4 Way?

Because it's a bigger impact when Cena gets pinned by Cesaro in that match?

I get wanting to complain about it, but the idea that the verdict is already out on Rusev is kinda silly to me. 

I viewed the match on RAW with Cena as a one off or similar to what they've done with Cesaro where he'll look really great against the top guys for a couple weeks and then pushed right back down to random tag teams or losing to guys like R-Truth or whatever.  I think we'll see more Rusev/Dolph type crap and he'll never really reach the level he was at prior to WrestleMania.

But you are correct that it's still early.  Even so.. there's a pattern.  Wyatt was killed dead. Rusev isn't looking good...  now Owens is falling into the same position.

So Undertaker gets his revenge at SS and it leads to something post match setting up Sting/Taker at Mania?

One can dream.

Enjoyed cena/Owens but whoever said they needed to have a brawl I agree but woulda took the involvement of a table or anything to keep it from what it was which was basically every pro wrestling move ever leading to the finish.

Kind of wasn't paying attention during Reigns/Wyatt and for one glorious moment I thought the guy who ran in was going to be

c496e695508f90798d9218f211012f04.jpg

But then I realized the waist wasn't slim enough and he wasn't even wearing Vans or anything.

It's going to be funny when this latest low ratings stunt fails and they have to bring back babyface HHH to save the day and face Cena. Maybe they can run Cena vs Orton again?

Poor Sasha having to play third fiddle to the Bellas and Charlotte. Although, I liked the women's match for the most part. I guess Charlotte wins the title at Summerslam from Nikki. When does Nikki beat Aj's title reign days?

Best match of the night was the tag title match. I can watch those teams go all day. Especially Titus and Big E. Rest of the show was eh. I just had to laugh at Owens losing but I figured that would happen after the tapings on Thursday. He probably won't be on Summerslam since he's facing Finn the night before.

It feels like they're painting themselves into a corner with the US title.  It's the best thing going, but it's starting to feel like things will get weird before it's all over  The belt will drop a lot of heat once Cena loses.  There are three guys in Owens, Cesaro, and Rusev who can put in work, but you don't want to go to the well with them too often or the angle gets stale.  What happens to Cena after all this?  Back to the main event?  Maybe take on the IC title and work some magic there?

It just feels strange.

OK.

I've only watched Cena/Owens. I don't watch these live because life is far too short. But watch this magic trick....

Cena/Owens I- Cena wins a tough fight, Owens sulks, swears revenge, whatever.

Cena/Owens II - Cena squeaks out an even tougher fight, offers the handshake, Owens shakes, pulls him into a pop up powerbomb

Cena/Owens III - Owens finally wins clean in the middle of the ring after the most horrific match of them all.

Exact same results as the actual feud, just reordered but this way Owens is made. Not rocket science.

But you guys are right. KO, who appeared to be The New Man just two months ago is just another wrestler already. Shame.

• Like 1

Cena/Owens felt like a repeat of the first two matches. They went so big with new moves and finisher kickouts the first time that there isn't a way to up the stakes in a rematch. The finish was deflating not only because it felt, to me, like they were missing the chance to make Owens for life but also because that STF was soooo bad. It's always bad but that one was worse than usual.

Taker/Brock does nothing for me.

So is it Rollins vs Hunter at SummerSlam? Rollins vs Kane?

So at this point Reigns is never going to get cheered on PPV. I mean Wyatt threatens to kidnap Reigns daughter and generally is a dick to him for 5 weeks and the crowd cheers Wyatt, boos Reigns and chants for Wyatt the entire match. I am excited to see how Brooklyn reacts to Reigns.

By the way who's next for Rollins? Assuming they go Brock/Taker 2, who's left for Rollins? Reigns? Cena? Balor? Rusev?

Also Owens kicking out of the second rope AA was the worst spot of the night

So at this point Reigns is never going to get cheered on PPV. I mean Wyatt threatens to kidnap Reigns daughter and generally is a dick to him for 5 weeks and the crowd cheers Wyatt, boos Reigns and chants for Wyatt the entire match. I am excited to see how Brooklyn reacts to Reigns.

By the way who's next for Rollins? Assuming they go Brock/Taker 2, who's left for Rollins? Reigns? Cena? Balor? Rusev?

Triple H. The storyline reason for him putting Seth against Brock was to see if he had made the right choice in Seth. Now Seth escaped without proving anything, Triple H will bring in the one man who can settle this once and for all, himself!

• Like 1

I'll go a little more in depth later (not that I really need to as my feelings have already pretty much been covered) but Taker looked 60 years old. Shaky and old. He looked like someone's grandad coming home late and still wearing his eyeliner from the Alice Cooper show. This CAN'T be the best this international "entertainment brand" can do.

• Like 2