DVDVR Message Board

WWE Battleground

Phil Schneider

I really liked this PPV, everything got tons of time, maybe some got too much, and the worst match of the night was at least good. I don't mind the Cena finish because Owens got to kick out of Cena's superduper mega murder death move. But I'm one of the only people who doesn't find Sheamus or Orton repugnant.

• Like 1

Fuck the end to that Owens/Cena match. It doesn't matter how good the matches are if the endings to them are completely counter productive. Owens has now lost to Cena, lost to Balor, lost to Cena again and is most definitely losing to Balor again. After all of that, he'll probably finally beat Cena for the title and it will be way too fucking late. If the end to this story is Owens beats Cena for the title, then why didn't he win the fucking belt here and then defend it at Summerslam. The end result is the same. Instead, Owens winds up like nearly everyone else and you could see visible disappointment from fans in the arena.

Whatever. LOLCENAWINS

• Like 1

Don't see how losing to Cena hurts anybody. Everyone loses to Cena, big deal.

Yeah, Rusev's career really took off after dropping multiple matches to Cena.

Fucking rube.

The problem with Wyatt vs Reigns is that like most non NXT feuds no matter how personal it gets they are still going to just have a match.   He screws him out of the title, he threatens to do creepy thinks to his daughter, and constantly beats him in run-ins so lets just have a Smackdown or RAW like match with no hate at all.   Reigns should have been given him a Raven like ass kicking and then Harper helping him win would be better.  

Also it seems like we are getting a Michael Cole and Kevin Owens thing as well.   It has been built up a little but seemed elevated with Kevin yelling at him a couple times.   I was a fan of early Kevin picking on shitty WWE commentators but too much of it is going to hurt.   Plus it isn't like Cole can do an Alex riley and work a 5 minute squash.   

Except for the quick tap to the loosest STF ever, that made Chono die for the sole reason of being able to roll in his grave after Yakuza kicking his TV.  That hurt.

I'd like to think that, instead of dying, Chono hopped in his hummer and is driving to Raw tomorrow to yakuza kick Cena into next week.

(Yes, I know Chono probably isn't is North America.  He'll just drive his hummer along the ocean floor until he reaches a US shore.  Of course that will work.  He's Chono.)

• Like 1

When is the last time Cena worked a match without a finisher kickout? I'm beyond sick of that style.  Owens worked some great story driven character heavy matches in NXT why does every main roster match have to be do a bunch of movez and kickouts and wait for the this is awesome chants? One of these Cena/Owens matches should've been a fucking brawl.

I agree with hammerva about Reigns/Wyatt. I mean Reigns was doing a headlock to start the match. I rarely pay attention to Bray's angles anymore, but wasn't he fucking with Roman's family. Fucking kill that asshole don't grab a fucking headlock. I swear Sami Zayn is the only babyface in WWE that shows fire.

When is the last time Cena worked a match without a finisher kickout? I'm beyond sick of that style.  Owens worked some great story driven character heavy matches in NXT why does every main roster match have to be do a bunch of movez and kickouts and wait for the this is awesome chants? One of these Cena/Owens matches should've been a fucking brawl.

Who are you to doubt BIG MATCH JOHN.

• Like 2

I'm not Bray's biggest fan but he probably had match of the night here with Reigns, both guys really laid their shit in and produced a solid brawl. Their match on Raw that one time compared to tonight showcased just how much both guys have improved as singles guys and understanding their roles. The build up has been all types of hokey shit though and is only going to continue with the reformation of the Wyatts, I atleast hope Rowan is brought back into the mix, maybe have Ambrose discover him dozing around in the woodlands.

• Like 1

Who does Cena feud with now, though? That's my main problem with him winning. The US title challenge was setup for a new guy to come in and beat him for the title. Well, they found that guy in Owens and he didn't get the title. So now what?

Sasha is good ... Sasha is not good enough to revolutionize a division by being put in a random three way with Brie Bella and Charlotte.

I actually didn't mind Orton and Sheamus. It was a fine match, got the crowd going to start the show.

Undertaker looked really shaky on his feet. I don't want to see that match.

Tag match was fine.

Bray/Roman was a great 15 minute match that went 20 minutes. Still pretty good.

Miz was funny for once.

Overall it was a decent show in the ring but really nothing you have to go out of your way to see if you missed it.

Can someone teach Cena how to speak Carny?

He is tooo audible.

Yeah this was the weakest of the 3 but I like Cena US title challenge so I don't mind him going over the real test for them is what do they do with Owens since I would assume he is done with Cena.

Who does Cena feud with now, though? That's my main problem with him winning. The US title challenge was setup for a new guy to come in and beat him for the title. Well, they found that guy in Owens and he didn't get the title. So now what?

Rusev, Owens and Cesaro have a round robin tourney to get a shot at Cena.   But the title match is actually a Mortal Kombat tourney on Consequences Creed's gaming channel. 

isnTv0q.gif

• Like 9