DVDVR Message Board

UFC on Fox 16: Dillashaw vs. Barão II (7/25/2015) - Chicago, IL (United Center)

Elsalvajeloco

did the UFC show any interest in Marloes Coenen back when they brought in most of the Strikeforce fighters? she was a standout in the division but instead went to Invicta and ultimately Bellator. i haven't heard her name in a while so she must not be doing much. i enjoyed her SF fights and would like to see her get in there with the UFC girls. Also, she's a former SF champ who hasn't fought Rousey, so there's that.....

She just got a fight booked for Bellator 141 last night.

Remember, the whole Golden Glory thing happened. So she got thrown out with the bath water.

What's the Golden Glory thing? Coenen always impressed me. She has an immense chin (both Cyborg fights, holy cow), is competent enough on her feet to not lose fights against all but the very best, and is a damn good grappler/submission fighter. Shame she's wasting away outside the UFC. 

• Like 1

What's the Golden Glory thing?

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/8/3/2341786/youre-fired-golden-glory-fighters-cut-from-strikeforce-and-ufc

Alistair Overeem was given a UFC contract soon after though.

Thanks for that. Doesn't really say much other than alluding to possible contract demands. Seems silly to have one of the better fighters in the division on the outs because of a shithead agent dispute from 4 years ago.

I can't watch those embedded/beyond the series things anymore. I can actually feel the loss of brain cells watching people talk about themselves and say the same stuff over again. If they have an interesting story, write an article and I'll read it. Even the McGregor videos were dull. "I'm going to go buy stuff. I can get used to this" x1000.

What's the Golden Glory thing?

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/8/3/2341786/youre-fired-golden-glory-fighters-cut-from-strikeforce-and-ufc

Alistair Overeem was given a UFC contract soon after though.

Thanks for that. Doesn't really say much other than alluding to possible contract demands. Seems silly to have one of the better fighters in the division on the outs because of a shithead agent dispute from 4 years ago.

Well, she moved back to featherweight when she got to Invicta because the weight cut was taking too much out of her. Then, she got beat up by Cyborg again. So even if she wanted to move back down, she was probably considered damaged goods.

Guest Edwin

The 4 Horsewomen was pretty much just Ronda's crew trying to ride her fame, but has sadly failed.

Even Marina Schafir who had a start similar to Ronda's in the early stages of her career submitting her opponents in the first round before getting KO'd twice in a row in the first round.

The 4 Horsewomen was pretty much just Ronda's crew trying to ride her fame, but has sadly failed.

Even Marina Schafir who had a start similar to Ronda's in the early stages of her career submitting her opponents in the first round before getting KO'd twice in a row in the first round.

Well, that was all ammy stuff for Marina. Then, she got one pro win. As soon as she kinda stepped up, she got flattened twice. I think Amanda Bell may have knocked out her out, she woke back up, and then she got knocked out again. Ronda to her credit fought Ediane Gomes in her debut and then Charmaine Tweet (who beat Amanda Bell) before going to Strikeforce.

• Like 1

It may be ring rust and how the Eduardo fight ended, but Eddie Wineland looked kinda pedestrian against Caraway. He only really fought the last minute of the fight.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

That was a nice transition from Lauzon to take Gomi's back before pounding him and calling off his own fight.

So has bellator already signed Gomi after that performance

Holy shit this Felder vs Barboza fight is awesomely brutal.   Both of these guys are tough as nails .  Hell Felder shouldn't be walking after that kick to the nuts

I'm glad Felder had this fight now instead racking up a few ok wins and then figuring out that there is another level at LW. Barboza's timing threw him off, and he had to learn how to adjust. I think in order to move up, he has to be aggressive with his volume and not look for one big strike. I think this fight answered plenty of questions about him.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Agreed, that was a very entertaining fight. I agree with that decision. I don't see why the fans were booing. Barboza just kept landing body kicks and he also landed more strikes. Despite Barboza's bruised eye, Felder had Barboza's foot printed on his rib really badly.

I hadn't thought about that fight, but Barboza vs. Alvarez could be excellent. Barboza could beat Alvarez keeping him at distance and beating him up his legs to a decision.

Paul Felder did exactly what you don't want to do in a fight with Edson Barboza and let Barboza make it his fight.  Hopefully Felder learns from this because he is clearly talented and gave a tough fight to one of the top guys in the division.