DVDVR Message Board

NWAClassics.com streaming service - Paul Boesch Houston Library

goc

• 2 months later...

Bockwinkel vs Slater dropped last night. Another great match. I love the Bock we've gotten in Houston. None of it has been a big surprise, but it's certainly filled in gaps and reinforced what we've already known and let us see him against some new opponents. I voted him the GOAT back in March and we've only gotten more evidence for that this year.

The Bock/ Slater match is really good. And it deserves the praise and attention .

But it doesn't hold a candle to the Dibiase vs Murdoch match they put up last week.It's one of the best matches I've ever seen.  Dibiase vs Murdoch is on that level of Tully vs Magnum or Lawler vs Dundee LLT 1. It's that fucking great. 

So ya see, with NWA On Demand you get to compare great matches with transcendental matches. And you get to see what all the hype is about Gino Hernandez, who fucking ruled.

10 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

The Bock/ Slater match is really good. And it deserves the praise and attention .

But it doesn't hold a candle to the Dibiase vs Murdoch match they put up last week.It's one of the best matches I've ever seen.  Dibiase vs Murdoch is on that level of Tully vs Magnum or Lawler vs Dundee LLT 1. It's that fucking great. 

So ya see, with NWA On Demand you get to compare great matches with transcendental matches. And you get to see what all the hype is about Gino Hernandez, who fucking ruled.

Gino was Piper before Piper was Piper.

On 7/18/2015 at 2:32 AM, jstout said:

Are there any other territories out there that Vince hasn't bought the rights to already that could wind up here, or is the Houston stuff probably it? Just curious.

There's a pretty good amount of Portland footage, that Buddy Rose personally recorded, while he was in the territory. Rich Patterson got all of the tapes in Buddy's garage after he passed. Everything on the Portland Wrestling YouTube channel is from Rich.

• 2 months later...

For people who haven't checked this out yet, now's a great time to do the free preview. They just posted the entirety of a 1977 Funk vs Race NWA Title match that's just awesome. Funk is on an entirely different level than almost any wrestler I've ever seen in this match. No, there's not a Roku channel but there are workarounds for that. Seriously, though, if you're going to watch one match on your computer this year, that's the match to watch.

Ooooo, I have a secondary e-mail too, didn't think about that... might try it. 

EDIT: Yeah, they want payment via PayPal or credit so that nips that in the bud. Sorry but I'm not giving out my CC number to some Dutch streaming company for a 40 minute wrestling match (though I probably should, considering the participants)

On 2/11/2017 at 7:06 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Ooooo, I have a secondary e-mail too, didn't think about that... might try it. 

EDIT: Yeah, they want payment via PayPal or credit so that nips that in the bud. Sorry but I'm not giving out my CC number to some Dutch streaming company for a 40 minute wrestling match (though I probably should, considering the participants)

If ever there was a reason to give your CC number to a faceless Dutch streaming company, it would be for this match. It's one of the most perfect pro wrestling matches I've ever seen. You could argue "greatest Funk performance" and it would not be hyperbole. 

• 1 month later...

They just posted an off the charts 32 minutes from late 86 with Dibiase (subbing for Doc) vs Gordy in a cage, followed immediately by Dibiase vs Hayes in a country whipping match in the same cage and promos backstage after it all by Dibiase and a super bloody Gordy.

On 2/11/2017 at 10:46 AM, Matt D said:

For people who haven't checked this out yet, now's a great time to do the free preview. They just posted the entirety of a 1977 Funk vs Race NWA Title match that's just awesome. Funk is on an entirely different level than almost any wrestler I've ever seen in this match. No, there's not a Roku channel but there are workarounds for that. Seriously, though, if you're going to watch one match on your computer this year, that's the match to watch.

Gonna watch it now!