DVDVR Message Board

Amazon Prime Day!!!!

Big Fresh

It is a very good thing that I didn't see that Simpsons Ultimate Deal before it was 100% claimed.  I had the first 9 seasons, but I've moved multiple times and I wouldn't even know where to start looking for them. 

It is a very good thing that I didn't see that Simpsons Ultimate Deal before it was 100% claimed.  I had the first 9 seasons, but I've moved multiple times and I wouldn't even know where to start looking for them. 

Is the waitlist full?

I shouldn't have mentioned the X-Box 360 game thing, Craig is gonna be mad all day about that.

Nah. I've noticed for awhile now that Xbone bundles pale in comparison to PS4 bundles. I can only assume that is a Microsoft thing. It is annoying that the PS4 bundle allows you to play two next gen games while the Xbone bundle lets you play a bunch of games you've already played and if you haven't, they're ports of last gen games that still have some major issues (Halo MCC).

Whatever. I'm not even going to go through the trouble of buying that PS4 bundle, even if I could re-sell it all on eBay and make $100 back. I'll just keep waiting for another Xbone bundle that's as good as the one briefly offered. Those were the best I've seen and the only ones actually competitive with the PS4 bundles.

I'm also annoyed that the 7qt mixer was over $400. LOL, yeah, I'll just go to Costco.

Is the waitlist full?

Don't you make me look, damn you. 

I shouldn't have mentioned the X-Box 360 game thing, Craig is gonna be mad all day about that.

Nah. I've noticed for awhile now that Xbone bundles pale in comparison to PS4 bundles. I can only assume that is a Microsoft thing. It is annoying that the PS4 bundle allows you to play two next gen games while the Xbone bundle lets you play a bunch of games you've already played and if you haven't, they're ports of last gen games that still have some major issues (Halo MCC).

Whatever. I'm not even going to go through the trouble of buying that PS4 bundle, even if I could re-sell it all on eBay and make $100 back. I'll just keep waiting for another Xbone bundle that's as good as the one briefly offered. Those were the best I've seen and the only ones actually competitive with the PS4 bundles.

I'm also annoyed that the 7qt mixer was over $400. LOL, yeah, I'll just go to Costco.

The last bundle they offered (the one you mentioned) was better than any PS4 bundle for certain. Even this one. As it let you choose your game, and even get the 1TB hard drive.

And the MCC doesn't have issues anymore.

We had Amazon Prime Day here in the UK too.

Been fighting with the idea of a Wii U for a while since I've owned every major Nintendo console since the NES when i was about 6 years old. Super Mario Maker had almost sold me on it so i was going to wait to see if the prices dropped in November. But Amazon tempted me with a Wii U premium version with New Super Mario Bros U and New Super Luigi Bros U for £185 so, fuck it, i brought one!

Good movie. Don't want to own it (but I'm not big on owning discs,) but it's definitely worth a watch.

Haven't bought anything today, but a co-worker did clue me into "Apply for an Amazon Visa and we'll give you an amazon gift card". Kind of annoying that my card was ten bucks less than his, but I'll take free money to sign up for a no-annual-fees credit account I probably won't use outside of Amazon.

I've been working like crazy today and pushed my lunch back by 3 hours. Just before I leave I see that the Playstation Gold headset was on sale for $60, which is about the deal of the day so far, and I missed out. Dammit anyway.

Actually bought something! The Kingsmen on Blu-Ray for $10. Never saw it, but heard great things.

Yeah, I've been telling myself to watch this movie since it came out, so I went ahead and bought it so I can tell myself to put the Blu-Ray in for another six months.

I've been working like crazy today and pushed my lunch back by 3 hours. Just before I leave I see that the Playstation Gold headset was on sale for $60, which is about the deal of the day so far, and I missed out. Dammit anyway.

Again, there is still waitlist room available! You can still get this deal!

I was up since 2AM for deals, haven't really seen one I wanted yet. The Simpsons was tempting, but I already own the first 7. I was interested in the Destiny Collector's Edition, normally 99.99, discounted for 39.99. It was gone SECONDS after the sale went live. Was kinda watching for a PS4 bundle but that sale with Batman and Witcher must have been a secret flash sale that happened while I was out eating/grocery shopping. There was definitely NO "upcoming deal" for a PS4. Dicks.

The PS4 deal was up for about three hours and I don't think even sold out.  I found it by searching only Video Games deals.

I'll be honest, this whole Amazon "sale" felt a lot like those old video stores liquidating their inventory by jacking up the prices and then offering a "discount" so that people who didn't know better would buy a ton of random shit thinking they were getting a great deal.

I was up since 2AM for deals, haven't really seen one I wanted yet. The Simpsons was tempting, but I already own the first 7. I was interested in the Destiny Collector's Edition, normally 99.99, discounted for 39.99. It was gone SECONDS after the sale went live. Was kinda watching for a PS4 bundle but that sale with Batman and Witcher must have been a secret flash sale that happened while I was out eating/grocery shopping. There was definitely NO "upcoming deal" for a PS4. Dicks.

Yeah, there's been a bunch of secret flash sales. The Amazon Echo was one of them.

The PS4 deal was up for about three hours and I don't think even sold out.  I found it by searching only Video Games deals.

I'll be honest, this whole Amazon "sale" felt a lot like those old video stores liquidating their inventory by jacking up the prices and then offering a "discount" so that people who didn't know better would buy a ton of random shit thinking they were getting a great deal.

Oh, dude, for real. This has been less "Black Friday" and more "kinda nice flea market." They've put up so much garbage for sale, like some beard growth snake oil. A couple hours ago, Gizmodo posted an article with the most bullshit deals today and that beard growth stuff was on it.

• Like 1

That's about right. And it's not like it's total shit. I think the stuff I nabbed was fine and the fervor of the day made me finally take the leap on that package of Eneloop batteries, but the vast majority is just not that special. I shit you not, one of the Lego sets for sale, I think the Lego Movie Ice Cream Truck, was the same price before it's lightning deal went live. There was no difference pre and post lightning deal.