DVDVR Message Board

RIP Nintendo President Satoru Iwata

He also didn't exactly make every decision himself, he just gets the blame for all the bad ones in the end being in his position.

He has the Wii, the DS, and the 3DS on his resume, not to mention Amiibo, so yeah, I think his leadership, while not perfect, was ultimately positive for Nintendo.

• Like 1

He also didn't exactly make every decision himself, he just gets the blame for all the bad ones in the end being in his position.

True, but that kind of goes along with the position of being the President or CEO. That's why X-Box ditched Don Mattrick and brought in Phil Spencer (which I think everyone would agree has made a huge difference).

More than the President of Nintendo, Iwata was a genius developer. When Game Freak wasn't able to fit all of Pokèmon Gold/Silver into a Game Boy cart, he compressed the graphical code to the extent where they had enough space to throw in the whole Kanto region after you beat the Johto Elite Four. AFTER he became President, he stepped in at HAL Laboratory to make sure Super Smash Bros. Melee came out on time.

If he didn't die, I always imagined him eventually resigning to let the next generation take over, and still hanging out at Nintendo HQ and stepping in whenever a dev team needs help.

• Like 1