DVDVR Message Board

The All-Purpose Funko POP! thread....

On 1/20/2021 at 5:34 AM, The Natural said:

Batman arrived a little late but the wait for the Joker was too long and the seller didn't keep in touch so I got the money back and bought from someone else, it arrived on Monday.

s-l640.jpg

May get Harley Quinn to complete the set. Never had a complete set of Funko POP before:

157405258_4485819698101031_5694689934915

36th Birthday on Saturday. My Little Sis' kindly got me Batman: The Animated Series Harley Quinn Black Light Funko POP. First time I've completed a Funko POP set:

Spoiler

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l640.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised though if more Batman: The Animated Series Black Light Funko POP are released.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

OIP.a6pMWtuuwWE5fZT3AQM5RgHaHa?pid=ImgDe

Just found this today. Had to order as it's a tribute to the Batman TV series and movie (1966-1968). It was one of three big influences in my Batman fandom growing up as a kid with Batman (1989) and Batman: The Animated Series (1992-1995). I have Funkos representing Batman (1989), B:TAS and now Batman (1966-1968). 58 of them including mine have sold in 48 hours. Going quick.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 12:10 PM, The Natural said:

Yeah, I'm going to have to get this one. Will pre-order it. Think it's one that may interest, @TheVileOne.

I fucking forgot to pre-order The Winter Soldier in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) from the website I was going to use and today I found out it's sold out. I've looked around and it's nearly sold out everywhere. I was able to find a website selling it for £16:99 with £10:00 shopping for £26:99 total. That's good when you consider its going on eBay for £40-65 and add a £5 on top for postage. Expected early May 2021.

Edited by The Natural

I wonder which other Captain America characters will be in the Year of the Shield line? Bucky Cap from the comics, Falcon Cap, and Spider-Man from Captain America: Civil War (2016) come to mind. I'd certainly get the latter. Any suggestions, @gatling and @TheVileOne?

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Control said:

POPRACCOONGAMES_CONANTHEBARBARIAN_BLOODYDisappointed I didn’t pick this guy up when I saw it at my local shop for $13. Now it’s OOP.

Yeah, sucks when you don't buy an item and you can't get it. Guessing you've tried eBay and it's going for quite the price?

117879332_10157647232608862_865243473906

The red card Batman from Batman: The Animated Series I bought in June of 2016 and I put the Joker back. I was pissed at myself for doing so as the shop never got the Joker back. Every time I looked at my Batman, I'd get annoyed for not buying the Joker at the same time. My friend who is more like a Brother to me bid on my behalf on eBay for the Joker red card from Batman: The Animated Series in August 2020, a brand new item and we won! Batman: The Animated Series figures go for a lot as they're rare and DC Collectibles is no more. I'd never sell them or these I got in November-December last year, also rare/DC Collectibles out of business:

134369945_10157946561003862_596857249964

Edited by The Natural

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

Yeah, sucks when you don't buy an item and you can't get it. Guessing you've tried eBay and it's going for quite the price?

Yeah, it'll cost me $50-$60 on ebay. I'd go maybe $30.

42 minutes ago, Control said:

Yeah, it'll cost me $50-$60 on ebay. I'd go maybe $30.

You do right. The most I've ever paid for a Funko POP is £30 for:

s-l1600.jpg

£30 for:

s-l640.jpg

Got both brand new from eBay where they're more expensive. Miles Morales was a bugger to get as it's from Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse (2018), the famous Leap of Faith sequence and a Previews Exclusive. I kept seeing Sold Out. Looked on eBay last December and there it was as a Brand New Listing from a UK seller with 3 watchers. Thankfully I timed that perfectly. It's one of my favourites in my whole collection. You don't see it often there.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

You gotta hand it to Funko. So many of these collector items come and go but they've managed to stay fresh and still entice collectors even after ten years. They do a good balance of being cheap and easy-to-find collectibles everyone can afford (oh look at this cute figure, its only $8!), while also having rare chase ones to keep serious collectors hooked. Its a good setup. I have about 100 myself which sounds like a lot.... not sure how that happened.....

• Like 2

On 3/28/2021 at 11:56 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

You gotta hand it to Funko. So many of these collector items come and go but they've managed to stay fresh and still entice collectors even after ten years. They do a good balance of being cheap and easy-to-find collectibles everyone can afford (oh look at this cute figure, its only $8!), while also having rare chase ones to keep serious collectors hooked. Its a good setup. I have about 100 myself which sounds like a lot.... not sure how that happened.....

Agreed. Never had a chase. Which Funko do you have in your collection? 

Mine:

Spoiler

Batman, Batman The Animated Series: Black Light Special Edition. #369.

The Joker, Batman The Animated Series: Black Light Special Edition. #370.

Harley Quinn, Batman The Animated Series: Black Light Special Edition. #371.

Silent Knight Batman Special Edition. #366.

Batman: The Animated Series, Batman. #152.

Batman: The Animated Series, The Joker. #155.

Batman: The Animated Series, Phantasm. #198.

Batman: The Animated Series, Robot Batman. #193.

Batman: The Animated Series, Bane. #192.

Batman: The Animated Series, Catwoman. #194.

The Dark Knight Trilogy: Batman. #19.

The Dark Knight Trilogy: The Joker. #36.

Batman and Commissioner Gordon, Batman Begins. #291.

Batman, Batman (1989). #275.

The Joker, Batman (1989). #337.

Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman. #52.

Batman: Arkham Asylum, The Joker. #53.

Batman, Batman Classic TV Series. #41.

Batman (blue and grey), Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. #111.

Batman Beyond, #33.

Batman. Pop Art Series. #3.

Robin as Batman from Teen Titans GO! I found out it's a limited edition.  #334.

Negative Batman. #161.

Bret Hart. #68.

The Undertaker. #08.

Boneyard Undertaker. #81.

Spider-Man: Marvel 80 Years. #593.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Peter Parker. #404.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Miles Morales Previews Exclusive #529. Bastard to get.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Spider-Gwen. #405.

Spider-Man I Love Pi Special Edition. #672.

Superior Spider-Man. Limited edition. Bastard to get. #233.

Green Goblin, Underground Toys Exclusive. #109.

Infamous Iron Man. Limited to 30,000. #677.

Daredevil: Season One, Daredevil (Red Suit). #120.

Daredevil: Season One, Wilson Fisk. #122.

Daredevil: Season One, Daredevil Masked Vigilante. #119.

Avengers: Infinity War, Thanos. #289.

Avengers: Infinity War, Iron Spider. #287.

Avengers: Endgame, Captain America with Mjolnir. #573.

Avengers: Endgame, I am Iron Man with the Infinity Stones. #580.

Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man. #220.

Spider-Man: Far From Home, Spider-Man (Upgraded Suit), #470.

Spider-Gwen. #146.

Gwenom. #302.

X-Men (2000) Wolverine. #637.

Marvel 80 Years: Wolverine. #547.

Lars Ulrich. #58.

Doctor Who, Tenth Doctor. #221.

Total: 49.

My favourites:

Spoiler

Batman, Batman: The Animated Series Black Light Special Edition. #369.

The Joker, Batman: The Animated Series Black Light Special Edition. #370.

Harley Quinn, Batman: The Animated Series Black Light Special Edition. #371.

Silent Knight Batman Special Edition. #366.

Batman: The Animated Series, Batman. #152.

Batman: The Animated Series, The Joker. #155.

The Dark Knight Trilogy: Batman. #19.

The Dark Knight Trilogy: The Joker. #36.

Batman and Commissioner Gordon, Batman Begins. #291.

Batman (blue and grey), Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. #111.

Bret Hart. #68.

Spider-Man: Marvel 80 Years. #593.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Peter Parker. #404.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Miles Morales Previews Exclusive #529. Bastard to get.

Superior Spider-Man. Limited edition. Bastard to get. #233.

Daredevil: Season One, Daredevil (Red Suit). #120.

Avengers: Infinity War, Thanos. #289.

Avengers: Endgame, Captain America with Mjolnir. #573.

Avengers: Endgame, I am Iron Man with the Infinity Stones. #580.

Spider-Gwen. #146.

On 3/30/2021 at 12:59 AM, The Natural said:

Agreed. Never had a chase. Which Funko do you have in your collection? 

I never kept track of them in list form but these are two of the places I have them in my home, they are kinda spread throughout. I mostly collect Star Wars, Ghostbusters, and Pops from video game series that I enjoy.

Spoiler

O2XWQLz.jpg

Spoiler

mbYBsHw.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2021 at 1:39 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

I never kept track of them in list form but these are two of the places I have them in my home, they are kinda spread throughout. I mostly collect Star Wars, Ghostbusters, and Pops from video game series that I enjoy.

Reveal hidden contents

O2XWQLz.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

mbYBsHw.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Most of mine are Batman, then Spider-Man followed by Marvel Studios Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Spoiler

35239624_10155710929743862_6499863141940

June 2018.

117310706_10157619211993862_261640656400

August 2020.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My birthday is next week and one of my buddies was in town for the 4th and got me my first Funko - the classic outfit version of Kamala Khan's Ms. Marvel. He knows I'm a huge Ms. Marvel fan, so that was really nice of him.

These things are small and lightweight too, not what I expected from years of seeing pictures.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 9:22 AM, The Natural said:

I fucking forgot to pre-order The Winter Soldier in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) from the website I was going to use and today I found out it's sold out. I've looked around and it's nearly sold out everywhere. I was able to find a website selling it for £16:99 with £10:00 shopping for £26:99 total. That's good when you consider its going on eBay for £40-65 and add a £5 on top for postage. Expected early May 2021.

OIP.huqGr_tKG-hCDqwu0XugXQHaHa?pid=ImgDe

Arrived last Saturday in perfect condition. It's a great Funko POP!

• 1 month later...

FUN58871Spider-ManAnimatedSeries-Spider-

FUN58865Spider-ManAnimatedSeries-DoctorO

FUN58863Spider-ManAnimatedSeries-BlackCa

FUN58867Spider-ManAnimatedSeries-Hobgobl

Learnt today about these from the 1990s Spider-Man cartoon. Tagging @TheVileOne as I think he'll be interested. Don't think @Eivion collects them but would like to see them still. I grew up on the show and still have a soft spot for it but I'd rather have something from The Spectacular Spider-Man instead.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

FUN59160SE_720x.jpg?v=1638804082

Had to order this Two-Face Batman: The Animated Series Special Edition when I found out about it. I love Batman and especially Batman: The Animated Series. The latter I especially seek out to collect.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1