DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, WSOF, Glory, Invicta, Titan, RIZIN, AXS TV Live Event Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Adubakar Nurmagomedov had his WSOF debut tonight against Jorge Moreno (who was cornered by Tom Lawlor). He looked good though. Not a physical beast like his brother (at least not yet), but he has natural power.

Care to give a quick rundown? I read a play by play and sounded like a trainwreck but would love to hear your thoughts.

Jake Shields wins the the first two rounds by lay and pray

Jake Shields gasses at the start of round 3 and starts getting beat up on the feet

Jake Shields shoots an ugly takedown

Toquinho grabs his arm during the attempt and then rolls with Jake's momentum into an awesome Kimura

Toquinho cranks his arm way behind his back, Jake taps, and Palhares holds on until Maz gets him off

Shields punches him after he lets go and the security have to hold Shields' corner back

Shields then bitches in the post fight interview about eye gouges

Ray Sefo looks dumbfounded behind everyone and doesn't know whether to be happy or sad

• Like 1

Cheers. This was one of the rare non-UFC fights that I wish I could have watched.

An update on the One FC show from Myanmar from a few weeks back - I ended up turning down free ringside seats from a friend the night before the show thinking I'd be able to watch it on tv.....and then they didn't air it anywhere. Of all the people I know who went to the show, I think two people actually paid for their tickets. So yeah....OneFC.

Wonder if a punishment will be given to Toq, The MMA media & most of the internet is pushing hard for it. Is anybody scarier then this guy? 

IMO, if you're gonna punish Toquinho, you got to at least reprimand the camps involved in melees at that show. Palhares was only gonna hurt Jake Shields' arm. The Diaz and Nurmagomedov camps were probably gonna hurt innocent bystanders. In addition, Shields retaliated after the fight was clearly over and his cornermen tried to jump into the cage to start a fight there. NONE of this (including the Palhares part) should be tolerated.

They've banned the Diaz brothers from future WSOF shows. I'm so tired of their shit. When Ali Abdel-Aziz says Nick "threw a beer bottle," what sporting events in the States still sell beer bottles? I thought everybody transitioned to plastic cups these days for better or worse.

• Like 2

They've banned the Diaz brothers from future WSOF shows. I'm so tired of their shit. When Ali Abdel-Aziz says Nick "threw a beer bottle," what sporting events in the States still sell beer bottles? I thought everybody transitioned to plastic cups these days for better or worse.

I forgot to add Ali to my breakdown because he was also standing there with a look of disbelief on his face.

Hopefully, he understands this only happens at low level MMA shows where the ring girls are wearing the giant, clear plastic stripper shoes. Basically, that's what they still are despite being on a channel owned by NBCUniversal. What a harsh reality.

They sell plastic beer bottles at some venues. If it's empty, it doesn't do any damage, but if it's 3/4 full, you could do some damage if you hit someone with it.

It looked like Nick Diaz threw like a cup of beer and not an actual glass bottle.

The Diaz brothers are punks and I've been sick of their garbage for years.  They basically use the fact that they are trailer trash to excuse themselves for any responsibility of their actions.

• Like 1

Nate Diaz may have the most annoying voice on record too. Especially when he's calling guys 'bitches' and what not in fights. I'm sitting here laughing, thinking about it. Extra punchable face to boot.

The Diaz brothers are punks and I've been sick of their garbage for years. They basically use the fact that they are trailer trash to excuse themselves for any responsibility of their actions.

Agreed.

BlackandwhiteKnobbyChicken.gif

Fuck Rousimar Palhares as well.

• Like 1

Go ahead and try :). For him, that's not too bad. I wonder how hard a promotion can ding him financially for doing that. Could you legally include a clause in his contract where he forfeits a huge percentage of his purse if he doesn't release a submission immediately when being told to do so by the referee?

Go ahead and try :). For him, that's not too bad. I wonder how hard a promotion can ding him financially for doing that. Could you legally include a clause in his contract where he forfeits a huge percentage of his purse if he doesn't release a submission immediately when being told to do so by the referee?

I'll school him like Alan Belcher....*runs like fuck*. Toquinho has previous. That's a problem. I don't know if you could do a clause giving a fine if he doesn't release a hold. Shouldn't have to come to this.

All that's missing from that gif is Mazzagatti giving Palhares a five count

LOL. It's something when arguably the worst referee in MMA is the signed referee for a Palhares fight.

• Like 1

I'll school him like Alan Belcher....*runs like fuck*. Toquinho has previous. That's a problem. I don't know if you could do a clause giving a fine if he doesn't release a hold. Shouldn't have to come to this.

That's my whole point. Ali is tweeting like this is some big thing, but they knew before what type of guy he is. Therefore, I can't big up them like they're so ahead of the game. I'm all for second chances, but I think under certain circumstances you have to be extremely careful. In this case, WSOF definitely didn't do that. The right thing to do would have been to wait until he had 3-4 fights and examine his behavior. Then, you go from there and tell him explicitly that behavior won't be tolerated. I know they're desperate for any type of name, but that desperation shouldn't justify signing people who have a myriad of problems. If they didn't sign the Mike Kyles, Thiago Silvas, and Anthony Johnsons of the world, it totally would have been justified. However, when you do sign people with a history, it's only your fault when shit like this happens. It's like I can't even be mad at Toquinho because people are giving him a platform on television to do this.

• Like 2