DVDVR Message Board

The Cover Shtick

Zac_Fu

I will see your Toadies cover of the Groovie Goolies and Man and raise you Dig covering the theme from Fat Albert & The Cosby Kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRkth5-iE_o

in the Schoolhouse Rock challenge, I will see your Man or Astro-Man's cover of Interplanet Janet and raise you with Chavez's cover of Little Twelvetoes.

I sprouted my first pube after watching that video.

I used my favorite Isley Brothers cover in the Soul/Funk/R&B thread(Ohio/Machine Gun), but this one is pretty fucking awesome too.  Ernie Isley needs to get more credit as a guitar god.

Most people don't realize this is a cover, but I guess when you're Ray Charles you can make people forget Hoagy Carmichael.

I have seen Orbital perform live five times.  Once in Glastonbury in 1994 liquored up and laying in the lap of a beautiful girl from Kenya whose name escapes me right now. 

I am not sure how in the world I failed to post the Dr. Who mash-up in this thread.

Grateful Dead "Aiko Aiko" : Live at Philly 1989. I was there and they tore this up as we blistered in the heat

Grateful Dead "Not Fade Away" Live at Buffalo 1989. I was there and this melted the mind

Grateful Dead "Visions Of Johanna". Jerry at the end of his life mournful and beautiful.