DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

I'm bummed that New Japan doesn't have an English-language Roku or PS4 app for NJPW World. I don't have or want cable, so it's hard to keep up with some of these other companies. I've found that I prefer my weekly wrestling rather than waiting for DVDs or doing a bunch of binge watching of current companies. 

So much of WWE's product just does nothing for me nowadays, one way or the other.  I can't bring myself to get worked up about it since it wouldn't really make a difference.  Fortunately, there's enough wrestling to watch that there's no reason to dwell on one promotion.  Yes, I should probably quit watching, but God knows I've got some kind of mental disorder or whatever the hell it is.

Same with me. Between LU,ROH,NJPW on AXS and Paragon Pro on POP I get my weekly wrestling fix. Gave up on WWE not long after WM this year. And while there will be a good match on Raw once a month or so,it isn't enough to get me to even bother DVRing the show and FFing thru most of it.

I just watched the first episode of Paragon Pro Wrestling that I recorded.  It'd got a WOW feel so I'm falling in love with it.

The story was that Spivey had put big hands on Adonis in the dressing room, which led to him wearing alot of make-up to cover up the black eye and other bruises.  This was during his Adorable gimmick.

The story was that Spivey had put big hands on Adonis in the dressing room, which led to him wearing alot of make-up to cover up the black eye and other bruises.  This was during his Adorable gimmick.

Why not just make a pedantic "funny" post about how Adonis is dead? Here is the story from Dory Funk's website: http://www.dory-funk.com/adorable.html

"C'mon Spivey, let's see how tough you are." It happened in a split second. There was no chance to break it up. Adrain took the wrestler's position and lunged forward for Spivey's legs. Spivey who is six feet six and has an ungodly reach caught Adrian with a vicious left to his left eye and cheekbone. It splattered like a watermelon and blood went everywhere. Spivey came with one more right to the face and the fight was over before anyone could break it up.

Man the hurt over Owens is crazy. Do people not have the patience to watch these guys have a career before they pull the trigger?

Could you imagine if message boards were around back in the 80's and early 90's -

This is BS. Ricky Steamboat is the best wrestler in the world and WWE have him jobbing in the midcard. He should be wrestling circles around Hogan's orange ass.

Also this Undertaker character is DOA. No pun intended. How is a guy supposed to get over as a wrestling zombie? I give it 6 months before Hogan squashes him and he gets retooled or let go.

Sid sucks so bad. He only has 4 moves and 2 of them are punch and kick.

The Ringmaster? Jesus, he should have stayed in ECW! What a waste of talent.

Man the hurt over Owens is crazy. Do people not have the patience to watch these guys have a career before they pull the trigger?

Could you imagine if message boards were around back in the 80's and early 90's -

This is BS. Ricky Steamboat is the best wrestler in the world and WWE have him jobbing in the midcard. He should be wrestling circles around Hogan's orange ass.

Also this Undertaker character is DOA. No pun intended. How is a guy supposed to get over as a wrestling zombie? I give it 6 months before Hogan squashes him and he gets retooled or let go.

Sid sucks so bad. He only has 4 moves and 2 of them are punch and kick.

The Ringmaster? Jesus, he should have stayed in ECW! What a waste of talent.

Times have changed! Vince McMahon is old, Kevin Dunn is the devil, heels should win every feud, fans don't want to see one guy be the top babyface, yadda yadda yadda

The Virgil thing is cute but I'm so not looking forward to "fuck money" being everywhere for the next 3 months. Ok, I kinda am. Even I can't be that curmudgeonly.

Three months? People still make Who = Neidhart jokes and use the term "SuperCena" here. Fuck money is FOREVER.

• Like 2

It's amazing how quick the board reads, when you block all the sandy 'ginas.

Granted, you miss content at times, and yet you don't really miss it, y'know?

Yea well one day I'm gonna post a really cool animated gif and you're gonna have to click "Unhide this post" to see it and I'll have the last laugh.

It's still better than the dark times, when FSW and Rovert and the rest roamed freely.

• Like 5

I don't disagree with "people are impatient," but in fairness, I do think that WWE books differently than they did in the past in some ways, particularly in the midcard, and I also think that since there's so much TV, it's hard to be patient when the WWE's writing and booking can't be patient since they have to fill so much TV/WWEN content. It's not exactly the same as it was in the '80s or early '90s, and I think that it is actually important to note that. 

RE: Owens, while I'm a big fan, I think the U.S. Championship Challenge booking is really the thing that bothers me. They built up a guy to finally break Cena and take the belt off him, but they backed out at the very end on doing that. It's a shame that Cena's back in the WWE Championship picture without having finally had one of these guys gunning for him capitalize and win the U.S. Championship. Now that angle feels like it's gone on too long and is getting a bit aimless. I'd say this even if someone I didn't like were the one losing at Battleground, say Roman Reigns. 

It's still better than the dark times, when FSW and Rovert and the rest roamed freely.

I remember getting into an argument against my better judgment with Gonzalez over El Generico being a racist gimmick (which was his position).