DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

I guess it was worth actually going to Reddit to read this:

Why does CM Punk hate you?

[–]virgilAMA[S] 74 points

58 minutes ago 

not sure why he said that shit to me. but either way lets talk about him in 25 years and see if he holds up.

Daniel Bryan update!

He claims he's been cleared to wrestle by an independent neurologist (the Indy neurologists have the best workrate, after all), but WWE is still hesitant to clear him.

"Bryan stated that a neurologist in Phoenix, who worked for the NFL during SuperBowl weekend, cleared him."

Haha, the only thing more crooked than a rudo lucha referee is an NFL doctor.  

Where does a CONCACAF ref fit in to this crooked list?

Looks like New Japan is gonna be on A TV for a while

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/press-release-axs-tv-re-signs-new-japan-pro-wrestling-to-a-multi-year-deal-details

AXS TV FIGHTS SIGNS MULTI-YEAR AGREEMENT WITH TV ASAHI FOR HIT SERIES ‘NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING’

LOS ANGELES – July 23, 2015 – AXS TV FIGHTS today announced a multi-year agreement with TV Asahi to continue to air the hit series NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING (NJPW), which first premiered on the network in January. As a part of the agreement, AXS TV adds 17 additional episodes to its current season, bringing the total number aired in 2015 to 42.

Starting Aug. 14 through the end of the year, NJPW episodes feature matches from Destruction in Kobe, King of Pro-Wrestling 2014, Power Struggle 2014, World Tag League 2014, Wrestle Kingdom 9, Fantasticamania 2015, The New Beginning in Osaka 2015 and The New Beginning in Sendai. Former UFC heavyweight champion and NJPW veteran Josh Barnett and renowned combat sports commentator Mauro Ranallo, will continue to provide their critically acclaimed commentary for the series.

In the past 12 months, AXS TV expanded its Friday night combat sports and professional wrestling programming line-up, adding the hour-long NJPW series at 9 p.m. ET along with two new promotions, CES MMA and Legacy Kickboxing, to its weekly, live AXS TV FIGHTS broadcasts at 10 p.m. ET. The network is on pace to broadcast 41 live MMA, Muay Thai and Kickboxing events this year, the most in its history and more than any other U.S. television network in 2015.

Additionally, in the past year AXS TV FIGHTS has increased its global presence with agreements to broadcast its combat sports events in over 15 countries, including live broadcasts of Resurrection Fighting Alliance to the Fight Network in Canada and Legacy Fighting Championship to Esporte Interativo in Brazil.

Also read: Press Release - ​AXS TV Extends NJPW For 12 New Episodes - Details Inside Here

“With this multi-year agreement, AXS TV is poised to offer a more diverse combat sports and professional wrestling programming line-up than any other TV network, offering an exciting mix of exclusive live events, New Japan Pro Wrestling and MMA news coverage,” said Andrew Simon, CEO of AXS TV FIGHTS. “We are humbled by the viewer’s and media’s response to Mauro Ranallo and Josh Barnett’s commentary and presentation of the series and are excited to continue to work with our great partners at TV Asahi and NJPW for years to come.”

Sorry, a few more highlights:

[–]LackingDatSkill 2 points

an hour ago 

How many suplexes would you deliver to Brock Lesnar before he gives you a million dollars to stop?

[–]virgilAMA[S] 5 points

21 minutes ago 

probably 4-500 easy

[–]sammydavisjr99 1 point

an hour ago 

Hey Virgil, how did it feel to be Ted DiBiase's slave for so long?

[–]virgilAMA[S] 5 points

34 minutes ago 

Django unchained

[–]CLint_FLicker 2 points

an hour ago 

What's your favourite dinosaur?

[–]virgilAMA[S] 0 points

40 minutes ago 
  • Like 1

So much of WWE's product just does nothing for me nowadays, one way or the other.  I can't bring myself to get worked up about it since it wouldn't really make a difference.  Fortunately, there's enough wrestling to watch that there's no reason to dwell on one promotion.  Yes, I should probably quit watching, but God knows I've got some kind of mental disorder or whatever the hell it is.

Same with me. Between LU,ROH,NJPW on AXS and Paragon Pro on POP I get my weekly wrestling fix. Gave up on WWE not long after WM this year. And while there will be a good match on Raw once a month or so,it isn't enough to get me to even bother DVRing the show and FFing thru most of it.

I must have missed it; why's Kevin Owens fucked, other than "because pretend reasons?"

Because the conclusion of the Owens-Cena feud felt like that moment that happens several times a year where WWE realizes they need to keep Cena super strong at the expense of whoever he is fighting.

On top of coming out on the losing end of the feud, on Raw, Owens was part of the Lesnar-Taker pull apart, which (a.) separated him from the big time players who got to sit it out and  (b.) was completely out of character for him.

To top it off, Owens was thrown into a dumb six-man Raw main event.

and the rumblingzzz 

I'm bummed that New Japan doesn't have an English-language Roku or PS4 app for NJPW World. I don't have or want cable, so it's hard to keep up with some of these other companies. I've found that I prefer my weekly wrestling rather than waiting for DVDs or doing a bunch of binge watching of current companies. 

So much of WWE's product just does nothing for me nowadays, one way or the other.  I can't bring myself to get worked up about it since it wouldn't really make a difference.  Fortunately, there's enough wrestling to watch that there's no reason to dwell on one promotion.  Yes, I should probably quit watching, but God knows I've got some kind of mental disorder or whatever the hell it is.

Same with me. Between LU,ROH,NJPW on AXS and Paragon Pro on POP I get my weekly wrestling fix. Gave up on WWE not long after WM this year. And while there will be a good match on Raw once a month or so,it isn't enough to get me to even bother DVRing the show and FFing thru most of it.

I just watched the first episode of Paragon Pro Wrestling that I recorded.  It'd got a WOW feel so I'm falling in love with it.