DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

So much of WWE's product just does nothing for me nowadays, one way or the other. I can't bring myself to get worked up about it since it wouldn't really make a difference. Fortunately, there's enough wrestling to watch that there's no reason to dwell on one promotion. Yes, I should probably quit watching, but God knows I've got some kind of mental disorder or whatever the hell it is.

I feel like you've posted this a few thousand times.

Well, you're an asshole, yet you keep feeling the need to remind people about that.

• Like 3

This is amazing. Camp WWE y'all. Lifted from the Observer:

Executive Producers Seth Green, Matthew Senreich, Eric Towner and John Harvatine and casting directors Ruth Lambert and Robert McGee are looking for voice over work for the taping of "Camp WWE" cartoon for the WWE network. The shows will be taped on 8/9 in Los Angeles and all those doing voice work will be paid $906. It will be a non-union shoot. The characters are very much an interesting twist because it so much involves the reality of the organization right now. The head of the camp is Vince McMahon, who is supposed to be 50 years old, a big brash, egomaniacal billionaire as well as a loving father who hates complaining campers and ass kissing subordinates, but loves money and power and is always thinking of new ways to run down his competition. The character is described and scripted with this line that you'll just love: "Clearly, the most intelligent character on the show." Triple H, also called Hunter, is a 14-15 year old Co-head camp counselor, tough and intimidating, a vindictive prankster who is always trying to get the respect of Vince McMahon and always trying to win the love of his daughter. He considers himself to be highly intelligent "but still has a long way to go." Stephanie is the other Co-head camp counselor, 14-15 years old. She has all of her father's traits, arrogant, intimidating, ruthless, but lacks the maturity to get the job done. She tries to run the camp but runs to her father at the first sign of trouble. "She's beautiful, bold, confrontational and fearless." John Cena plays an eight year old, the "most adorable, cheery, upbeat boy scout type," a cute goody two-shoes who will do anything to bring happiness to other campers. But even though he's a great kid, he's a polarizing figure at the camp who is sometimes used by others to do their dirty work and annoys people because he never gives up at anything and is always trying to inspire others. Undertaker is the scariest eight-year-old, a large gothic kid obsessed with death and mystical powers. His character is based on, you'll love this, Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy with a touch of Satin thrown in. Big Show is a big, dumb and gentle eight year old. He's both childlike and monstrous in size. He doesn't understand his own strength, nor the meaning of any word with more than two syllables. They want him to be an eight-year-old Homer Simpson. Mark Henry is "African American" (thank God for that), who loves girls and food. He brags that he knows everything about women, except it comes out he knows nothing about women, but he's the strongest eight-year-old in the world. Hulk Hogan is a camp legend who is huge, powerful and charismatic, but tired from being old and being from a different era, but he still tries to connect with everyone by calling them "brother." Brie Bella is cunning, cute and sneaky. Nikki Bella is the tomboy of the twin sisters, and has the best body of all the women campers. Sometimes they switch places on unsuspecting campers. Ric Flair is five years older than everyone else in camp, rides in limos and jet planes, is cocky, always styling and profiling, and he's the dirtiest kid in camp who shocks Vince McMahon with stories of his sexual conquests. The comedy is when they make the rich kid live in the wild with nature, so he's the pampered rich kid character being taken out of his environment. R-Truth is another African-American, who is neither big nor bright, but he's funny and drives people crazy with his misguided theories on why things are what they are, but he's also the most gullible camper who always gives you second and third hand information that is almost impossible to believe, which is ironic because his name is "Truth."

Is this supposed to be for kids or adults? The whole thing sounds like it's supposed to be for children, but then at the very end they throw in a line about Ric Flair's sexual exploits.

That's why it would be the greatest show of all-time. John Cena would overcome the camp bully without resorting to violence. And say, "See gang? Look at what we can accomplish through the power of positivity!"

And then Ric Flair would pop in and say, "Woo! I just tongue-punched your Mom's rusty wagon wheel! Woo!"

I'd watch forever.

• Like 4

This is amazing.  Camp WWE y'all.  Lifted from the Observer:

Executive Producers Seth Green, Matthew Senreich, Eric Towner and John Harvatine and casting directors Ruth Lambert and Robert McGee are looking for voice over work for the taping of "Camp WWE" cartoon for the WWE network. The shows will be taped on 8/9 in Los Angeles and all those doing voice work will be paid $906. It will be a non-union shoot. The characters are very much an interesting twist because it so much involves the reality of the organization right now. The head of the camp is Vince McMahon, who is supposed to be 50 years old, a big brash, egomaniacal billionaire as well as a loving father who hates complaining campers and ass kissing subordinates, but loves money and power and is always thinking of new ways to run down his competition. The character is described and scripted with this line that you'll just love: "Clearly, the most intelligent character on the show." Triple H, also called Hunter, is a 14-15 year old Co-head camp counselor, tough and intimidating, a vindictive prankster who is always trying to get the respect of Vince McMahon and always trying to win the love of his daughter. He considers himself to be highly intelligent "but still has a long way to go." Stephanie is the other Co-head camp counselor, 14-15 years old. She has all of her father's traits, arrogant, intimidating, ruthless, but lacks the maturity to get the job done. She tries to run the camp but runs to her father at the first sign of trouble. "She's beautiful, bold, confrontational and fearless." John Cena plays an eight year old, the "most adorable, cheery, upbeat boy scout type," a cute goody two-shoes who will do anything to bring happiness to other campers. But even though he's a great kid, he's a polarizing figure at the camp who is sometimes used by others to do their dirty work and annoys people because he never gives up at anything and is always trying to inspire others. Undertaker is the scariest eight-year-old, a large gothic kid obsessed with death and mystical powers. His character is based on, you'll love this, Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy with a touch of Satin thrown in. Big Show is a big, dumb and gentle eight year old. He's both childlike and monstrous in size. He doesn't understand his own strength, nor the meaning of any word with more than two syllables. They want him to be an eight-year-old Homer Simpson. Mark Henry is "African American" (thank God for that), who loves girls and food. He brags that he knows everything about women, except it comes out he knows nothing about women, but he's the strongest eight-year-old in the world. Hulk Hogan is a camp legend who is huge, powerful and charismatic, but tired from being old and being from a different era, but he still tries to connect with everyone by calling them "brother." Brie Bella is cunning, cute and sneaky. Nikki Bella is the tomboy of the twin sisters, and has the best body of all the women campers. Sometimes they switch places on unsuspecting campers. Ric Flair is five years older than everyone else in camp, rides in limos and jet planes, is cocky, always styling and profiling, and he's the dirtiest kid in camp who shocks Vince McMahon with stories of his sexual conquests. The comedy is when they make the rich kid live in the wild with nature, so he's the pampered rich kid character being taken out of his environment. R-Truth is another African-American, who is neither big nor bright, but he's funny and drives people crazy with his misguided theories on why things are what they are, but he's also the most gullible camper who always gives you second and third hand information that is almost impossible to believe, which is ironic because his name is "Truth."

Silverman%252520meme_thumb%25255B3%25255

Are we just gonna ignore this amazing typo? 

• Like 3

So much of WWE's product just does nothing for me nowadays, one way or the other. I can't bring myself to get worked up about it since it wouldn't really make a difference. Fortunately, there's enough wrestling to watch that there's no reason to dwell on one promotion. Yes, I should probably quit watching, but God knows I've got some kind of mental disorder or whatever the hell it is.

I feel like you've posted this a few thousand times.

Well, you're an asshole, yet you keep feeling the need to remind people about that.

That didn't take long to get out of hand.

• Like 2

Are we just gonna ignore this amazing typo? 

Well yes... when its an unclipped quote box inside another unclipped quote box...

Quote Box Inception if you will...

• Like 3

Daniel Bryan update!

He claims he's been cleared to wrestle by an independent neurologist (the Indy neurologists have the best workrate, after all), but WWE is still hesitant to clear him.

"Bryan stated that a neurologist in Phoenix, who worked for the NFL during SuperBowl weekend, cleared him."

Haha, the only thing more crooked than a rudo lucha referee is an NFL doctor.  

• Like 1

I knew of what the show was going to be like, but reading that summary on Camp WWE holy shit.  I could easily watch this.  It's like a tame attempt at South Park, but you also get office politics in animated form.  There's going to need to be a top-notch writer/voice actor for Vince to get across how realistic this is going to be.

Daniel Bryan update!

He claims he's been cleared to wrestle by an independent neurologist (the Indy neurologists have the best workrate, after all), but WWE is still hesitant to clear him.

Meaning he's going to cost Cena the title at SummerSlam, but the E doesn't want that out there yet. 

Daniel Bryan update!

"Bryan stated that a neurologist in Phoenix, who worked for the NFL during SuperBowl weekend, cleared him."

Haha, the only thing more crooked than a rudo lucha referee is an NFL doctor.  

More crooked, you say?

dr-amann.jpg

I had to.

• Like 2

Oh my god...

"This is wrestling superstar Virgil. I have been in the game for so long and now it is time to share my skills with the world. I am all about that FUCK MONEY and want to get it cooking with my homeys. I can't wait to talk about all that good shit and maybe we will roll to Olive Garden after bitches cause I know your hungry for Big Virg."