DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

Kinda reeks of riding Sheik's coattails a bit, but it's still hilarious

I think we need to give Virgil more credit for doing basically a Rasheed Wallace CTC gimmick the way he does. If WWE ever does another "overpaid primadonna athlete" gimmick like MVP again, they should have whoever gets that gimmick read Virgil's Twitter feed for inspiration.

My gimmick table at Wrestlecon New Orleans was right next to Virgil. Hearing him work for seven hours was magical. Dude is a hustler through and through and every time he got a big fish he would look over at me and smile and nod.

• Like 8

This is a weird question, but how is he legally able to be "Virgil" now, wouldn't that be WWF intellectual property?

like WWE honestly gives a shit if Virgil uses that name or not.

So...anyone with the new Daniel Bryan book yet? Any notable stories?

Eziekel Jackson is a fuckwad, apparently, and loves to take aisle seats from the rookies.

Has anyone seen Sunny's facebook post about Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch being "buttafaces" and Charlotte having "a little talent"? Bwhahahaha.

While I tell you all that you should be following Virgil on twitter, I would be remiss if I did not also say that you should be following Rip Rogers @Hustler2754.

I've lost count of how many times I've asked him stuff on twitter and gotten responses or just got a pop from him by showing him some ridiculous gif of him & Adrian Street in a match from 1986 Continental.

There's a scene in the Attitude Era where Evil Undertaker has kidnapped Austin, and he and Paul Bearer have him tied up in the back. The following exchange happens:

Taker: "We're going to embalm him."

Bearer: "Alive?"

Taker: "We're going to embalm him... alive."

Remains one of my all-time favourite bits.

Reminds me of this exchange:

Mahalik: I heard Jamal from 90th street watched that tape last week and this mornin' he woke up dead!

CJ: How the hell do you wake up dead?

Mahalik: Cause' you're alive when you go to sleep.

CJ: So you're telling me you can go to bed dead and wake up alive?

Mahalik: You can't go to bed dead! That shit would've been redundant.

CJ: No it would'nt cause' you can go to bed and not be dead, and you can die and not be in the bed.

Mahalik: But you are in the bed. That's how you wake up dead in the first place fool!

CJ: Damn! that's some quantum shit right there man! You should be teaching classes!

Only good part of Scary Movie 3

Bray Wyatt and Kevin Owens is the best hypothetical Lethal Lottery tag team not wrestling today.

If they ever did a Lethal Lottery, a main of Wyatt/Owens v Cena/Cesaro would be something I'd be interested in for sure.

This is a weird question, but how is he legally able to be "Virgil" now, wouldn't that be WWF intellectual property?

like WWE honestly gives a shit if Virgil uses that name or not.

Figured as much, just thinking out loud

My gimmick table at Wrestlecon New Orleans was right next to Virgil. Hearing him work for seven hours was magical. Dude is a hustler through and through and every time he got a big fish he would look over at me and smile and nod.

I see so many people talking shit about him and his gofundme thing that just do not get it at all. The people trolling the hell out of him on twitter have no idea they probably helping him work his hustle.

Yea but he's not the dude going home without getting any. Virgil the twitter superstar is way more entertaining to me than Virgil the wrestler/bodyguard/belt holder ever was.

I also like how butthurt he made Sam Roberts about signing his Million Dollar Belt without being asked and then charging him $80 for it when Roberts never even wanted his signature on it to begin with.

• Like 1

I was watching WCW and my dad was in the room with me and Virgil came out for a match. It was right when he had dropped the Vincent name, so Schiavone explained how now he was going to wrestle under his real name, Mike Jones. Heenan, without missing a beat, goes 'Mike Jones? What's his dad's name, Tom Smith?' My dad burst out laughing before stopping for a second and saying 'wait, that doesn't really make sense' and going back to his paper.

• Like 5

I was watching WCW and my dad was in the room with me and Virgil came out for a match. It was right when he had dropped the Vincent name, so Schiavone explained how now he was going to wrestle under his real name, Mike Jones. Heenan, without missing a beat, goes 'Mike Jones? What's his dad's name, Tom Smith?' My dad burst out laughing before stopping for a second and saying 'wait, that doesn't really make sense' and going back to his paper.

ohhh man. Going back to the "shitty angles you love" part of the thread from a couple days ago, I've gotta elect him going into the office of "The Powers That Be" and pitching them his new gimmick: Shane. Just because it's the dumbest, pettiest, Russo-est thing of all time

Bray Wyatt and Kevin Owens is the best hypothetical Lethal Lottery tag team not wrestling today.

Stereo fat man sentons = pop from me. 

They need to bring that back and make the drawings totally random. I want to see Brock Lesnar and Zack Ryder face off with Big E Langston and Rusev. Put it on the Network,