Any Which Way But Loose

Car Wash

2 Mules For Sister Sarah

Mclintlock

Chisum

Tenspeed & Brownshoe

Walking Tall

Final Chapter: Walking Tall

These are just off the top of my head. I have no idea why they skipped Walking Tall 2

James

• Like 1

As i mentioned On our Dusty pod, we had a rotor on our TV antenna, so we could get Baltimore, Philly, Lancaster/York and sometimes DC and NJ tv. So in mid 80s, we got both wwf shows, both nwa shows, world class, and later UWF and even IWCCW.

Rotor? Must be nice Mr Money Bags. We had to go outside and manually spin the pole our rooftop antennae was attached to in order to catch WWF Challenge on WREX out of Rockford, Illinois . (Bare foot and always in the snow too.) There was so much syndicated wrestling when I was a kid. Superstars, Challenge, AWA, UWF, GLOW, and POW. Tom "Rocky" Stone had his own Indy promotion that was on a low power UHF station out of Milwaukee too. I didn't get NWA until I got cable in 1990.

The worst is when you would go to put on Saturday Night and the fucking Braves game would be in extra innings.  I waited all week to watch at 6:05, and you run this fucking bullshit!!!  Fuck that.  

Well, my favorite was when the Braves were out west so I'd still get WCW SN at 6:05 and then the Braves right after.  That's how I became a Braves fan in the first place.

What else did TBS run in the early 90s besides wrestling and baseball? I feel like they just had marathons of the Three Stooges and Andy Griffith.

they showed a lot of movies like I could wake up in the middle of the night and start watching fucking Conan so basically it was the greatest channel ever.

• Like 2

TBS after wrestling on Saturday meant your choice of the following movies:

Beastmaster

The Osterman Weekend

The Sons of Katie Elder

The Octagon

A Man Called Horse

Any Which Way But Loose

Car Wash

2 Mules For Sister Sarah

Mclintlock

Chisum

Tenspeed & Brownshoe

Walking Tall

Final Chapter: Walking Tall

These are just off the top of my head. I have no idea why they skipped Walking Tall 2

James

You skipped over Beast Master.  They aired that one so often I assumed Marc Singer was one of Ted Turner's illegitimate kids, and Turner was trying to seed Singer's trust fund with residual checks.

• Like 1

The worst is when you would go to put on Saturday Night and the fucking Braves game would be in extra innings.  I waited all week to watch at 6:05, and you run this fucking bullshit!!!  Fuck that.  

Other people would probably find it strange that I can sing the Captain Planet theme song without ever having watched an entire episode.

Similarly, I will never forget the name Orlando Wilson.

• Like 2

You skipped over Beast Master. They aired that one so often I assumed Marc Singer was one of Ted Turner's illegitimate kids, and Turner was trying to seed Singer's trust fund with residual checks.

Beastmaster 2 seemed to be on at least one channel every time I watched TV for my entire childhood.

Wow. Orlando Wilson. That brings me back. Couldn't end his show sat mornings at 9. Had to drag it out to 9:04.

My dilemma was always whether to watch Superstars or All American wrestling which were on at the same time.

Best part of growing up in Minneapolis was Saturday Wrestling programming. AWA at 10 AM, WWF was on at 11 AM and a different show at Noon. Tha mothaship at 6:05, then SNW (Saturday Night Wrestling) hosted by Mick Kartch, which was a block of WCW followed by WCCW (and later USWA).

• Like 2

I remember TBS in the early aughts aired The Drew Carey Show all the time, very underrated sitcom if u ask me.

It was a great show up until I think the 5th season. Drew gets the girl he's always wanted (screwing over his friend in the process). She doesn't want kids, their marriage falls apart and the show lingered on for another season or two. I think around that time Drew Carey went Improv crazy and did a bunch of live Improv episodes for the show and it was like ehhh.

Nicki his one again and off again girlfriend. Then he married that stripper in the last season, and she had a baby in the series finale. To me the show suffered once Chirsta Miller who played Kate left early in season 8 to join the cast of Scrubs (another great show). And it's ok to talk about The Drew Carey Show in the wrestling thread cuz Drew Carey was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

• Like 3