DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

Daniel Bryan isn't being cleared because WWE is worried about concussions lawsuits. He's a huge liability for them now because he's had so many concussions that I think they are at the point where they don't believe he can wrestle without getting another.

The more you get the more susceptible you become and that's the same reason they essentially retired Christian against his will. He kept getting a concussion, they'd let him heal and pass the tests and then he'd come back and within a few weeks he had another.

After finishing Bryan's book, it's pretty clear he is going to wrestle til he physically falls apart. WWE or no.

When HBK called him to see if he had any interest in coming back to the WWE, Shawn said "I know your one of those starving artist types" and Bryan was really proud of that. It's wrestling over everything for that guy.

More Daniel Bryan stuff!!!!!

He says the WWE may never clear him, but he guarantess he will wrestle again "somewhere".

Source? Or is this from the same made-up interview from the other day?
That interview was also real, settle down.

If I'm mistaken, I apologize, but I'm pretty sure the interview where he said he was retired was false.

And if it was true, and this is true as well, then I'm truly confused.

The interview was real, many of the headlines were reading more into it than was there. He was basically saying (as he is saying now) that WWE may never let him wrestle there again. The new piece of information today is that he's still very game to wrestle somewhere else.

Man, I can honestly feel for D-Bry.  I've obviously never come close to the heights(or the talent) that he achieved, but I had to stop wrestling and accept another role in the local groups I work with due to injuries piling up.  There isn't a day that goes by where I don't get the itch and wonder "will my back hold up for a few more matches".  It's almost impossible to get it out of you.

Doesn't that totally go against most of HHH's NXT high profile signings??

His vision for NXT is not necessarily his vision for WWE, though. He's running it for a hardcore audience.

Really, though? He's just picking up majorly experienced guys who know how to work, have very well developed in-ring personalities and are guaranteed to be able to bust out solid matches with anyone, and come with the added bonus of having this "underground superstar" aura they can push, which I'm sure clicks with most casual viewers.

On the one hand I think it's super cool to have like, FCW, but with its own (non-local) TV and PPVs, but at the same time it's a total reification (hypercommercial imitation) of independent wrestling which is the opposite of independent, inevitably dumbs down and sanitizes everything, and is making friends of mine post like, screenshots of the first Joe/"Owens" stand-off like it's some groundbreaking shit and NXT is the best thing ever.

It's just a way to draw indy fans to WWE, and most of all just sign awesome, crisp, solid workers with years of experience and firmly established ring presence.

The way they are handling NXT is really smart-- using it for both developing talent, and for a brand that takes market share from the indies and other non-WWE options.

Kind of like how the big brewers reacted to the craft beer movement, putting out their own fake craft brands like Blue Moon.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-divas/divas-you-forgot-existed-photos

WWE stuck Tiffany and Brooke Adams in a "Divas You Forgot Existed" gallery. I'm surprised they didn't throw Maria in as well. 

Brooke fits more than Tiffany. I also thought Jackie Gayda, Tori & Ryan Shamrock didn't really fit the theme since they actually were involved in stuff on TV. Almost all of the rest of them got a "who?" even out of me.