DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

Maybe that should have been a tell tale sign that comment wasn't about you and instead about the two pedantic posts that immediately followed my original one.

But you can see where he might be confused, right? Since you...quoted him. And not those posts.

Not really no, because usually I don't assume people are accusing me of shit I didn't do when I know I didn't do it.

I watched that video of Cena fulfilling that kid's wish again and I thought really, though a John Cena heel turn would result in some entertaining TV for a while, it's really selfish of me to want to see him turn heel for entertaining TV when he does so much good for so many kids. John Cena should never turn heel. He should basically be Sting: a face the bulk of his career. Anytime I think about WWE TV getting stagnant with Cena on top, I'm going to watch that video and look at that kid's face when he gets in the ring with Cena and go "Nah, he shouldn't turn heel".

But at some point, a Cena heel turn is inevitable. He can't stay on top forever. Even Hulk Hogan's popularity slipped to the point where a heel turn was necessary to keep his career going. If it can happen to the Hulkster, it can damn sure happen to Cena.

I watched that video of Cena fulfilling that kid's wish again and I thought really, though a John Cena heel turn would result in some entertaining TV for a while, it's really selfish of me to want to see him turn heel for entertaining TV when he does so much good for so many kids. John Cena should never turn heel. He should basically be Sting: a face the bulk of his career. Anytime I think about WWE TV getting stagnant with Cena on top, I'm going to watch that video and look at that kid's face when he gets in the ring with Cena and go "Nah, he shouldn't turn heel".

But at some point, a Cena heel turn is inevitable. He can't stay on top forever. Even Hulk Hogan's popularity slipped to the point where a heel turn was necessary to keep his career going. If it can happen to the Hulkster, it can damn sure happen to Cena.

I doubt we'd have seen Hogan turn heel if he'd stayed in WWF. Hogan's circumstances don't really match up that well when you factor in him going to WCW and the fact that he did almost nothing to keep himself fresh. Cena has at least been trying to add some new moves into his arsenal even if they've been somewhat questionable. He also took himself out of the spotlight for a while which is another thing Hogan never did.

• Like 1

I don't think Cena's even a heel to the vast majority of people at this point. I think he's a face that the crowd gets on because that's what happens when you go to a wrestling show that Cena is on and are a male above the age of twelve. Like, they chant "John Cena sucks" during his music because that's what you do when he comes out, but it seems more affectionate than anything, as when people chanted "YOU SUCK!" to face Kurt Angle and then cheered him in the ring. Likewise, they cheer for Cena and appreciate him as a wrestler, particularly now that he's wrestling this bomb-throwing style that he has adopted full force and that pleases that aspect of the crowd.

• Like 2

Cena might have a heel turn in him, but not until WWE succeeds in finding his replacement as the top face.

This. Maybe if the Roman Reigns experiment had worked out it'd be more realistic to expect it to happen but it's not going to happen any time soon now. They learned their mistake from the Austin turn.

It gets said every time the topic comes up, but to many of the people clamoring for a Cena heel turn, he's already a heel.

And this too. I don't even know what a John Cena heel turn is supposed to accomplish except to really fuck up merchandise sales. The people who boo him now are going to start cheering him the second he turns heel without rushing to go buy his shirt.

• Like 2

If nothing else, Enzo could be a good manager type.

Fuck that. Enzo has way more upside than that. Guys with that much charisma only come around once in a generation. And he's getting better in the ring, slowly but surely. Anyone that has him topping out as a manager are in for a rude awakening.

• Like 1