DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

Virgil is such an unrepentant scumbag.  He does that shit he did to Sam Roberts all the time.  It's probably the only way anybody would give him any money for his autograph.  The worst thing is he does it to little kids too.  Asks them if they want an autograph like he's offering it for free cause it's a little kid, quickly signs something, and then tells the parent to give him money for it.

Oh he got me too. He charged $15 for a picture at the Legends of Wrestling fanfest in 2010. I took a pic and only had a $20. He said he didn't have any change so he took a xeroxed copy of a WWF magazine cover with him and DiBiase on it, autographed it and said he'd throw that in for the extra $5. I didn't really want it but didn't feel like arguing the point. It felt strange that he would charge $15 for something but not have any five dollar bills so I watched his table from afar and saw him do that to at least 4 or 5 other people.

• Like 2

My gimmick table at Wrestlecon New Orleans was right next to Virgil. Hearing him work for seven hours was magical. Dude is a hustler through and through and every time he got a big fish he would look over at me and smile and nod.

I've been telling people this for over a decade now. Dude never paid for a meal or a drink or a bump to first class in a 2 week Alaskan tour.

• Like 1

Should I know this Sam Roberts guy?

He works on the Opie Show, also has his own radio show, and in addition to that, hosts a wrestling podcast oftentimes with the adorable Katie Linendoll. And is a good guy all around.

• Like 2

I feel like Bayley recognizing the danger inherent in hugging heels is a violation of natural law.

Disagree I see it has her learning from past experiences. now the Bella's should have responded by saying they're make sure Foxy didn't but then when so does BAM foxy kicks her anyway

Virgil is such an unrepentant scumbag.  He does that shit he did to Sam Roberts all the time.  It's probably the only way anybody would give him any money for his autograph.  The worst thing is he does it to little kids too.  Asks them if they want an autograph like he's offering it for free cause it's a little kid, quickly signs something, and then tells the parent to give him money for it.

Oh he got me too. He charged $15 for a picture at the Legends of Wrestling fanfest in 2010. I took a pic and only had a $20. He said he didn't have any change so he took a xeroxed copy of a WWF magazine cover with him and DiBiase on it, autographed it and said he'd throw that in for the extra $5. I didn't really want it but didn't feel like arguing the point. It felt strange that he would charge $15 for something but not have any five dollar bills so I watched his table from afar and saw him do that to at least 4 or 5 other people.

got me back in like the late 90s.  Him and the million dollar man shook me down.  It sucked.  I think it was only 10 bucks, but that was a lot.

Is there a Sam Roberts story that I missed that makes him a douche? He always seems like a genuine and affable dude.

It's cool to hate things on the Internet and call people names they don't deserve if you don't enjoy their content.

• Like 1

Back in the early days of AIW, Lawler was supposed to come in and work for the evening, but something happened. He ended up cutting a promo via speakerphone next to the house mic. It was easily the best part of that show. By like, a wide margin. 

My gimmick table at Wrestlecon New Orleans was right next to Virgil. Hearing him work for seven hours was magical. Dude is a hustler through and through and every time he got a big fish he would look over at me and smile and nod.

I've been telling people this for over a decade now. Dude never paid for a meal or a drink or a bump to first class in a 2 week Alaskan tour.

At one of those NWA Legends conventions in Charlotte in 2008 I watched him crash a wedding that was happening in the same hotel. He did take a free photo while filling up his plate.

• Like 3

I feel like Bayley recognizing the danger inherent in hugging heels is a violation of natural law.

She clearly isn't the female Sting we thought her to be.

Even Sting, occasionally, needed to be talked into helping Flair.

So who's the new Wyatt?

Eli Cottonwood?  Bull Dempsey?  Bully Ray?

Far more interesting if they turned someone already on the roster into a Wyatt. 

Option A) Damien Sandow.  Has a beard, has a cool first name, and is down on his luck so Wyatt could convince him that Wyatt could give him the spark he needs to turn it around.  Plus, Damien and Bray could talk philosophically together.

Option B) Sheamus!  Has a beard.  Could be the most interesting thing Sheamus does in his entire WWE career.  Downside: Sheamus face turn when he inevitably splits.

Option C) Goldust!  Goldust mentally breaks when his father dies, Wyatt takes him under his wing, and we get fired up Cody Rhodes as Stardust trying to break Goldust out of Bray's clutches.  Plus Dustin and Harper as a tag team seems like they'd be totally bad ass. 

I'm sure they'll go with Option D - the big dude in the Ascension.

• Like 2