DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

Has Hulk Hogan's WCW contract and its many many perks ever been leaked? Fuck the WWE announcer notes, I bet that's the read of a life time

Its just 26 pages of your username over and over

And at the very end, just the word "bandanas."

needs more "brother" in there

Has Hulk Hogan's WCW contract and its many many perks ever been leaked? Fuck the WWE announcer notes, I bet that's the read of a life time

Its just 26 pages of your username over and over

And at the very end, just the word "bandanas."

needs more "brother" in there

Don't forget the occasional "dude" and "jack."

• Like 2

People really forget how well Cole sold just how big this was for Mick Foley. Cole throwing in the bio info while talking up the title win did a lot for the moment. 

Ross was feeding him every word through his headsets though.

It's like you guys already forgot about Cole on NXT.  That was Cole unleashed.  He's far more concerned with getting his shit in than getting the wrestlers or match over.

And Don West is another guy that's good because of sheer enthusiasm.  Not at first but he had to call a lot of confusing garbage.  The Hog too.  That guy didn't have a clue what he was doing but he added some much needed color to ROH's bland presentation.

"One, Hogan needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Hulk Hogans not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Hulk"? Three--"

Sadly, this is probably pretty close,

• Like 4

I think we need a David Crockett-type in the booth. Sure, he wasn't the most skilled color commentator, but he was genuinely thrilled/glad/excited to be there and interested in the wrestlers themselves. He was actually one of my favorite things about my NWA '87-'89 re-watch from a couple years ago. He was like Don West except much more genuine, IMO. 

As far as Hogan's contract goes, we all know about his Creative Control that gave him immense power over his angles but I never knew about the 50% live show merch cut Hogan got. Kevin Sullivan has touched on this during his MLW podcasts and it blew my mind to hear that The Hulkster got HALF over ALL merch sold at events.

Then there's stories about guaranteed bonuses due to ratings, even Big Boss Man got a $35,000 bonus for PPVs being above a 1.5 which was why Bischoff started using him more in mid-96. Fucker was getting $$$ to stay at home!

Announcers should dress well and sit up straight? OUTRAGE!!!!

Well, they clearly don't enforce this.  Exhibit A: Jerrry Lawler

They handed this to Lawler and he started doodling on it before changing into his blingy t-shirt.

VKM's not completely wrong though.  I really don't care what Michael Cole thinks.

I don't know why WWE insists on a 3-man booth.  It really adds nothing.  It's already competitive and confrontational enough with just two guys at the desk but that's the environment they've fostered for years.

A three-man booth can work if the announcers have clearly defined roles and they work together. In IWC (Pittsburgh), we had a three-man team of me on play-by-play, Joe Dombrowski as the face color guy and Kingdom James as the heel color guy. We all played our roles and played off each other, and it worked. 

How can Hogan possibly be struggling for money now?

Divorce, brother.

Too Cold Scorpio and Robert Fuller together couldn't have reamed Hogan worse than Linda's lawyers did.

It's funny cuz they have big wieners 

• Like 2