DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

Forbes website contributor isn't REALLY main stream press (not to mention that article could appear pretty much word for word on 411mania.com)

No, but Forbes is an investor based news source. For a publicly traded company, that's no bueno.

I don't see that smarky shit parading as investor news being the type of article that is really going to make the stock price go up or down. Most likely people who read Forbes regularly could see the difference between actual news and what that article is.

But I have weird opinions on announcers and think pre-WCW crushing his soul Schiavone was the best US pbp ever.

Schiavone was really good for a while. Looking back, it's pretty amazing how he held that team with Dusty and drunk Heenan together for so long.

And he was still hilarious when he stopped giving a shit for good in 99. I'm amazed he didn't shoot-snap working with an even drunker Heenan and eventually Mark Madden and Stevie Ray, or that Vince Russo didn't concoct a worked-shoot version of that happening.

• Like 1

You gotta love how Vince's announcer notes direct WWE announcers to read a Joey Styles edited website.

(Even if it is just WWE.com)

Also, Joey Styles has been employed by WWE for almost a decade now.

Isn't the deal that Vince loves him for being really right-wing?

Isn't the deal that Vince loves him for being really right-wing?

Well that's what Cornette says.

I generally trust Cornette but even I think it's just speculation/assumption on his part (albeit based on him knowing/having worked with these guys).

I don't think Vince is much for politics himself. He might want his taxes low and resent things like the steroid investigation, but I doubt he gives a fluting fuck about the political side of it.

...OK, that was supposed to be flying fuck, but I'm leaving it that way

• Like 4

I'm not so sure about that. Partly because I thought he DID have Bischoff in his ear at least part of the time feeding him lines (most notably the Cactus Jack butts in seats line from 1/4/99) and partly because I really didn't mind Bischoff himself when he called the early years of Nitro.

Everything I've seen about Bischoff suggests he was pretty hands-off when it came to the actual details of the show. He might've fed Tony a line or two like that, but I think that's worlds apart from what Vince does to Cole & co.