DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 TV THREAD

RIPPA

The first act of the Mr. Robot pilot really grabbed me but the third act was kinda eh.  I blame the 90 minute runtime and solidly plan to catch tonight's ep.

I will keep watching Suits in the hope that Harvey finally slugs the shit out of Louis Litt.

Laurence Fishburne will be Alex Haley in A&E's whatever it is they are doing with Roots

Oh, Dear Lord...  Something else that will make me angry at white people for a month?  Coming to work every day already does that.

Just looking at the cover of the DVD box for 12 Years A Slave makes me rage.

Laurence Fishburne will be Alex Haley in A&E's whatever it is they are doing with Roots

Oh, Dear Lord...  Something else that will make me angry at white people for a month?  Coming to work every day already does that.

Just looking at the cover of the DVD box for 12 Years A Slave makes me rage.

On behalf of white people everywhere, let me assure you that we don't want Fishburne either. 

• Like 1

Shingo Yamamoto (still with perfect attendance), Toshihiro Takeda and Makoto Nagano were there. Unfortunately, they did not do all that well and all failed the 1st Stage. Katsumi Yamada is no longer competing but he has a group of guys he trains for the show called the Black Tigers.

Someone I know was a competitor so I was able to go to the taping in May. Got some autographs while I was there.

sasukecards1.jpg

• Like 1

(I'm currently one episode behind what has aired) I'm enjoying it, but it has been up and down. Donna's been the MVP of this season, mostly because Joe hasn't been given much to do and Cameron has spent most of the season having emotional breakdowns. But, really, Donna is great. Cameron casually inventing the modern gaming industry has been a little weird. Gordon continues to be Gordon, so unlikable, but in kind of a perfect way. He's super into smoothies right now, which kind of tells you everything about his character.

I do find my enjoyment of the show varies greatly episode to episode, but I thought the same way last season too. Last year played a lot better when I watched it again in a binge and I think that will be the case again with this season.

That doesn't seem like a premise you can stretch out for more than a season, much less 5-7 seasons.

Many critics said the same thing about The Following...

...and were proven horribly, horribly right given how awful the second and third seasons were.

A.D. The Bible Continues has been cancelled by NBC.

If I feel sorry for anyone, it's those poor people who sell TVs at Walmart, who had to listen every 2 minutes to the exact same "Hello Walmart, I'm Roma Downey..." commercial for three months.

• Like 1

The Untold History of the United States documentary series by Oliver Stone is playing on Showtime right now. Book is better, but doc is equally heavy. Despite what you might think about Stone it's worth the watch more than any Ken Burns miniseries I've seen.