DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 PHOTO THREAD

11781746_10153451568461328_6746293494152

It just occurred to me that, with that look, pro wrestler may be the best socially acceptable job Mark Briscoe can get.  Honestly, if he showed up at our company looking for a job, I'd probably ask security to lock the doors and have the staff stay inside until he was gone.

CLBsUP9UkAAABFL.jpg

After 27 times, Itami finally passed his driver's test.

Truly a sight to behold. A man beaten. The once great champ, now, a study in moppishness. No longer the victory hungry stallion we've raced so many times before, but a pathetic, washed up, aged ex-champion.

• Like 1

If Finn ever figures out how to be as charismatic in the ring as he is in photos, he might actually manage to rise above "trades wins with Stardust" level when he gets to the main roster.

I don't disagree with you at all, but to be fair, the main roster should learn to make guys feel like a big deal rather than just throw them out there and see what happens. Hell, I was invested in Balor as a babyface more from watching his special with all the Japan and ICW footage and Becky crying and him building Lego than I was from anything that happened on NXT TV. This HBO 24/7 style presentation could be a huge positive change in the way guys are introduced and put over-- it just seems to me, especially with the Network and 5 hours of weekly TV, to be the natural evolution of pro wrestling character development. Sorry for the rant but I just don't wanna see the guy get screwed cause he doesn't have the acting chops for a Ziggler-esque love triangle.

If it were possible to mine someone's smile and turn it into a gimmick, they'd totally have something with Finn. That shit-eating grin of his is awesome.

• Like 1

If Finn ever figures out how to be as charismatic in the ring as he is in photos, he might actually manage to rise above "trades wins with Stardust" level when he gets to the main roster.

I don't disagree with you at all, but to be fair, the main roster should learn to make guys feel like a big deal rather than just throw them out there and see what happens. Hell, I was invested in Balor as a babyface more from watching his special with all the Japan and ICW footage and Becky crying and him building Lego than I was from anything that happened on NXT TV. This HBO 24/7 style presentation could be a huge positive change in the way guys are introduced and put over-- it just seems to me, especially with the Network and 5 hours of weekly TV, to be the natural evolution of pro wrestling character development. Sorry for the rant but I just don't wanna see the guy get screwed cause he doesn't have the acting chops for a Ziggler-esque love triangle.

No worries, I was mostly referring to Finn's lack of personality during his matches. He comes off as very mechanical to me.