DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - JULY

Dolfan in NYC

Dee Gordon scored an ITP HR yesterday.  

He made it around in 14.3 seconds(!!!)

http://www.businessinsider.com/dee-gordon-inside-the-park-home-run-record-2015-7

And the hacked emails revealed that the Astros refused a trade last year with Miami for Stanton. The deal would have been GS for Correa and Springer. 

The Tigers are closer to last place in the AL Central than first place.

Yeah...could be a loooooong winter for them. I'd seriously consider trading Cespedes and Price if they're still scuffling after the break. Shit farm system, lots of payroll tied up for the next three years, very tough division....kind of reminds me of Boston a year ago.

RA Dickey isn't very good, is he? Was a stupid trade when it happened and has only gotten worse with time.

IT can't be something as obscure as the altitude in Toronto being different than in Flushing and it screwing with his knuckler, could it?

RA Dickey isn't very good, is he? Was a stupid trade when it happened and has only gotten worse with time.

IT can't be something as obscure as the altitude in Toronto being different than in Flushing and it screwing with his knuckler, could it?

The Knuckler is a harsh mistress. A better question might be is why Wakefield and Kniekro were able to do it so long. . . .

It's not like Wakefield was actually good for most of his career. He had like two good years - his rookie season and one year with Boston. And that rookie season raised expectations and bought him a world of grief in Pittsburgh when he couldn't duplicate it. Kinda like Dickey is getting for not matching his Cy Young year.

I like this new bit where we don't spell knuckleballers name's right

Kniekro

Wakefoeld

OOPS, didn't notice until you pointed it out, spending too much time in the NBA threads I guess. . . 

Well he's a guy that throws 200+ innings a year and has had decent numbers while throwing junk balls in a launching pad. I wouldn't have done that trade. I think you could have gotten something better than Dickey but he's done his job

His value has been ever so slightly above average (1.7 and 1.6 WAR for his two years in Toronto) and his numbers have dramatically taken a turn for the worse compared to his two seasons in New York before the Cy Young year (just look at that FIP!). I'm going to guess that's not what Anthopoulos had in mind when he acquired him. Now he's completely shot and he's signed for another year at $12 million. 

Team option for next year. Trade like that is what it is. Had the Jays won the World Series when the scribes were all but handing them the trophy after the Marlins trade then no one has this conversation. Alex went all in that year but you get what you get when you rely on Josh Johnson and Brendan Morrow lasting a whole season

Team option for next year. Trade like that is what it is. Had the Jays won the World Series when the scribes were all but handing them the trophy after the Marlins trade then no one has this conversation. Alex went all in that year but you get what you get when you rely on Josh Johnson and Brendan Morrow lasting a whole season

I'm not even a big Jays fan but thank goodness for that. Do you think they move one of the big bats for pitching this month?