DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

I love that there's a guy on the PPW roster called Darin Corbin. And apparently that's his real name.

The guy from North Star Express and slo-mo match fame?

Yes.

I've never quite considered AJ a homegrown TNA star, though I'm not sure he doesn't qualify either.  To a large degree, he had already broken through in ROH and would probably have ended up a big star with them if he hadn't jumped to TNA.  I'd guess Roode and Storm are the best answers.  Storm seemed poised to become a singles star right after the Beer Money breakup.  Then... TNA, I guess.  Got undermined by lousy booking and never got back to the same level.  Monty Brown is the only other name that really jumps to mind and he never really got the push he deserved either,

TNA's not paying to be on Pop.  None of the wrestlers knew about the Pop deal until it got announced.

I think they're supposed to do one of the India shows live (to tape, I guess) and the Pop debut is being advertised as live too so I'd imagine the rest of the stuff that's already been taped is going to get packaged up as One Night Only PPVs.

Gunner suddenly got a lot more interesting to me

Gunner ‏@TNA_GUNNER  Nov 12

Sorry to hear @realjoshmathews is getting replaced on Impact. They replaced me with a one legged man. Join the club.

Gunner ‏@TNA_GUNNER  6h6 hours ago

Just think. I could have been on the TV Guide channel.

That's not the real Gunner.  His Twitter handle is GUNNER_ChadLail.

Mathews isn't being replaced but if he was they should get Mongo McMichael.  Mongo, Pepe, Pope, and Lil' Pope on Pop.

Saw today that TNA had their World Title tourney all taped and ready to air, then decided to re-shoot the semi-finals live in India, so they might re-book it.

In case you were wondering, the winner of the original set of tapings was rumored to be

Bobby Lashley

Anything bacon-related already has more valuable content than TNA.

And the idea of TNA suddenly becoming the #2 promotion because they're on the former TV Guide channel is fucking hilarious. 

The only #2 TNA is at this point is the same kind of #2 left in a toilet.

I am apathetic towards TNA but it's just funny that this exact post could have been posted a year ago, 2, 3, 4, 5, all the way to 10 years ago, and probably was

it's the little cockroach y'all just love to keep hating

I just received an email from the venue announcing that TNA will be running the Sands Event Center in Bethlehem, PA for the live debut on POP.  They will be taping other Impact episodes all that week (Tuesday through Thursday), then more tapings on Friday and Saturday for international tv and One Night Only pay-per-views.

I just received an email from the venue announcing that TNA will be running the Sands Event Center in Bethlehem, PA for the live debut on POP.  They will be taping other Impact episodes all that week (Tuesday through Thursday), then more tapings on Friday and Saturday for international tv and One Night Only pay-per-views.

I am sure there will be a giant crowd for FIVE STRAIGHT days at the same venue

I am sure there will be a giant crowd for FIVE STRAIGHT days at the same venue

Are they taping until fucking June?  Jeez, I guess the cost cutting is really serious.  

Most likely they will be taping until the end of January.

They have the UK dates at the end of January - so I assume they will be taping 6 weeks worth of shows there

Yes, they've done two sets of multi-day tapings at the Sands in the past.  I went to both nights of the first set and enjoyed myself.  They raised prices for the second set and there was no way I was going to get that much enjoyment out of it so I didn't bother.  This time around, prices have dropped to $25 and $10.  Will probably go to a couple since I don't get POP TV.

TNA will be announcing shortly that the scheduled 12/2 to 12/4 tour of India has been canceled.

Talent that had been booked on the tour were contacted more than two hours ago stating the tour is now off.  TNA had planned the semifinals of its world title tournament as well as a live PPV in India during the three nights.

TNA claimed to talent the tour was being postponed to 2016.  

Talent was told the tour was canceled due to safety concerns.  They were scheduled to leave this weekend.  Everyone is scrambling now to find bookings for this weekend on short notice.

The tour was being promoted by TNA's broadcast partners, Sony Six, and TNA had already done advanced work for the tour as well as spent months pushing Mahabili Shera for its partners.