DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

Meltzer made a great point about the stupidity of this Team Challenge Series.   Matt Hardy decided to give up the title because he thought the months and months of the company without a world title would be terrible for TNA.  So they decide to create a tournament that unless they chop the hell out of the pre-taped matches are going to run for about 2 or 3 months    :lol:

• Like 1

Ive been offline for 4-5 weeks while I moved into my new place.  I totally expected TNA to be dead by now.

In the true spirit of Halloween its a horrible, horrible monster that consumes the souls of all that come near it and refuses to die.

• Like 1

TNA is more like the guy that shows up at your Halloween party wearing the $20 Robin Thicke Beetlejuice costume from two years ago and won't leave after everyone else is gone.

I hope thats howard stern beetlejuice and not michael keaton beetlejuice.

• Like 2

I just realized the true genius behind Ethan Carter III.

This was Bob Carter's way of ensuring that his name is as far away from this crap as possible. I assume that Dixie's kayfabe brother would be Ethan Carter II and her kayfabe father would be Ethan Carter I. 

I imagine that he just deflects at cocktail parties by saying, "I have no daughter named Dixie. Do you not watch the program? Her father is clearly some schmuck named Ethan Carter."

• Like 4

Meltzer made a great point about the stupidity of this Team Challenge Series.   Matt Hardy decided to give up the title because he thought the months and months of the company without a world title would be terrible for TNA.  So they decide to create a tournament that unless they chop the hell out of the pre-taped matches are going to run for about 2 or 3 months    :lol:

Didn't this happen to them once before?  I could've sworn the world title was held up because the champion was injured and the ensuing tournament ran so long that the injured former champion was back before the tourney was over.

Happened with the tag titles this year: Eddie Edwards was injured so the Wolves vacated. Then they had a tournament the was won by the Hardys, only Jeff broke his leg motorcycling, so they had a five match series between the Wolves and the Dirty Heels for the belts.

I think it did happen with the World's as well though.

Also don't forget that the reason EC3 went to court was 'he felt Dixie stacked the odds of the match against him' But now he's in a round Robbin tournament followed by a single elimination tournament with requires him to wrestle at minimum seven matches four of which would be win or go home.

Also don't forget that the reason EC3 went to court was 'he felt Dixie stacked the odds of the match against him' But now he's in a round Robbin tournament followed by a single elimination tournament with requires him to wrestle at minimum seven matches four of which would be win or go home.

Yes, but the argument can be that everyone else is in the same boat in the tournament, and thus it's fair.

Yes, but the argument can be that everyone else is in the same boat in the tournament, and thus it's fair.

Only in pro wrestling is wrestling seven times in some gigantic tournament a better option than simply trying to win the inevitable rematch.

• Like 1

Only in pro wrestling TNA is wrestling seven times in some gigantic tournament a better option than simply trying to win the inevitable rematch.

Happened with the tag titles this year: Eddie Edwards was injured so the Wolves vacated. Then they had a tournament the was won by the Hardys, only Jeff broke his leg motorcycling, so they had a five match series between the Wolves and the Dirty Heels for the belts.

I think it did happen with the World's as well though.

Ah.  Yep, that was it. 

Eddie: Guys, I'm hurt

TNA bookers: cool, let's vacate the belts and have a tournament.  Tournaments are awesome.  We loved mania 4!

Eddie: Well guys the good news is we have enough TV taped that I'll be back in the ring by the next set of tapings so we're good.

TNA bookers: fuck it, vacate anyway!

What an amazing company.

Didn't this happen to them once before?  I could've sworn the world title was held up because the champion was injured and the ensuing tournament ran so long that the injured former champion was back before the tourney was over.

2010. Abyss "injured" RVD (used up all his contract dates I think), title was vacated and a tournament was held. RVD returned to face Abyss at BFG the same night that the tournament final crowned the new champ in Hardy/Anderson/Angle.

I wonder if guys like Storm or Joe ever experience survivor's guilt after leaving TNA, like other people who live through terrible accidents.

I bet AJ Styles goes into NJPW booking meetings where they speak in Japanese and it makes more sense to him than a TNA booking meeting where they speak in English.

Most of the roster is on food stamps as well, so again a turkey really does out weight the World title.

Brilliant. Bloody likes limit!

• Like 1

I know, in that top pic, a "T" is just around the corner, but I like to imagine that the production crew messed up on their "Impac" logo.

TNA, why can't you fuck up just a little worse?