DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

They wanted to put the NWA Title on Raven but he refused to sign a contract cause that's so Raven.  Doesn't excuse Jarrett beating an army with his hands tied behind his back though.

TNA's "WrestleMania" is next week, everybody.  Reducing their live PPV schedule to two a year has worked out real well cause they've taken the time to build each one up proper...oh, wait that's not what's happened at all.

No TV tapings scheduled for immediately after BFG.  They've probably got enough random unseen matches along with BFG highlights and B-roll footage to splice together something good enough for a few weeks.  They should really change a title on one of their house shows and build an Impact around showing highlights and interviews based on that.  I expect them to go back to the Manhattan Center in November to tape enough TV to get them through January cause just flushing the money down the toilet would be too easy for TNA.

• Like 2

Looking at the TNA website - they have a One Night Only Taping on Oct 30. I could see that becoming shows

IMPACT WRESTLING returns to New Orleans on the Hardcore Halloween Tour for one incredible high-flying, hard-hitting, pulse pumping special Pay-Per-View event as cameras will be rolling to capture One Night Only: Battle of New Orleans, which will broadcast in the United States and in more than 120 countries around the world. 

WHEN:
Friday, Oct. 30, 2015
Time: 7:30 PM (Doors Open: 6:30 PM)
WHERE: 
UNO Lakefront Arena, 6801 Franklin Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70122

TICKETS: 
On Sale now at Ticketmaster.com or call 800-745-3000.

SEE IN ACTION:
Steel Cage Match Main Event:
Kurt Angle vs Eric Young

Steel Cage Match Knockouts Main Event:
Gail Kim vs Awesome Kong

Tag Team Title Match:
The Wolves vs EC3 & Tyrus

King of The Mountain Title Match:
Bobby Roode vs Matt Hardy

Monster’s Ball Match:
The Monster Abyss vs Robbie E

Plus more of your favorite TNA Stars, including a special appearance by Jeff Hardy and Sergeant Chris Melendez.
*Card Subject to Change

Jarrett was booked as a dragon slayer (I think that was an old Jerry Jarrett thing. Have a babyface slay all the heels). Might have worked with Lawler in Memphis, but in 2003 people were clamoring for something else.

That is not how Lawler was booked. He never would have survived what Jarrett did in that match. Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin could not have survived that.

I dunno ... Hogan (oh, and Savage too) fought them 8 dudes that one time. That was pretty ... y'know, I'm gonna go with "egregious." That was pretty fuckin egregious.

They did not handcuff Hogan, bludgeon him with a chair, do a super kick conchairto and ddt him in the span of a few minutes.

TNA had plenty of chances to capture lightning and have a company that would possibly make a decent amount of money. God, if I really wanted to I could go year by year thinking about all the times they had that chance and chose to either not do anything or go out of their way to spite the fans because the fans wanted something different.

The earliest one I can think of was Raven debuting and him never winning the world title when he was scorching hot. Jarrett was booked as a dragon slayer (I think that was an old Jerry Jarrett thing. Have a babyface slay all the heels). Might have worked with Lawler in Memphis, but in 2003 people were clamoring for something else. But yeah they've had so many chances. Way more than they deserved.

1. I agree with you 100%

2. Let's not compare Jeff Jarrett and Jerry Lawler. 

3. I think that the eventual book free e-pamphlet that will be written about TNA will be about chances that were there and blown to pieces. It's almost unbelievable. 

Some anger at TNA relates to the fact that they were so inept they basically blew any other companies chance of being "#2", cementing the WWE as pro wrestling. It is a hard point to argue.  

FTFY

I was just reading the BFG card.  This match stands out:

Abyss vs. Aiden O'Shea vs. Chris Melendez vs. Eli Drake vs. Jesse Godderz vs. Mahabali Shera vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Robbie E vs. Tyrus in a Gauntlet match with the winner getting a future shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Title

Basically all these guys are fighting for nothing.  

Jarrett was booked as a dragon slayer (I think that was an old Jerry Jarrett thing. Have a babyface slay all the heels). Might have worked with Lawler in Memphis, but in 2003 people were clamoring for something else.

That is not how Lawler was booked. He never would have survived what Jarrett did in that match. Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin could not have survived that.

I dunno ... Hogan (oh, and Savage too) fought them 8 dudes that one time. That was pretty ... y'know, I'm gonna go with "egregious." That was pretty fuckin egregious.

Using 1996 WCW to defend TNA is damning with faint praise indeed. . . . 

I'm going to bask in the fact that LU out carnied TNA.

LU didn't benefit financially in any way and came off like dicks with how they handle talent.  I guess being the bigger asshole in a situation involving TNA is something.

• Like 1

Has LU ever refused to pay the medical bills of someone injured in their ring? Or promised someone who was nearly crippled in their ring a job for life, only to fire them shortly thereafter? Because those are things TNA has done. More than once.

I had a dream about TNA last night.

I was a debuting wrestler who was set to interrupt an in-ring segment where Kurt Angle was leading a stable full of ex-WWE guys. I made my entrance and attacked Kurt in the ring. The only problem? No one told Kurt I was coming out so when I started throwing worked punches, he just looked at me and went "WTF dude?"

I was a debuting wrestler who was set to interrupt an in-ring segment where Kurt Angle was leading a stable full of ex-WWE guys. I made my entrance and attacked Kurt in the ring. The only problem? No one told Kurt I was coming out so when I started throwing worked punches, he just looked at me and went "WTF dude?"

Dude, that actually happened.  You're working Robbie E at Bound for Glory.

• Like 2

Has LU ever refused to pay the medical bills of someone injured in their ring? Or promised someone who was nearly crippled in their ring a job for life, only to fire them shortly thereafter? Because those are things TNA has done. More than once.

They've only had one season.  Give 'em time.

And TNA's dickishness doesn't absolve LU of theirs.  Dick moves don't cancel out like football penalties.  They accrue like points.  So LU got one for their handling of Hernandez.  And then TNA handled it by firing the wrong guy so they got one as well.

Major announcement teased for Monday cause their biggest PPV of the year isn't the night before and doesn't need the hype.

• Like 1

I just thought it was a dream because I never received a paycheck from TNA. 

Will someone make sure Robbie E knows I'm coming? 

Does it really matter?

Does it really matter?

I might be able to land an NXT deal man! 

Don't you see where I'm from? Florida will be looking good in a couple of months.

• Like 1