DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

RE: Terrell and Kong. 
They say they aren't going anywhere but they have already taped until the end of July. They have one more taping that will take them to the end the glory days of Destination America. No house shows, nothing else. So whats the difference between "I am under contract" and "I will show up for one more set of tapings"? 
And good luck with that 5 show invasion angle. That'll put asses in seats. 

I feel bad for guys like Masters and Benjamin who seemed to deliberately avoid working TNA all these years only to end up in it anyway. I don't mind Jarrett but you get the impression he's been working people at every turn (as mentioned in the earlier thread, he was saying in interviews just last week that his in-ring career was pretty much over and that he wouldn't be wrestling in GFW - only a week later he's the only 'GFW wrestler' who's had a match on TV and now he's their first title holder). Is it too early to start with GFW's gonna GFW?

A feud for control of the Database could be awesome.  Do it as Civil War type of deal.  GFW wants everyone to sign up for the Database and give control over to the machine, but TNA sees the danger of letting a mindless, soulless, vapid entity run a wrestling company.......they saw this with Russo, Bischoff, and Dixie.  At the end have Kurt Angle come back and suplex the shit out of Matt Morgan dressed as a robot, and maybe work a dinosaur in there.  I mean, it would at least improve the television.    

• Like 5

Dixie didn't tell DA about the invasion storyline, even though there was a network rep at the taping last week. They gave the rep a phony copy of the format to keep it a surprise. Honestly, a Bigfoot Hunter invasion would be a better storyline right now. TNA vs DA at least has had an awesome build for six months.

• Like 1

I await the re-signing of Vince Russo any day now. That's the loophole they've been waiting for.

Jeff Jarrett could sign him for GFW, so he technically wouldn't be a TNA employee. DA couldn't possibly object that, could they?

• Like 1

I think the only thing that can save this Invasion is if they sign Steve Austin, turn him heel, and have him lead the GFW Invaders.  Otherwise I just don't see it working.  

OMG, and Kirk Angel is already RIGHT THERE!

• Like 1

It's just crazy that TNA/GFW are existing in this weird alternate wrestling dimension where worked shoots, and working your employees, and hot shotting titles/angles are still the way to go. These people have never gotten out of the late 90s-2000s. 

I can't believe I was initially kind of hyped for GFW, when they did the NJ PPV, brought JR in, they were talking about scooping up some decent indie talent and then it was all just a Jarrett / TNA rouse this whole time.

This is worse than that time I paid Jeff Katz money on Kickstarter.

Or that time I traded my car for some magic beans.

• Like 2