DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

I did this because of the following blurb from Meltzer today

--Some of the TNA talent that is gone, is actually being transferred as part of an invasion angle.  The expectation is that any TNA talent who is in GFW, James Storm in particular, would be on TNA TV somewhat soon.  There may be other transfers.  We've got a major story on this in the next issue.

So I am just mashing everything together

Wasn't there a blurb that if Jarrett can legit buy TNA and rebrand it as Global Force (just get Dixie and her people the hell out of the company), they would be open to resigning them come September? Unless they plan to redo the death of World Class when the USWA took it over, guys going from TNA to Global makes no sense what so ever.

I saw Bob Ryder saying something about a couple of them on Twitter, something to the effect that he has no idea why people would say they're gone from TNA when they have months left on their deals. I thought to myself, NO ONE is this deluded. It has to be an angle.

How does an invasion angle work? Global Force has had what.. one show? Doesn't there have to be a collection of wrestlers who are known as Global Force talent to defend the honor of the promotion?  Doesn't there have to be Global Force fans who give a crap that another promotion is invading "their" brand?

I don't get it.

• Like 2

James Storm of GFW invades TNA's Impact Zone.

Announcers implode, from uncertainty over whether to say "WE KNOW WHO THAT IS!" versus "HE DOESN'T EVEN WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!"

• Like 4

How does an invasion angle work? Global Force has had what.. one show? Doesn't there have to be a collection of wrestlers who are known as Global Force talent to defend the honor of the promotion?  Doesn't there have to be Global Force fans who give a crap that another promotion is invading "their" brand?

I don't get it.

Same here.  I can't see what either company has that would be worth invading for - or defending the promotion against invaders, for that matter.

I'd guess TNA wants Global's roster, but they couldn't afford to pay them.  And TNA's roster is pretty thin at this point.  If anyone really wanted TNA's talent, they'd probably have signed them by now.

Maybe Global wants TNA's pile of debt so Toby Keith can get a tax write-off.