DVDVR Message Board

Battleborn - NOT A MOBA!!!!

I plamn on switching characters a ton in the campaign, but right now I think Benedict (the half-man half-Eagle with a rocket launcher and can fly) will probably be my main, until they show someone with a shotgun.

• 1 month later...

I honestly don't get it, since we voted Borderlands 2 game of the year on this board. To me, this looks very close to Borderlands 3. I don't quite get what is turning people off about the game.

Because it's a MOBA

But seriously - I think it is just a matter of 

A.) It's not a Borderlands game. It can be the same people, same game play, same humor... etc... but it isn't the same characters/universe. That is going to lead to a more wait and see approach with I think most folks.

B.) speaking for me personally - it's hard for me to think of any game (outside ME4) beyond Fallout 4. I don't have the time to play everything relatively soon after it's release. And with Fallout 4 - I know I am investing at least 3 months into that game (and that isn't counting anything I get for Christmas).

Yeah, the reality is that Fallout 4 might be the most hyped video game of all time, it's made by as good of a developer as there is, and it's literally seeming like a perfectish game. Any game within a 3 month window of Fallout is going to be completely lost on the hype train to me like games that came out during Mass Effect 2 and 3, except arguably even more so.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Poor poor games that Fresh loves

I have a difficult time believing that Blizzard will not find a way to fuck up Overwatch and that Battleborn will eventually gain traction.

That being said, I really don't give a shit about any upcoming games other than ME Andromeda right now so it is hard for me to get excited or sidetracked by anything else.

• 3 months later...

So, my girlfriend and I love playing split screen co-op on BL2. We both don't care for playing online with other people. Is this gonna be worth it considering all we'd play would be the single player campaign?