DVDVR Message Board

Beer recommendations

Mike Campbell

1 hour ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Untitled Arts are doing really, really good work. But in my market their sours are pretty limited and you're only gonna find them at stores that are actively ordering them as soon as they hit the warehouse. Most of those sours are gonna be one-offs, so don't fall in love.

UA's big move is probably their hard seltzers, believe it or not. They're far and away the best hard seltzers I've ever drank, not that I advocate spending 17.99 on a six pick of 5% abv bubbly water w/ fruit puree as a habit. But if anyone wants to treat themselves, if anyone wants to see the pinnacle of this strange new craze, it's out there to be found.

I've had a couple of UA's IPAs, and they're kind of the same thing in the one offs and they kind of let you know through numbered variants.

I've been the total opposite on the drinking front, and I'm not super proud of it. I probably drank more frequently during the pandemic (keep in mind, Alabama didn't go as extreme on the lockdowns as many. The craft beer bar I go to was even doing drive through service for growler fills and to go cans), but I've had a lot of life things happen and haven't coped the best in the world. I'm also the heaviest I've ever been in my life as a result (never thought I'd break 200 and am pushing 225). I'm no the mend even if things are still as stressful as ever. 

• 9 months later...