DVDVR Message Board

Exile on Badstreet Episodes Thread

KrisZ

clash17.png

Kris & David are joined by Pete Stein (Death Valley Driver Video Review) to discuss the week that was November 17-23, 1991. We discuss Randy Savage getting bitten by a snake, Atsushi Onita crying over All-Japan, the ULTIMATE Dragon, Ricky Steamboat returning to WCW, and the formation of the Dangerous Alliance. A very fun entertaining show so again a must listen!!!!!!

http://placetobenation.com/between-the-sheets-18-november-17-23-1991-with-pete-stein/

tumblr_m8ts9mpZjX1rar9bno1_500.png

Kris is joined by Dylan Hales (Wrestling Culture) & Kevin Cerrutti (AWA Wrestling Historian Khawk) to discuss the career of Nick Bockwinkel. We go in depth about all the trials and tribulations of Nick’s career especially all the places he went as AWA Champion truly making it a world title. We also go over all of the great opponents he faced as champion and talk about his legendary tag team with Ray Stevens and partnership with Bobby Heenan which turned the AWA on it’s head. We also talk about some lesser known angles in Bock’s career especially one involving Gordon Solie which is a must listen. Sit under the learning tree with us because this is a must listen.

http://placetobenation.com/exile-on-badstreet-19-the-life-times-of-nick-bockwinkel/

bigjohn.jpg

Kris & David are joined by Brian Last (6:05 Super Podcast) to discuss the WEEKS that were November 24-December 7, 1985. The reason we did two weeks is because we had enough material that way plus to make up my error from the previous show in pimping the next show. We discuss all of the Thanksgiving shows from around the United States, Billy Jack Haynes and his reliability, UWF guys coming home to New Japan, a historic mask match in Mexico, Gordon Solie vs. Nick Gulas & Mario Savoldi, & Big John Harris which spawns a movie recommendation that EVERYONE MUST WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timestamps:
0:00:00 Jim Crockett Promotions
0:45:39 Japan: NJPW & AJPW
1:05:50 International: Stampede Wrestling & Mexico
1:19:04 Western Territories: AWA, Central States, Texas All-Star, & WCCW
2:15:43 Eastern Territories: Continental, Florida, Memphis, & Mid-South
2:58:30 WWF

http://placetobenation.com/between-the-sheets-19-november-24-december-7-1985/

Loving the breakdown of John Harris in Bachelor Party. My personal pick for Tom Hanks best movie. Side note: I used to use Tom's bus announcements as part of my college radio show.

Other random fact - Richfield Collesium is now a grassland habitat. You wouldn't know an arena used to be there other than the road opens to 4 lanes from 2. It's where I got my lifer Henslow's sparrow.

• Like 1

Smoky-Mountain-Wrestling.jpg

Kris is joined by Dylan Hales (Wrestling Culture) & Tim Noel (Wrestling Power) to discuss the first two years in the history of Smoky Mountain Wrestling…1992 to 1993. We talk about all the major angles and matches that took place in this time period and the overall greatness of a promotion that arguably may have been the best promotion in the United States in the 1990’s. This show is an important history lesson for anyone that wants to get into SMW!!!

http://placetobenation.com/exile-on-badstreet-20-bluegrass-brawlin-the-history-of-smoky-mountain-wrestling-part-1/

• Like 1

clash17.png

Kris & David are joined by Pete Stein (Death Valley Driver Video Review) to discuss the week that was November 17-23, 1991. We discuss Randy Savage getting bitten by a snake, Atsushi Onita crying over All-Japan, the ULTIMATE Dragon, Ricky Steamboat returning to WCW, and the formation of the Dangerous Alliance. A very fun entertaining show so again a must listen!!!!!!

http://placetobenation.com/between-the-sheets-18-november-17-23-1991-with-pete-stein/

Follow up thought on this ep as I just re-listened:

- Big Bully Busick as a cop would only be better if he dressed up like a Keystone Cop.

As mentioned the Richfield Coliseum, here's the google maps to it.  You can street view it.  When I wrote about it, I think I described it like the Talking Heads song Nothing But Flowers.

My Henslow's Sparrow pic:  

12342804_914122895307527_680992750596857

Kris & David are joined by Phil Schneider (Segunda Caida) to discuss the week that was December 1-7, 1992. We discuss hell freezing over as Jerry “The King” Lawler signs with the WWF and how that affected the USWA. We also talk about Carlos Colon & Genichiro Tenryu making their Royal Rumble debuts along with Rick & Scott Steiner coming into the WWF. We then talk about the greatness of 1992 All-Japan and the even more greatness of the New Japan vs. WAR feud. Mexico, US Indies, WCW, and a lot more is also talked about among other musings that will make you think and or disgusted!!!!!!!!!!

Timestamps:
0:00:00 WWF
0:48:10 Japan: AJPW, FMW, NJPW, NOW, WAR, & JWP
1:34:52 Mexico: AAA, EMLL, & UWA
1:53:57 Other USA: GWF, Potpourri, SMW, & USWA
2:27:15 WCW

http://placetobenation.com/between-the-sheets-20-december-1-7-1992-with-phil-schneider/

Smoky-Mountain-Wrestling.jpg

Kris is joined by Dylan Hales (Wrestling Culture) & Tim Noel (Wrestling Power) to discuss the first two years in the history of Smoky Mountain Wrestling…1992 to 1993. We talk about all the major angles and matches that took place in this time period and the overall greatness of a promotion that arguably may have been the best promotion in the United States in the 1990’s. This show is an important history lesson for anyone that wants to get into SMW!!!

http://placetobenation.com/exile-on-badstreet-20-bluegrass-brawlin-the-history-of-smoky-mountain-wrestling-part-1/

Here I was all set to link the awesome street fight interviews to the thread and the clip is gone from YouTube. So disappointing because those interviews were fucking MANLY, especially the Stud Stable one.

Dutch: "Me and mah good friends Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden..."

Fuller: "AH LOVE YOU TOO DUTCH!"

Dutch: "Ah love you guys!"

I CANNOT believe you never heard the Smothers/Klan story. That was hysterical.

12246626_517855251725636_827804328982140

Kris & David are joined this week by Pete Lederberg (WFIA) to discuss the week that was December 8-14, 1988. We discuss the debut of Jim Herd and the exit of Dusty Rhodes from the NWA, the total disaster of Super Clash III with some wild stories before the show even happened, the complete awesomeness of Tatsumi Fujinami, and the incestual relationship of Memphis, Continental, & Knoxville wrestling in 1988. Plus as a special bonus, Pete tells some great Wrestling Fans International Association stories from the early 80’s including the full history of the famous Eddie Gilbert/Tommy Rich breakup angle from Memphis TV in 1984 which Pete was part of!!!!

Timestamps:
0:00:00 WCW
0:49:34 AWA
1:20:46 International: NJPW, Stampede, & EMLL
1:47:32 Other USA: Continental, FCW, CWA, PNW, Potpourri, & WCCW
2:26:09 WWF (and WFIA discussion)

http://placetobenation.com/between-the-sheets-21-december-8-14-1988-featuring-pete-lederberg/

I finally finished the Bockwinkel episode after a 5 hour stocking shift this weekend and that was terrific work guys. Despite the length of it I felt like there was no down time and even a good amount of stuff late in the episode that you could have expanded on. The amount of info you brought to the table in one recording session was truly impressive. I never realized what an elite level king maker Bock was, but after listening to that episode it's obvious he was one of the best. I'm also going to make sure to watch those Robinson matches.

bts22.jpg

Kris & David are joined by Al Getz (WHOO Wrestling) to discuss the week that was December 15-21, 1995. We venture into an extremely busy week in WWF featuring an In Your House, TV Tapings, new blood in the company, and a tremendous bit on the saga of Laura Brevetti, her secret husband Marty Bergman, Emily Feinberg and more McMahon steroid trial goodness. We also talk out about the 1995 Tokyo Sports Awards, Stu Hart Tribute Show in Calgary, Promotion Wars in Mexico, Steve Austin finding himself, Brian Christopher & Scott Bowden’s awesomeness, Madusa debuting on Nitro and other WCW wackiness. Also we have the Ultimate Ultimate and our thoughts on Dan Severn among others so a MUST LISTEN!!!!!!!!!

Time Stamps:
0:00:00 WWF
1:34:38 Japan: Awards, IWA, RINGS, FMW, NJPW stars in Germany
2:00:43 Canada & Mexico: Stampede, AAA, & EMLL
2:44:40 UFC: The Ultimate Ultimate
3:09:55 Other USA: ECW, Potpourri, & USWA
3:36:28 WCW

http://placetobenation.com/between-the-sheets-22-december-15-21-1995-with-al-getz/

bts23.jpg

Kris & David are joined by Dylan Hales (Wrestling Culture/The Trade Marks) making his BTS debut discussing the week that was December 22-28, 1989. We talk about Blackjack Mulligan & Kendall Windham counterfeiting money, NWA Future Stars, Japanese Awards, Larry Nelson wackiness, great stuff from Continental & USWA and one of the worst weeks of Hulk Hogan’s life. A definite listen!!!!!!!!

Timestamps:
0:00:00 WCW
1:26:33 International: Weekly Pro Wrestling awards; Germany
1:42:55 Other USA: AWA, PNW, CWF, & Potpourri
2:53:48 USWA
3:22:03 WWF

http://placetobenation.com/between-the-sheets-23-december-22-28-1989-featuring-dylan-hales/

gangstas.jpg

Kris is joined by Good Ol’ Will (Dangerous Alliance Podcast) & Tim Noel (Wrestling Power) to discuss the year that was 1994 in Smoky Mountain Wrestling. We talk about all the major angles and matches that took place during the year and how the promotion took a drastic shift in talent that really affected attendance. We talk about the rise of The Gangstas and other new stars who were on the rise as well as older ones!!

http://placetobenation.com/exile-on-badstreet-21-bluegrass-brawlin-the-history-of-smw-part-2/

• Like 1

SMW debut videos for The Thrillseekers:

The Billy Squire song is from Fast Times at Ridgement High, played when Jefferson murders the Lincoln football team because he thinks they smashed up his car

Amazingly, the Thrillseekers videos are more manly than this...

*EDIT*  I just figured it out, Memphis music videos were being directed by yaoi obsessed japanese women.

• Like 2

I think doing a Memphis blow job baby face video as a heel would be great. I think the Heartbreakers did something sort of like this in ovw as a parody. I remember part of it was them grating cheese on one of their abs.