DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown spoilers, 16th August 2013

The Natural

Honestly, Ziggler doesn't need the WWE. The WWE needs him. To me, Ziggler could very be their next Edge if they would just let him be himself.

If he weren't wrestling, I imagine he would be an actor and would show up in a Steve Carrell/Seth Rogan type of movie.

Good point. Hollywood has a real dearth of handsome actors who can convincingly portray self-absorbed dickheads...

Didn't Ziggler's brother take to twitter to blast Bill DeMott and talk about the alleged environment of sexual harrassment/abuse in developmental? I would think that would be more damaging that saying the rookies can't work a crowd.

Also, Ziggler could do a lot worse than being another Edge-type.

Ziggler is cringey at best in a pro wrestling environment, the idea that he'd be a Hollywood star is mind blowing.

I'm not saying he would be a Hollywood star or even very good at acting -- I'm just saying he would be in those types of movies. He admits to being a fan of Chevy Chase....that sorta tells you something.

And I picked Edge because I don't see Ziggler being a John Cena like "face of the company." I do see him as filling the void that Edge left and having a bigger following....not as big as Cena or Daniel Bryan or even Edge, but a large enough following. He could have that 'crossover appeal' as well that Vince McMahon seems to think is important.

Then you have Cena himself making worked shoot/shoot comments on Raw towards Ziggler saying how he's nothing.

But I guess it's cool to shit on ZIggler now.

Didn't Ziggler's brother take to twitter to blast Bill DeMott and talk about the alleged environment of sexual harrassment/abuse in developmental? I would think that would be more damaging that saying the rookies can't work a crowd.

This is what I was referring to.

Ziggler apparently has a rep for forgetting spots in matches, fwiw.

How hard is it to remember "Get hit with <insert opponent's name>'s signature move and then bounce around a lot"?

It doesn't seem hard to remember "keep your mouth shut about your employer or have fun making peanuts on the indy circuit," but a lot of people seem to forget that as well.

Pretty fun show. Nothing was too amazing, and the 6-man tag build and match itself seemed really rushed. I have a really bad feeling about the McMahonamania angle they're building up. I do look forward to Vince being in a new crazy suit each week though. The main event angle was a bit too much, but full of amusing things.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/08/wwe-sd-8-16-13.html

Screens -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/t0lgxhex2hpkcx18hxh6aem1nlsgutmn

• Like 1

Maybe I'm too big of a fanboy or something but Bray Wyatt is the absolute best. His feud w/ Kane is well behind Bryan/Cena and Punk/Lesnar in terms of fan attention. But The Family has absolutely hit it out of the park since Day 1 and continued to do so again. Great segment.

• Like 1

Wyatt seems more like a guy play acting than anything. He also has some annoying AJ no selling. "My daddy use to love Mint Juleps. He would drink em like rain water. Oh but they made him mean. One time he acted like he was gonna slap mama, but stopped short. See for Daddy, fear was his weapon."

• Like 1