DVDVR Message Board

BEST OF JAPAN 2000-2009. DEADLINE SOON(ISH?)

ditch

Just like I added over at prowrestlingonly, I'm looking forward to digging into these matches. Going to try to watch as much as I can and to make a ballot. I needed something to get me to watch 2000s Japan and this looks to be it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sekimoto/Sasaki/Hi69 vs. Tanaka/Kanemura/Kuroda 4/28/2006

And here we have the biggest pleasant surprise of the project so far. THIS WAS INCREDIBLE!!! One of my favourite matches I've watched so far and one of the biggest reasons was fucking W*NG KANEMURA! He looks terrible, he's sleazy as all hell and he doesn't appear to give too many fucks about anything but man alive can he ever put on a great performance in a wrestling ring. Daisuke's team are all young here. Yoshihito hadn't even found steroids yet! They are big time underdogs but they fight hard and get the crowd behind them. Hi69 gets isolated by the vets and they absolutely rape and pillage his existence until he finally gets the hot tag to Daisuke who runs WIIIILD like a maniac. Daisuke and Tanaka have what I'd assume was one of their first big interactions and the chemistry is there right away. Fantastic final stretch.

Where I'll have it - Maaaaybe top 15.

Kaz Hayashi vs. Shuji Kondo 2006

I remembered this as being great, and one of the better matches of 2006. But I wasn't sure how it would hold up 7 years later. The answer is that it holds up great. Better than I remembered if anything. It's definitely a match built around big spots but it's paced really well and is never boring. Feels like a real big match. Definitely a case to be made that it's the best singles match of both guy's careers.

Where I'll have it - top 25

• 3 weeks later...

Morishima & Yone vs Akiyama & Rikio, NOAH April 1st 2007

This is BY FAR the match of the set so far when it comes to be way better than I originally thought. I remember this happening and thinking it was pretty good but not great. Well I was wrong. It's fucking GREAT. Korakuen is super hot and all four guys bring some serious intensity. I think my favourite part of this is how well they sell the fatigue (which may have been legit considering the pace these four big guys were moving at), it just adds a whole load of drama down the stretch because you feel like any move could end it. You know who was in a lot of good matches but never gets any credit? Takeshi Rikio!

Where I'll have it: Comfortably in my top 20 at this juncture. May very well stay there

Vader vs. Kawada, AJPW Feb 17th 2000

Awesome cat and mouse stuff which built to a brutal and emphatic finish. Loved Kawada stealing Vader's punches and using them against him. Unfortunately we only get three Vader appearances on the set but if the other two are as good as this one I'll be happy.

Where I'll have it: Feels like it could be around the 65-70 range.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm almost through 2003 and I've only watched the bolded matches but here are my thoughts...

Akiyama and Nagata decided that they overpaid on their dues over the better part of the previous decade and instead of a refund they will be taking it out on everyone's ass.

Kenta and Marufuji looking at Akiyama and Nagata and deciding, fuck all that due paying shit we'll start kicking ass from day one.

Liger saying...I don't know how ya'll motherfuckers do it over here, but where I'm from we don't tolerate these young whippersnappers bucking up like they run shit.  Liger might not be able to run and jump with these young guys, but he is like the old guy at the park playing basketball who fouls the shit out of you and lets you know all that running and jumping is overrated when compared to experience and the ability to kick your ass. 

I think my biggest surprise has been Kojima, who I've never really formed much of an opinion on.  He has had some really good matches and his fire/in-ring charisma are off the charts.

I just don't get Toryumon. I find it entertaining and all, but by the end it leaves me wondering what the hell was the point of all that.  The 4 team tag match with the extended corner splashes, chest slap competition, 7.1 stereo surrond sound suplexes, and the neverending submission chain, was fun, but I couldn't tell who was on what team, whether or not there were actual rules to the match, and made me wonder how the hell do they put on shows with this many people in one match? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been working my way through bits and pieces of the list, I really don't know all that much about wrestling from outside my Western comfort zone, and one of the reasons I decided to make an account here was to get involved in these type of discussions and try and learn a bit more about what I think is my favourite thing in the world ever, so I was really excited and intrigued to see what I'd make of some of the matches

Of the handful I've seen so far, the two that stood out for me were the Marufuji/Ibushi vs. KENTA/Ishimori match from the summer of '07, and particularly the Tanaka/Kanemoto vs. Ohtani/Takaiwa match. I was surprised by how much I dug the latter one because I have such a short attention span and an opening stretch where everyone just kicks the shit out of each other without really attempting any moves wouldn't usually be my thing; But I was totally on board through the whole thing, and then the finishing sequence was just amazing. Really really loved it.

MaruBushi vs. KENTAMori was just such a frenzy. Didn't quite get into it right from the get-go like I did the New Japan tag match, but once they cut loose I was just wowed. I'd seen all four guys wrestle before but I was still totally taken aback by the fluidity and speed at which they went, it was pretty amazing.

I tried some of the Kings Road-y stuff with Misawa/Kobashi/Akiyama et.al.... I don't want to say I didn't like it, because as I was watching I knew I was seeing a really really good match, but I just didn't get into it as much as I did the junior stuff. I think it's my aforementioned attention span, it stops me from truly getting hooked into lengthy matches built around submissions and strike exchanges, I need more things happening to amuse me. That said, I really liked Misawa-Kawada from I think 2000, it wasn't one of the bolded/italicised matches but I remember finding that much much more accessible.

Not sure where to go next, there's so many potential options! Some of the Michinoku Pro looks like it might be to my taste. I'm interested in seeing the Women's matches as well and seeing how stylistically different that is from what I'd consider 'quality' North American women's wrestling, the Awesome Kong-Gail Kim feud and Shimmer and what have you. This is such a fun project, I'm really pleased it got put together.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been working my way through bits and pieces of the list, I really don't know all that much about wrestling from outside my Western comfort zone, and one of the reasons I decided to make an account here was to get involved in these type of discussions and try and learn a bit more about what I think is my favourite thing in the world ever, so I was really excited and intrigued to see what I'd make of some of the matches

Of the handful I've seen so far, the two that stood out for me were the Marufuji/Ibushi vs. KENTA/Ishimori match from the summer of '07, and particularly the Tanaka/Kanemoto vs. Ohtani/Takaiwa match. I was surprised by how much I dug the latter one because I have such a short attention span and an opening stretch where everyone just kicks the shit out of each other without really attempting any moves wouldn't usually be my thing; But I was totally on board through the whole thing, and then the finishing sequence was just amazing. Really really loved it.

MaruBushi vs. KENTAMori was just such a frenzy. Didn't quite get into it right from the get-go like I did the New Japan tag match, but once they cut loose I was just wowed. I'd seen all four guys wrestle before but I was still totally taken aback by the fluidity and speed at which they went, it was pretty amazing.

I tried some of the Kings Road-y stuff with Misawa/Kobashi/Akiyama et.al.... I don't want to say I didn't like it, because as I was watching I knew I was seeing a really really good match, but I just didn't get into it as much as I did the junior stuff. I think it's my aforementioned attention span, it stops me from truly getting hooked into lengthy matches built around submissions and strike exchanges, I need more things happening to amuse me. That said, I really liked Misawa-Kawada from I think 2000, it wasn't one of the bolded/italicised matches but I remember finding that much much more accessible.

Not sure where to go next, there's so many potential options! Some of the Michinoku Pro looks like it might be to my taste. I'm interested in seeing the Women's matches as well and seeing how stylistically different that is from what I'd consider 'quality' North American women's wrestling, the Awesome Kong-Gail Kim feud and Shimmer and what have you. This is such a fun project, I'm really pleased it got put together.

that 2007 NOAH juniors tag is one of my favourite matches ever! As is the 2000 NJPW tag! I like your taste Jack.

• 1 month later...

Yamakawa vs. Honma (BJW, 1/2/00)

We're all appreciating Honma now, but it's fun to see how good he was fifteen years ago too. This was a notable juniors match in that they didn't do too much, and what they did do built to a crescendo. It was violent at the right times, and the blood was suspenseful in the moment. The suplex on the floor, a really overused spot that should be the deathblow in most matches, here felt dramatic and on point. This was a death match that could have been third from the top at a mid-80s Starrcade, and Honma is your awesome fiery southern babyface. Like many, many matches on this set, this is several minutes longer than it should be, and all of the long setups of stacking board on chairs for weapons spots illustrate one recurring negative of that era, but it's still a fun and wild match.

Hashimoto/Iizuka vs. Murakami/Ogawa (NJ, 1/4/00)

My incorrect memory of this was that it'd be tough to grade, and that this was more of a great spectacle than a great match, carrying the hallmarks of a lot of Inoki's worst booking. It'd be hard to watch this match with a blind eye to all the dumb shit that came in the wake of it. Instead I find that I love all four guys, as they're each genuine badasses doing their thing before a very hot crowd. The kick Hashimoto gives Murakami's face in the middle of this is one of the most violent strikes I've ever seen. This should make everyone's list for that alone. I didn't love Iizuka's RINGS imitations, and you can see here how Murakami and Ogawa were never at the level of the BattlARTS guys they were imitating, but this was superb violence and passable mimicry of prior NJ-UWF wars that would make my list if I turned one in.

Tenryu vs. Sasaki (NJ, 1/4/00)

Best thing I can say about this is that it's short. Not bad, but pretty much the entire first half felt like stalling and I've never liked Sasaki as a worker. Tenryu is an all-time great and this is one of his last big matches where he was genuinely mobile, but the strike standoffs are a bad harbinger of all the mindless faux-epics Sasaki went on to have throughout the decade. This felt a lot like when Flair would try to carry Sting or Luger to a good match and instead got away with something passable. A perfectly solid main event, but massively overrated on account of being a marquee Dome Show outing that helped make Sasaki.

Kobashi vs. Kawada (AJ, 1/17/00)

This was solid but not necessarily listworthy. Aside from one big release tiger suplex none of the action felt that exciting, and I couldn't care less who wins. Just a very detached by-the-numbers All Japan main event from guys who were out the door six months later. That said, all of the strikes are as good as you'd expect, and one thing that separated this from a lot of comparable matches from the same crew at this time was that the selling from both guys was very good, getting over the hurting that was being put on each dude.

IMPORTANT PART

In case you guys didn't know, Ditch extended the deadline on ballots to December 31st.

LESS IMPORTANT PART

The deadline extension will be great for me as I've been trying to really dig deep and watch lots of unlisted stuff and making a full-on top 500 or something. I'm a freak though, I know that. I started watching just over a month ago and I'm in November 2001 now. I've probably watched something like 150-200 matches total (I know.. I know..) and I've been enjoying the hell out of it. I can't help but notice though, especially for 2001, that I've been ranking quite a few unlisted matches higher than a lot of the matches on the spreadsheet. I know the rules and everything, and I'm not complaining, but I was wondering if anyone else felt like the 2001 voters were pretty far off here? I've got Misawa/Takayama, Mutoh/Tenryu and Honda/Ikeda as a top 3 for the year and then there is a massive dropoff in quality, at least as far as the list goes.

Again, not complaining, this is an incredible thing that Ditch is doing for us, but has anyone else felt this way about 2001, or any other years for that matter?

Sano vs. Tanaka (BattlARTS, 1/30/00)

Sano's one of the most underrated Japanese workers ever, but this didn't transcend. Good work well executed, but lacking the suspense of Sano's best NJ/UWFi/PWFG/NOAH stuff. I liked Sano's matwork and kicks, and while it didn't feel excellent at any point, BattlARTS shall rise again.

Kong vs. KAORU (GAEA, 2/13/00)

This was awesome, and a match I'd never seen before. I've been at times bored by Kong rarely selling, and this starts with KAORU putting a Sabu-like crazed beating on her. That soon changes and the match dwindles in the process. KAORU took a hellacious beating throughout, with a variation on the big Hamrick bump that most men in the business wouldn't be up for taking. A criticism of Japan 2000-2009 is that too much of it felt very rote and by-the-numbers in what was considered a good, epic battle. Like Yamakawa-Honma, this was chaotic, stiff, and often close to falling apart. And like Yamakawa-Honma, it wins points from me for novelty and showing reckless abandon in an era when things felt too controlled. The usage of table pieces in submissions is pretty crazy, as are all the ways in which KAORU tries to stab Kong in the arm with stuff. This gets props for being the first match I've seen in ages where blood felt like it genuinely enhanced the story.

Vader vs. Kawada (AJ, 2/17/00)

Not bad, but not nearly as good as you'd want Vader-Kawada to be. From a selling perspective they didn't seem to be on the same page, and they don't do enough to tell the story that Kawada has risen to the top of the company while Vader is winding down. In fact, the big critique here is that they didn't really tell much of a story at all, and the result is a mix of some good action and a lot of listless junk.The big bomb-throwing segment at the end is great, though.

AKIRA vs. Kanemoto (NJ, 2/20/00)

I mostly liked this. Judging from these matches alone, 2000 New Japan is so far a lot better than 2000 All Japan, which I would not have expected. Both guys working a raging ten minute sprint. I never like challenge spots where someone's limb is getting destroyed and they then encourage the opponent to hit the limb harder, as Kanemoto did here when AKIRA was wailing on this knee. That said, Kanemoto was a pretty great heel throughout and the finish here is awesome. This could easily make the bottom of a top 100.

Kanemura vs. Yamakawa (BJW, 2/22/00)

Liked it when they were wrestling, disliked the weapons spots which all felt long and belabored, with the exception of the great suplex through a table in the crowd.. Also, is the crowd just standing around the ring? Good lord. Kanemura is charismatic, throughout but the match isn't much to speak of. The finish is pretty heated, largely because BJW crowds seem to have been nuclear at this time.

Misawa vs. Akiyama (AJ, 2/27/00)

The Exploder suplex on the apron was insane. Both guys were at the top of their game here, and this is probably the best match I've watched so far for this. It's genuinely surprising to see how fast and agile both guys were at this time: Akiyama looks like the future of wrestling here, and Misawa is as good as ever. The reaction to the finish is tremendous – am I crazy or does Misawa blatently tap Akiyama on the back right beforehand? - but all told this is excellent. Was this the last truly great All Japan match?

Kobashi vs. Vader (AJ, 2/27/00)

Kobashi tends to have better gaijin matches than Kawada, and this follows that rule. The end at first feels like one false finish too many, but the actual one is great. Feels like Vader's last stand as this feels at times was Kobashi vs. a surly Kodiak bear, and the crowd loves Kobashi here. This too felt like a fitting end to what this crew had done together in All Japan before NOAH split off, and the stuff they were doing in these last two matches exceeds the prior New Japan and Big Japan stuff.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My ballot!

1 Misawa vs Kobashi, NOAH March 1st 3/1/2003 *****
2 Kawada & Fuchi vs Nagata & Iizuka, New Japan December 14th 12/14/2000 *****
3 Kobashi vs Sasaki, NOAH July 18th 7/18/2005 *****
4 Burning vs Kensuke Office Survival Match, KO/SEM August 17th 8/17/2008 *****
5 Kanemoto vs Hayato, New Japan December 22nd 12/22/2009 *****
6 4-way tag, Toryumon August 30th 8/30/2003 *****
7 KENTA & Ishimori vs Marufuji & Ibushi, NOAH July 15th 7/15/2007 *****
8 Kobashi vs Akiyama, NOAH July 10th 7/10/2004 *****
9 Ohtani & Takaiwa vs Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka, New Japan June 25th 6/25/2000 *****
10 Tanahashi vs Hirooki Goto, New Japan November 11th 11/11/2007 ****3/4
11 Nakajima vs KENTA, NOAH March 1st 3/1/2009 ****3/4
12 Sasaki & Nakajima vs Kobashi & Shiozaki, NOAH November 5th 11/5/2005 ****3/4
13 Takayama vs Sasaki, New Japan August 8th 8/8/2004 ****3/4
14 Tanaka vs Murahama, New Japan April 20th 4/20/2001 ****3/4
15 Sasaki vs Kawada, New Japan October 9th 10/9/2000 ****3/4
16 Do Fixer vs Blood Generation, Dragon Gate July 3rd 7/3/2005 ****3/4
17 Kondo vs Nakajima, All Japan February 17th 2/17/2007 ****3/4
18 Mashimo & Madoka vs Teioh & Shinobu, Big Japan May 23rd 5/23/2008 ****3/4
19 Typhoon vs New Hazard 6-man, Dragon Gate May 10th 5/10/2007 ****3/4
20 Tanahashi vs Nagata, New Japan April 13th 4/13/2007 ****3/4
21 Kobashi vs Takayama, NOAH April 25th 4/25/2004 ****3/4
22 Tenzan vs Tanahashi, New Japan August 15th 8/15/2004 ****3/4
23 Blood Generation vs Mochizuki, Taka & Yokosuka, Dragon Gate September 7th 9/7/2005 ****3/4
24 Morishima & Yone vs Akiyama & Rikio, NOAH April 1st 4/1/2007 ****3/4
25 Sekimoto & Y. Sasaki vs T. Sasaki & Miyamoto, Big Japan January 2nd 1/2/2008 ****3/4
26 Tanaka vs Sekimoto, Big Japan April 28th 4/28/2008 ****3/4
27 KENTA vs SUWA, NOAH September 18th 9/18/2005 ****3/4
28 Kawada vs Kojima, All Japan February 16th 2/16/2005 ****3/4
29 Tanaka, Kanemura & Kuroda vs. Sekimoto, Yoshihito Sasaki & Hi69, Big Japan April 28th 4/28/2006 ****3/4
30 Hayashi vs. Kondo, All Japan August 27th 8/27/2006 ****3/4
31 KENTAFuji vs Kanemaru & Hashi, NOAH September 12th 9/12/2003 ****3/4
32 Do Fixer vs M2K, Toryumon June 29th 6/29/2003 ****3/4
33 Mutoh vs Kawada, All Japan April 14th 4/14/2001 ****3/4
34 Hashimoto & Iizuka vs Ogawa & Murakami, New Japan January 4th 1/4/2000 ****3/4
35 KENTAFuji vs SUWA & Marvin, NOAH October 24th 10/24/2004 ****3/4
36 Kobashi & Takayama vs Misawa & Akiyama, NOAH December 2nd 12/2/2007 ****3/4
37 Briscoe Brothers vs Marufuji & Ibushi, NOAH September 6th 9/6/2008 ****1/2
38 Tenryu vs Kojima, All Japan February 24th 2/24/2002 ****1/2
39 Kobashi vs Honda, NOAH April 13th 4/13/2003 ****1/2
40 Takayama vs Misawa, NOAH September 23rd 9/23/2002 ****1/2
41 Akiyama vs Tenzan, New Japan August 17th 8/17/2003 ****1/2
42 Kawada vs Ogawa, Zero-One December 14th 12/14/2003 ****1/2
43 Nagata vs Makabe, New Japan July 6th 7/6/2007 ****1/2
44 Kawada vs Kojima, New Japan June 6th 6/6/2001 ****1/2
45 SHINGO & Hulk vs KENTA & Ishimori, Dragon Gate March 20th 3/20/2008 ****1/2
46 Akiyama vs KENTA, NOAH May 17th 5/17/2009 ****1/2
47 Muscle Outlaw'z vs Typhoon vs New Hazard, Dragon Gate June 5th 6/5/2007 ****1/2
48 Tenryu vs Kojima, All Japan July 17th 7/17/2002 ****1/2
49 Tenryu vs Mutoh, All Japan June 8th 6/8/2001 ****1/2
50 Liger & Tanaka vs Kikuchi & Kanemaru, NOAH April 7th 4/7/2002 ****1/2
51 KENTA vs Nakajima, Kensuke Office February 11th 2/11/2009 ****1/2
52 Suzuki vs Nagata, New Japan January 4th 1/4/2007 ****1/2
53 KENTA & Marufuji vs. Rikio & Morishima, NOAH July 16th 7/16/2006 ****1/2
54 Akiyama & Tenryu vs Kobashi & Shiozaki, NOAH April 24th 4/24/2005 ****1/2
55 Mochizuki vs Ryo Saito, Dragon Gate February 6th 2/6/2005 ****1/2
56 Tenzan vs Nakamura, New Japan August 15th 8/15/2004 ****1/2
57 Kanemaru vs Low Ki, NOAH September 10th 9/10/2004 ****1/2
58 Nagata vs Yoshie, New Japan August 10th 8/10/2003 ****1/2
59 Misawa vs Akiyama, All Japan February 27th 2/27/2000 ****1/2
60 Misawa vs Takayama, NOAH April 15th 4/15/2001 ****1/2
61 KENTAFuji vs Liger & Murahama, NOAH July 16th 7/16/2003 ****1/2
62 Minoru Suzuki & Marufuji vs Akiyama & Hashi, NOAH July 18th 7/18/2005 ****1/2
63 Tanahashi vs Suwama, All Japan April 9th 4/9/2008 ****1/2
64 Yoshitune vs Hayato, Michinoku Pro December 12th 12/12/2008 ****1/2
65 KENTA vs Suzuki, NOAH January 25th 1/25/2009 ****1/2
66 Shelley & Sabin vs Devitt & Taguchi, New Japan July 5th 7/5/2009 ****1/2
67 SHINGO & Dragon Kid vs Doi & Yoshino, Dragon Gate August 28th 8/28/2008 ****1/2
68 Ibushi vs Ishimori, DDT April 5th 4/5/2009 ****1/2
69 Nakanishi vs Tanahashi, New Japan June 20th 6/20/2009 ****1/2
70 Minoru vs Taguchi, New Japan July 6th 7/6/2007 ****1/2
71 Akiyama & Rikio vs Takayama & Sugiura, NOAH April 28th 4/28/2007 ****1/2
72 Misawa & Ogawa vs Marfuji & KENTA, NOAH April 25th 4/25/2004 ****1/2
73 Kobashi vs Takayama, All Japan May 26th 5/26/2000 ****1/2
74 Nagata vs Tanahashi, New Japan October 8th 10/8/2007 ****1/2
75 Kobashi & KENTA vs Saski & Nakajima, NOAH June 14th 6/14/2008 ****1/2
76 Kong vs KAORU, GAEA February 13th 2/13/2000 ****1/2
77 Tanaka & Hidaka vs Kanemoto & Taguchi, Zero-One March 2nd 3/2/2008 ****1/2
78 Tenzan & Kojima vs Barton & Steele, New Japan December 11th 12/11/2001 ****1/2
79 KENTA & Shibata vs. Taue & Shiosaki, NOAH September 9th 9/9/2006 ****1/2
80 Blood Generation vs Do Fixer, Dragon Gate March 6th 3/6/2005 ****1/2
81 Nishimura vs Kanemoto, New Japan August 8th 8/8/2004 ****1/2
82 Chono vs Takayama, New Japan August 11th 8/11/2002 ****1/2
83 Kobashi vs Nagata, NOAH September 12th 9/12/2003 ****1/2
84 Liger & Tanaka vs Kikuchi & Kanemaru, New Japan August 29th 8/29/2002 ****1/2
85 Kikuchi & Kanemaru vs Liger & Inoue, NOAH February 17th 2/17/2002 ****1/2
86 3-way tag, Toryumon August 14th 8/14/2001 ****1/2
87 Vader vs Kawada, All Japan February 17th 2/17/2000 ****1/2
88 SUWA vs Dragon Kid, Toryumon August 24th 8/24/2000 ****1/2
89 Mutoh vs Nagata, New Japan August 12th 8/12/2001 ****1/2
90 Taue vs Nagata, NOAH June 6th 6/6/2003 ****1/2
91 Jado & Gedo vs Kanemoto & Wataru Inoue, New Japan March 4th 3/4/2005 ****1/2
92 Marufuji & KENTA vs Hidaka & Fujita, Differ Cup May 8th 5/8/2005 ****1/2
93 Nagata vs Kanemoto, New Japan August 12th 8/12/2006 ****1/2
94 Taue, Mushiking Terry, Ishimori & Aoki vs TARU, Kondo, Yasshi & SUWA, NOAH December 10th 12/10/2006 ****1/2
95 Tanaka vs Kanemoto, New Japan April 13th 4/13/2008 ****1/2
96 Marufuji vs Kondo, All Japan November 3rd 11/3/2008 ****1/2
97 Danielson vs. KENTA, NOAH December 2nd 12/2/2006 ****1/4
98 Marufuji vs KENTA, NOAH October 29th 10/29/2006 ****1/4
99 Takayama vs KENTA, NOAH June 27th 6/27/2004 ****1/4
100 Kondo vs Dragon Kid, Toryumon April 28th 4/28/2004 ****1/4

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nothing came of it because no one that still posts here had any desire to continue it/a general lack of interest. Ditch last I heard is fine, he just got focused on real life stuff and stopped being active on wrestling websites, pretty sure he got a job in politics so may be related.

• 3 weeks later...

Used to be on the old site, posted as Crew, found my way back .

I had offered to help Ditch set up the spreadsheet and everything for this, as it was a lot of work. He declined the offer and said he'd get it done. He did get a job in politics (must be loving it atm). Would have loved to have seen this completed, it was a great project that many of us spent a lot of years on.