DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 69: Jędrzejczyk vs. Penne (6/20/2015) - Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany (O2 World Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_Fight_Night_Berlin_Poster.jpg?143300

UFC Fight Night 69: Jędrzejczyk vs. Penne

June 20, 2015

Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany

UFC Women's Strawweight Championship: Joanna Jędrzejczyk © (114) vs. Jessica Penne (114) (first defense) - Jędrzejczyk, TKO (strikes), R3 (4:22)

Dennis Siver (145) vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri (146) - Kawajiri, DEC (unanimous)

Peter Sobotta (171) vs. Steve Kennedy (170) - Sobotta, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (2:57)

Nick Hein (155) vs. Łukasz Sajewski (155) - Hein, DEC (unanimous)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:

Makwan Amirkhani (145) vs. Masio Fullen (145) - Amirkhani, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (1:41)

Mairbek Taisumov (155) vs. Alan Patrick (154) - Taisumov, TKO (head kick and punches), R2 (1:30)

Alan Omer (146) vs. Arnold Allen (144) - Allen, SUB (guillotine choke), R3 (1:45)

Niklas Bäckström (145) vs. Noad Lahat (145) - Lahat, DEC (majority)

Scott Askham (185) vs. Antônio dos Santos Jr. (185) - Askham, TKO (knee and punches), R1 (2:52)

Piotr Hallmann (154) vs. Magomed Mustafev (155) - Mustafev, TKO (doctor stoppage due to cut), R2 (3:24)

Taylor Lapilus (135) vs. Yuta Sasaki (135) - Lapilus, TKO (punches), R2 (1:26)

Event Bonuses ($50,000):

Performance of the Night: Arnold Allen

Performance of the Night: Mairbek Taisumov

Fight of the Night: Joanna Jędrzejczyk vs. Jessica Penne

Attendance: 8,155

Cancelled Bouts:

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Glover Teixeira - Injury to Gustafsson (Back)

Makwan Amirkhani vs. Diego Rivas - Bout Nixed

Alan Omer vs. Mike Wilkinson - Injury to Wilkinson (Shoulder)

Nikita Krylov vs. Marcos Rogério de Lima - Bout Moved to Another Card

Derek Brunson vs. Krzysztof Jotko - Injury to Brunson (Rib)

Peter Sobotta vs. Sérgio Moraes - Injury to Moraes (Knee)

Uriah Hall vs. Krzysztof Jotko - Hall Visa Issues

• Like 1

Women talking trash to each other while clad in bikinis.   One of the things that makes life worth living.

Too bad that both of these attractive women will be trying to break the other's orbital bones on Saturday night.

Taisumov and Amirkhani are so much fun to watch and both seem to have high ceilings from the little I've seen from them. That was a really good prelim show, though I missed Askham's destruction job.

• Like 2

Taisumov and Amirkhani need to be brought up slowly because they clearly have something with them. The Trator fight was a bit too much, too fast for Taisumov. He was facing a much bigger guy who could nullify and slow down his game enough to win. There are plenty of interesting guys who Taisumov could fight at 155 who present a challenge to him, but don't easily overmatch him.

I've already seen it Twitter so it's a bit of no brainer, but Amirkhani vs. Lahat is a logical next fight to make for Sean Shelby.

Taisumov looked great, and he's definitely a guy to watch moving forward.  

The Kawajiri/Siver fight was close, I guess it just depends on how you score things. I gave Siver round three due to his attacks off his back and submission attempts which had Kawajiri in trouble and he had to fight to get out of those positions. I gave rounds 1 and 2 to Kawajiri.

That was vicious. Her skill level on the feet is so, so much higher than any of the strawweights in the UFC division. Kowalkiewicz and Grasso might be interesting fights in the future but the other ladies in the UFC's SW div are no match.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk's striking is like butter.  She has great combinations.  It's also nice to see a legit striker who can handle the grappling aspect as well.

This is just an outsider's opinion, but Eric del Fierro came off like an awful coach here.  Not sure how he could let his fighter go on like that with her face getting mangled with virtually NO offense.  His coaching also sounded terrible. 

• Like 1

That was vicious. Her skill level on the feet is so, so much higher than any of the strawweights in the UFC division. Kowalkiewicz and Grasso might be interesting fights in the future but the other ladies in the UFC's SW div are no match.

This ain't the same girl I watched fight Ju Thai. This is a whole different, much scarier lady right here. Kowalkiewicz can conquer the rest of the outsiders in KSW while Grasso fights Livinha for the Invicta title. So I agree, we can wait for that.

• Like 1

Joanna Jedrzejczyk's striking is like butter.  She has great combinations.  It's also nice to see a legit striker who can handle the grappling aspect as well.

This is just an outsider's opinion, but Eric del Fierro came off like an awful coach here.  Not sure how he could let his fighter go on like that with her face getting mangled with virtually NO offense.  His coaching also sounded terrible. 

Should've retired after the second round. Even when Jessica landed the odd clean shot, there was nothing behind it. "You need to open up." Oh, really? She was getting diced every time she did. How about telling your fighter to keep her guard up at all times. How many times did Penne get caught on exits because she was trying to portray calmness in a fight?

I'm guessing nobody's going to be lining up for a title fight after that one. Can you imagine Rose vs. Joanna? Good lord...

• Like 1

That's not a fight I want to see Rose take at this point.  

Honestly, I think best fight for Jedrzejczyk next is the winner of Gadelha/Aguilar.  At least her first first with Gadelha is close enough.  And if it's Aguilar, fresh match-up and another former champion in her division with a lot of wins and experience.  Would be probably one of the better tests for her.

I really like Waterson, so I don't want to see her Joanna... :) .

Making that match is like sentencing Waterson to her death. 

Also, while I'm at it, fuck yeah at Kawajiri being a ranked UFC fighter in the year 2015.

• Like 1

She is very scary, but the Meryl Streep in Sophie's Choice accent makes her really endearing. Along with her demeanor, it makes her marketable for a specific fanbase which is why they should really get her to fight in Chicago and NY/NJ.

• Like 1

At some point they should put her and Ronda on the same PPV. Maybe even do an all-women's PPV. They're at the point where you could realistically fill a main card with fighters that your average UFC fan is familiar with.

But yeah, the first step is getting Joanna on a main card that everyone is going to see.

• Like 1