DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

Expectations? For this game? As low as they fucking get.

Told you guys nothing would change when 2K picked this up. They're only a publisher. The dudes who design the game and their design philosophy remain the same.

I love how half the thread is talking about the wonders of No Mercy and especially Fire Pro.  Meanwhile, WWE 2K15 is all like "Hey, remember us?  It wasn't all bad, right?"

I'm happy to see Balor in the game, and Bayley/Sasha too.  Much like people who buy Madden yearly, I know I'm going to get this.  I would like to be more excited about this so I'm hoping they answer a lot of questions.  You figure another year with it they'd be able to put a lot more into this.

15 sucked. The game play wasn't bad but my god, the creative suite was gutted down to nothing.

• Like 1

Prediction: WWE 2K16 will be free to play. You'll have 8 wrestlers to play as from the start and only an exhibition mode. You can then purchase all wrestlers and match types for $80.

• Like 2

Road to Starrcade mode bitches.  We get all of the big matches from Starrcade 1983 to Starrcade 2000.  We start with Flair vs. Race in the cage and end with the epic...fuck that won't work. 

Dude, I'm dying for the "Showcase" mode to be WCW-centric.

Road to Starrcade mode bitches.  We get all of the big matches from Starrcade 1983 to Starrcade 2000.  We start with Flair vs. Race in the cage and end with the epic...fuck that won't work. 

Starrcade 83 mode with ultra realistic Gene Kiniski as referee who won't get out of the fucking way and ruins the match.

• Like 1

Starrcade 83 mode with ultra realistic Gene Kiniski as referee who won't get out of the fucking way and ruins the match.

Oh, and they have to add localized blood so we can play the Dog Collar match and beat Roddy Piper's ear bloody.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As long as I get to run The Mechanics vs. Team Gable matches, I might just get this otherwise probably-pretty-shitty game because I skipped 2K15, so why fucking not?

OK, so I'm not expecting those guys to make it in, but having the depths of the main shows roster + most of the NXT roster would be awesome. Crossing my fingers for Blue Pants somehow.