DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jstout said:

Why is it so impossible to get a submission on someone? Chase the opponent's rectangle with your rectangle, but they're always on opposite sides of the circle. Grrrrrrrrrr. Video games too hard for old man.

I just started rocking from left, to right, to left, to right, etc, moving along with their cursor.  Once you get the rhythm it's pretty easy to chase them down.

20 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I just started rocking from left, to right, to left, to right, etc, moving along with their cursor.  Once you get the rhythm it's pretty easy to chase them down.

I think I'm trying to move up and down instead of left and right. Thanks for the tip.

Okay - I am freely admitting that I think a lot of my displeasure is "old man not knowing the controls"

I have never played a 2K game so all this counter and submission and rock, paper, scissor bullshit is baffling

I haven't played a Madden game in like 5 years but I feel like if I grabbed one I would still be able to figure out quickly what I was doing. Here - it is like jumping in the deep end.

And the literally tutorial messages are barely helpful - WHEN they show up

It would be fucking nice if I knew how to do signatures and finishers

Oh and don't have a game manual section that is literally just VISIT THE GAME WEBSITE!!!!

Have you been through the tutorial when you start a MyCareer? You get to practice moves on Enzo at the Performance Center. That's where I'm stuck right now, trying to figure out how to make him submit. Pardon if you knew this already.

Not yet because I thought the tutorial would be separate.

Guess that is where I am starting next.

And yeah - none of the NXT women being in the game is absurd when they put Enzo/Cass AND the Vaudevillians in it

I threw together a masked man named Mr. X, complete with an X on the mask and my jacket. Naturally, he's from parts unknown. I didn't exactly put any sort of time into it whatsoever.

The game strikes me as one of those that's probably a little too complicated for its own good. I understand them trying to bring as many facets of wrestling as they can to the game, but it just isn't engineered to be a fun experience.

Didn't the same bunch do NBA 2K16? Game really reminds me of that - the gameplay gets kind of lost in trying to capture every nuance of basketball, and as such gets a little too button-pressy for its own good.

I was reading early in the thread and someone described it as being way more on the sim side than the arcade side and I think that is the best way to describe it.

I just have to decide if that is the type of game I want to play

I somehow lucked my way into submitting Breeze in the tutorial and have been bones since.

I have been submitted early to head locks twice thanks to the bullshit system

Meanwhile apparently I can only win 3 and 4 ways

LET'S TALK ABOUT SETH ROLLINS

BACK TO YOU.... SATAN

The submission thing is moving left and right to move that shit.  Just kind of move along the top or bottom of the circle.  Kind of let them come to you.  Get the dot if you can, but it shows up randomly and sometimes they get it - it super boosts either the chances of getting a submission or them getting out of it.  Dont swirl the stick.  Don't go up and down.  Don't listen to what the game fucking tells you.  Go left or right.  That's it.  Listen to me.  Not the game.  The game is wrong.  Don't fuck with that boost shit with the shoulder buttons, only use it to get out of submissions.  The submission system sucks and is fucking bullshit but I can get submissions pretty much whenever I want using my method.  Unless they get the fucking dot.

Also, the body part being damaged increases your chance of a submission.  Limbwork

My wrestler is a fat fuck and doesn't both with that submission shit - it is getting out of it that has been the issue. I have been getting better at breaking out of them but it is still irritating.

My first 5 star match was a 3 way with Balor and Itami. Ended with both me and Balor bleeding. Went on FOREVER

It took me way too fucking long to Stun Gun Bret Hart. Motherfucker and his never ending stream of reversals

Going to try Trom's submission method, because I was ready to quit the game after spending an hour on the Austin/Steamboat BATB '94 match being submitted by sleeper holds the whole time.

And then finish that to run into another damn submission match with Bret Hart.  I was able to get through both of those, but it was through pure stick wiggling luck.