DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

I forgot Legends pack is out.  I can't wait to get home and try it out.  Only image I saw was of Trish and she looked great (especially given how bad they can be with getting the looks of the Divas right)  Need to lookup how the others fared.

Yeah, Trish's model is spot on other than the hair. The 4 male legends all look a little off but aren't terrible. It's '90/'91 babyface Piper, heel Boss Man, and polka dot Dusty. Dusty is a blast to play with as he has so many awesome strikes. 

Yeah, Trish's model is spot on other than the hair. The 4 male legends all look a little off but aren't terrible. It's '90/'91 babyface Piper, heel Boss Man, and polka dot Dusty. Dusty is a blast to play with as he has so many awesome strikes.

They all look great,really feel most of them are spot on. Trish and Perfect got a holy shit reaction from me.

4thmA3vb.jpgXRMLRIzb.jpgPeT4whFb.jpg

qPyrKm2b.jpg5sHRdP3b.jpgwaAITJub.jpg

tkNjgH7b.jpgXe3MGTAb.jpg8JMe6Icb.jpg

UL8xmkGb.jpg

I'm not even sure who some of those models are supposed to be:

1st row: DDP, Miz (?), JBL

2nd Row: Daniel Bryan, um... WCW-era Dave Finlay (?), Albert or Kama/the Godfather (?) 

3rd Row: Sgt. Slaughter, Sting, Stunning Steve Austin (lol)

Bottom: Vader.

I can id a couple of those only because they've been mentioned in this thread.  It probably would have taken me a while to guess DDP for the first one.  Looks like Kofi auditioning for an off-Broadway production of the Lion King.  D-Bryan looks ready to turn heel and adopt an American Taliban gimmick  Not sure what to make of Austin's apparent skin condition.

• Like 1

Sorry for getting nerdy here, but I'm curious as to how people are playing this game in comparison to myself. I haven't tried Universe mode yet. I'll probably give it a try once I've filled up my CAW slots, but I'm in no hurry because in previous years it's always felt super-repetitive. I just book matches in Exhibition mode. 

How do you treat all the various different incarnations of the same wrestler? Do you just pick a favorite version, like Cactus Jack, and ignore the other iterations? I try to find roles for them all. For example, Cactus Jack is my babyface version of Foley, while Dude Love and Mankind are both in different heel stables. Bikertaker is a face, Attitude Era Taker is leading a heel stable (Ministry of Darkness), and current Taker is in a tag with current Sting.

Anyone stumble onto any fun tag team combinations or stables? I put Rude and Breeze together under the name "Pretty Ravishing," Mark Henry, Bigelow and Vader as "Hall Of Pain" (couldn't think of anything better), and Rollins, Owens and Corbin as "Triple Threat" (Corbin makes a great heater). 

I've just sort of been dinking around in MyCareer.  It takes so long to get any traction, though.  I think I've redone my gimmick about six times now - current on a Fandango/Miz crossover type.

Does Universe Mode actually have different types of feuds and whatnot to get into?  It all seems really repetitive now.

I have a heel Dean Ambrose teamed with a heel Chris Hero. They don't have a name but they sure are fun to watch kick ass.

The Fat and the Filthy?

That's not a terrible team.  Only way you could make it better would be to replace Ambrose with... literally anyone else.

I have a heel Dean Ambrose teamed with a heel Chris Hero. They don't have a name but they sure are fun to watch kick ass.

The Fat and the Filthy?

That's not a terrible team.  Only way you could make it better would be to replace Ambrose with... literally anyone else.

My take on them was sort of a 21st century take on Bob Orton Jr. and Dick Slater...if Bob Orton Jr. was really shitty on offense.

I'm either a gluten for punishment or an idiot (both?) for playing online again. Assholes are back in full force.

It used to be the heart punch. 2K wisely patched it, so now it's the leg sweep. They'll do a leg sweep, you'll reverse, and they can pull of another leg sweep before you can react. With limited reversals, you can imagine how fucked you are.

That or the "butt bump" that's virtually impossible to reverse.