DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

So 2k16 is just 2k14 with a bigger roster, more moves and a better universe mode.

No change in the gameplay. No new submission system. No 'seated' position. No middle rope moves on the turnbuckle. No stamia issues. No crawling pins. No "breakout" attacks during entrances. No face/heel attributes in Universe mode. No custom gear outside of colour changes...

It is just an updated 2k14... Not sure how I feel about it but im glad I got it dirt cheap online.

Yep its WWE 2k16. Stone Cold Showcase mode and all.

Just that on PS3 it has almost none of the upgrades/enhancements that are advertised. Im still mashing buttons for 'Breaking Point' submissions. There is no chain grapple mini game.

Its just 2k14 with a bigger roster and better universe mode.

Honestly, I don't think they should take any time or effort away from current gen to make changes to last gen. I still play my 360 from time to time, but after two years, people have to upgrade.

Besides, there are a ton of things that need fixing on current gen. Two of my favorite modes to play, EC and Royal Rumble, are either broken or completely unchanged.

• 2 weeks later...

Last gen version is staggeringly bad. It's not even up to 2K14 levels. It's like...2011. The models are worse than ever, with 80% looking worse than CAWs. Gameplay is somehow even more sluggish and cheap, with glitches everywhere. I don't know how they managed to make a worse game.

But it's not like they were trying that hard to begin with. Austin's "career" mode is really just the Attitude Era, almost all of which you got to play through in 2K13 or 14. The ECW and WCW matches are just bonuses with no video clips or anything. And Stunning Steve is literally Stone Cold's model with hair pasted on. It's such a copy/paste job. And completely shameless.

Some terrible off screen photos of 360 version:

4thmA3vb.jpgXRMLRIzb.jpgPeT4whFb.jpg

qPyrKm2b.jpg5sHRdP3b.jpgwaAITJub.jpg

tkNjgH7b.jpgXe3MGTAb.jpg8JMe6Icb.jpg

And worst of all, imo: 

UL8xmkGb.jpg

That's not even Vader's face under the mask for fuck's sake.

• Like 1

I forgot Legends pack is out.  I can't wait to get home and try it out.  Only image I saw was of Trish and she looked great (especially given how bad they can be with getting the looks of the Divas right)  Need to lookup how the others fared.

Yeah, Trish's model is spot on other than the hair. The 4 male legends all look a little off but aren't terrible. It's '90/'91 babyface Piper, heel Boss Man, and polka dot Dusty. Dusty is a blast to play with as he has so many awesome strikes. 

Yeah, Trish's model is spot on other than the hair. The 4 male legends all look a little off but aren't terrible. It's '90/'91 babyface Piper, heel Boss Man, and polka dot Dusty. Dusty is a blast to play with as he has so many awesome strikes.

They all look great,really feel most of them are spot on. Trish and Perfect got a holy shit reaction from me.

4thmA3vb.jpgXRMLRIzb.jpgPeT4whFb.jpg

qPyrKm2b.jpg5sHRdP3b.jpgwaAITJub.jpg

tkNjgH7b.jpgXe3MGTAb.jpg8JMe6Icb.jpg

UL8xmkGb.jpg

I'm not even sure who some of those models are supposed to be:

1st row: DDP, Miz (?), JBL

2nd Row: Daniel Bryan, um... WCW-era Dave Finlay (?), Albert or Kama/the Godfather (?) 

3rd Row: Sgt. Slaughter, Sting, Stunning Steve Austin (lol)

Bottom: Vader.

I can id a couple of those only because they've been mentioned in this thread.  It probably would have taken me a while to guess DDP for the first one.  Looks like Kofi auditioning for an off-Broadway production of the Lion King.  D-Bryan looks ready to turn heel and adopt an American Taliban gimmick  Not sure what to make of Austin's apparent skin condition.

• Like 1